Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7369&start_row=11

Data

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 7/7/2020 10:22:11 AM

Blessed Love Idren

I man give thanks for the good reasonings here.

I could have emphasized it better, but mostly I was talking about how InI are actively engaging in making babylon money through our clicks and views. Not that one of InI going to singlehandedly fund a white supremacy or corporate or politrickall agenda through our clicks, but that each individual does have a responsibility to be aware what their movement of data is helping to fund. Not saying that it is always easy to see either.

Kiwiman, I man glad to hear the government in NZ providing internet access to lower income people. Nuff ways babylon trying to make it difficult for InI to maintain education in these times. I sight gigabytes are practically a necessary commodity these days, especially in technologically “advanced” countries.

I like the I bringing up the point that cheap or free phones for homeless or lower income people is a great way to geolocate ones that didn’t have the means to embrace that technology already. If InI check the narrative from babylon, nuff information they let slip about their capabilities. As the I says, it’s a tricky subject because they listening in. True Rasta. Still InI can sight their program and promote education and awareness.

I man don’t really want to imply that I man a saint all times. Nuff ungodly behavior I man participated out virtual reality way. I man still try to be aware and try to choose majority goodness in I man’s behaviors. As in reality, so I man try trod in any virtual realm. Good thing InI forward to now times when theres no wax or gouging required to avoid babylon temptation haha.

As the I says, moderation is the best way. I agree that they going to make it increasingly difficult to live a life with no data trail. Yes I Rasta, babylon quick to cast suspicion on InI even if we just cool in Nature haha!

Jahcub I, bless up. I man give thanks for the I’s sight. Very interesting article on observing and intentionally creating shockwaves in the economy. Nuff relevance I man can see to these times. Surprising that article is from 1979. Wonder if babylon could even dream how easy it would become to gather and influence and observe InI’s habits haha. They must be so proud. Didn’t take us long humans to put down paper and take up the microchip.

I really like the points the I sight’s about social credit being extralegal. InI must really check for those systems and work against them. babylon just trying to find MORE ways to punish and oppress black people and all people of color. I man have seen nuff articles that show facial recognition software has particularly difficult time identifying facial features of people of color. No wonder they want to implement programs based off it.

There is much to be reasoned about the ways that our data is going to get involved with our “societal ‘privileges’”. I think it is very possible InI could be even denied services that some take for granted as a right. Especially with services like insurance. They trying so hard to get a little camera or tracker in everything. I see so many companies offering a deal if you sign up for more invasive versions of their products. What happens when those versions become the only option? One can mount a camera on their dashboard of their car to get a discount, but what happens when InI can’t get car insurance unless we record everything? Would they ever do the same with home insurance? I bet if they could!

True Rasta, InI should work to look close and try overstand what is inside the user agreements InI agree to.

IPXninja, Give Thanks for a deeper explanation on the value of data and the difference between data and big data. I man sight what they want is InI money and they use any means necessary to take it from InI more effectively.

I man personally don’t use social media. I did use facespace at one time, but I never provided my last name to the account or much personal information. Still my face was shown and tagged and nuff data they were able to gather from the works I advertised. So I man not trying to say I am boss enough to be a ghost, but I man way closer than most. Now the only social media I have is snapchat app. Haven’t used it for a long time, but they still have nuff data from when I used it more regular.

I try not to buy anything from Amazon, mainly cause I man don’t support their program. Probably reasoning for another topic. Also, because I try to buy things made in America, and Amazon does a very poor job of accurately portraying a country of origin (also probably reasoning for another topic).

I man wondered how babylon could know about data that one viewed prior to being convicted of a crime. That explains it that any database can be subpoenaed.

Give thanks for the clarification that most companies keep data private but InI accept terms of services that allow them to sell it to other companies. Not very often InI choose to not accept terms and not accept use, but maybe InI need to do that more often? I man not trying to cast judgement, I sight it is for each one to decide.

Good thing there are new rules working for more protection of InI data. I man would be grateful if the I could keep InI informed of what the I hears. And maybe translation from when babylon try to keep it hidden to InI through their language haha. Wouldn’t the threat from hackers be greater to InI with higher income and assets, and the threat from corporations be greater to InI that are lower income?

I man curious what the I knows about targeted advertisements. I have had multiple examples of ads showing up on I mobile phone that I man have only talked about. Very specific things that relate very minimally at all to I man’s browsing or purchases. I man have heard reasoning that there is no way they are from microphone activation, and instead it is because the profile that they build is so effective at estimating what I man want to purchase. But how can it be soooo targeted when I man take so many precautions with I data? How can they show I an ad for something I only speak about with a friend when I phone is “deactivated” (not off with the battery out)? Are InI to believe they are really that effective at profiling?

HAILE SELASSIE I BLESS TECHNOLOGY

Messenger: Kiwiman Sent: 7/7/2020 4:15:34 PM

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled" ~Mark Twain

Harvard professor Shoshana Zuboff wrote a monumental book about the new economic order that is alarming. "The Age of Surveillance Capitalism," reveals how the biggest tech companies deal with our data. How do we regain control of our data? What is surveillance capitalism?

In this documentary, Zuboff takes the lid off Google and Facebook and reveals a merciless form of capitalism in which no natural resources, but the citizen itself, serves as a raw material. How can citizens regain control of their data?

It is 2000, and the dot.com crisis has caused deep wounds. How will startup Google survive the bursting of the internet bubble? Founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin don't know anymore how to turn the tide. By chance, Google discovers that the "residual data" that people leave behind in their searches on the internet is very precious and tradable.

This residual data can be used to predict the behavior of the internet user. Internet advertisements can, therefore, be used in a very targeted and effective way. A completely new business model is born: "surveillance capitalism."

Original title: De grote dataroof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvzZ56ZbWy8

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I