Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7394&start_row=11

could a white man ever be rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 8/10/2020 8:34:17 PM

I and I a priest in the order of Melchizedek, and my religion is Freedom, Redemption and Repatriation of all Black people to our own vine and fig tree. the Ethiopia Freedom Kingdom of Africa.

Messenger: Everton I Sent: 8/16/2020 6:17:03 PM

First of all

What do you mean by racism Black Christ in Flesh?? The next thing would be that it is racist to say BLM instead of ALM? The same way as we look at Cavemans trod about BLM. If you let the white man tell you what racism is and what racism isen't -you will fool your very own self.
We all come from Afrika and yes we are all one human race, BUT when I say that a white man can't be described as an afrikan it means that he cannot be described as a black man. It is faithfully white, yellow and other races that have emigrated away from Afrika. In other words: A white man is not judged by the system to be an afrikan. Evison Matafale Skræling get my point. Have I ever said that white people aren't original people too?? No. I said they can't be described as original RasTafarI people. Now I will take back my words about destiny. Because there is only one destiny as Garvey said. But white part has a different role in that destiny than we have and we just have to acknowledge that. Ras Runman started the thread by writing:
"If we look through history, our talents and resources have been white washed" - By looking at where im coming from there is a need for radical change. White hands have never put food on my table.
Why do you think the Black Panther (a movement without white influence) was the biggest threat in FBI's glasses. It was ONLY black people who lived in the same country and knew how their struggle was connected. Whites joined Dr. king when he begged the system to stop... Risk of corruption is there. Marcus Garvey also preached that whites should not interfere in the black struggle, but let blacks be with their cause. The best thing (as I would say) a white man can do is learn about black history, educate other whites and be sure that he is not helping to put corruption in our society and consciousness. In the same way, it is not organizations that send money down to Africa that help us. No. Western and Chinese companies just need to leave Afrika and us Afrikans alone. And if they do not, we must bun Babylon to the ground. Does this mean I'm judging you if you're a white man? NO. I am a man who loves my people. That's all I am.
At the same time I am just one I out of many RasTafarI's. INI leave I judgements to the most high. This is just my view.

IPX Ninja
No Rasta is not a religion still. Our goal is on earth. Not in heaven. Every I has his own spiritual journey and that is why we can develop and grow together. Even in Bobo Shanti, 12 tribes, Nyabinghi etc. we are so different. Your truth is not written in a book or in a church. Your truth is written in your heart and it is up to you to find it. The rastaman founded his truth when he stopped going in to the white mans religious church. The true knowledge and roots found the rasta man himself. He did not wait on god because he started to realize that he was god in flesh and Selassie I was his spiritual father guiding the I. INI do not quite think that your definitions is related when it comes to the foundation of the rastaman. The only reason not to call "Black Panther" a religion is because there are no spiritual aspects. Question: Would you call "black panther" a religion if members began to strengthen their personal power with spiritual discipline?

That's my view on it.

Give Thanks

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 8/16/2020 6:27:16 PM

I man never read the pussy remake of cleaver, I man read the original produced in Cuba, Everton I go play your tunes somewhere else.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/17/2020 8:45:33 AM

Everton I

Respect. I hear what you're saying and respect your views and insight, but I think your making your definition of religion too narrow. Not every religion is Christianity or Islam. The word religion is innocent and shouldn't be thought of as a negative because of what people have done in its name. This would be like blaming black crime on being black as opposed to individual choices and circumstances. The definition I used isn't just dictionary but also the view of the bible. Whether you view the bible as a guide or not, it is another perspective offering views and insights and it says that your religion is your way of life. It is the path you take. This is often confused with spirituality. There are people who are spiritual and not religious and people who are religious and not spiritual.

These things are like flesh and blood. The religion is the body... its the physical actions and expressions of who you are while spirituality is the life blood; the essence of who you are in constant development/evolution/enlightenment. The fact that you can call it Rasta makes it a path distinct from other religions. However, the path is what you say and do. Spirituality is the internal change, development that should result from the actual FOLLOWING of that path. Most people have a path but not everyone follows that path and therefore gains all the benefits from that path.

Was there a religion in Wakanda? Absolutely. African religions do not need to have the same symbols or ideas of western Religions for them to count as such.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 8/24/2020 1:02:55 AM

Racism. Hmm. It's just skin complexion, determined by various environmental and genetic factors.

But skin complexion is not a reason good enough to discriminate. Why, no matter the amount of MELANIN in the skin, eyes or hair, everyone is still the same person. This man, and that man, they are the same man. This woman and that woman, same flesh, same bone, same blood, same spirit.

So Anyone can still be an African teacher even if they're white as snow or black as coal.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 8/24/2020 8:24:01 AM

Rasta is African Roots so a white man can worship God as much as the black man. A white woman can be a Natty dreadlocks as much as a black woman and be equally filled with light and wisdom, instead of darkness and foolishness, as the way of the world.

But to be an African is impossible for a European, likewise its impossible for an African to be European. But its a free world, and if a man or woman desired to change their tribe and live among another out of their own choosing, then them are free. An arab could live among Israelites, or an Asian among Africans. Ethiopians lived among Israelites in the ancient days, and now in these modern times Israelites live among Ethiopians in their country. People have crossed borders and travelled and forgotten their home. However,for the hesitant to migrate, one is free to maintain their tribe, race and home.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 8/24/2020 8:34:28 AM

When Jesus was born in Bethlehem, wise men from the East (asian mystics) visited. So Almighty God Jah Rasta Fari is not racist but will bless anyone of any tribe who seeks him with his light and salvation.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/24/2020 9:41:46 AM

Um... Newsflash. Europeans also came from Africa.

They are many generations removed which allows more differences in their physical appearance, adapting to their environment. However, even their European features came from Africa and can still be seen in the oldest African tribes.

So if black people who have left the continent for long periods stay away for many many generations then what's the difference?

Africa is the origin of all of humanity. That fact cannot be taken away from anyone. The only reason why anyone tries to is because of how different they look based on skin color. And that should not be a determining factor. There are whites who have been living in Africa while we weren't. They are African because they actually live/d there. And no one would dispute this if it wasn't for racism.

And that gives too much credit to something bad that they invented. Africa didn't go by race. It went by nation and tribe. We don't need to stop acknowledging race as a social group, but we do need to stop judging which race can be or do what activity, behavior, lifestyle, etc.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 8/24/2020 1:11:27 PM

IXPNinja I think I did mention that earlier before on another discussion, that all humans have African ancestry and african blood in their veins.

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 9/3/2020 8:44:22 AM

I have read that it is not even certain that the first people came from Africa. There are studies that now say that there is also a high probability that they came from Asia

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I