Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7331&start_row=1

Staying irie whilst living amongst Babylon

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Kiwiman Sent: 5/5/2020 6:58:57 AM

Greetings from NZ.
Dis my firstpost an I dont know Patois an such, but can try to speak in ways amenable to Rasta brethren an Sistren hereon dis forum.
In NZ we have sort of Rasta but not really.
Many Kiwi Rasta real heavy from meat and alcohol and processed food. Its hard to get support to have good livity. Australia an NZ number 1 and 2 for cancer and NZ #1 for youth suicide and plenty more do slow death by fork and spoon.
NZ and Australia prolly most non religious countries in world.

Me I dont have nothing but my irie nature and friendliness for others. Sometimes I feel full of irie, as a child I had big smiles and joyous nature most of the times.

Lately I been spending time ina city Auckland and picking up negativity from others and eating bad foods. Lain down with dogs and got fleas.

I read some bible and remember verses about guarding oneself and finding good company but struggle so much to find my people. So much sufferation amongst the people I feel it too much as I very sensitive by nature

I still lacking an do bad habit, mean thought I pickup from my environment, everyday I could make better choices, all the small bad choices together become a larger deficit when all is added up.

I sense many come to dis forum looking for guidance. Many want good livity and much irie, but live in Babylon city with little or no community of goodness an haf to make their own way.

I checked out Auckland Seventh Day Adventists but instead of finding plant based christians I find truth mixed with lies. Many good people there but leadership very corporate in suits not for me.

Or mega church persons jumping up and down flashing lights and sensory overload intoxication with no bible reasonings, eating anything and consuming all media with not a thought for their livity or attracting a calm sustainable state of irie.

So for me I eat the herbs of the field and shop at Indian supermarket for beans and spices, and sit in power spots at parks around the city. One thing Auckland has is plenty of good parks and lots of trees and birds. When I spend time in parks my irie come back. Walking a lot too does attract the holi ghost to me.

I listen 70-80's Jamaican reggae and dub and irie come to me when dis music I hear. The herb and maybe a little cacao or kombucha I use as sacrament.

So if I walk a lot, spend lots of time in parks, and have good livity, I can access irie. Maybe enuff for me as irie can come easy to me.

But downside is I very sensitive to bad vibes. Suspenseful music on TV and action movies and TV drama with bad vibes make me feel bad and take some days to shake off.

So apart from walking and physical work, livity eating, bible wisdom, reggae music and sacrament herb and foods, I have no persons or noone groups to help make me irie.

Maybe this is just the way it is for others like me too. All alone in Babylon city.

I would like to be more irie more often, and after having written all dis here and now, maybe see the way forward a little clearer.

I think addressing the bad habits like late nights, bad media exposures, bad company choices and incorrect ignorant thinking is a good place to start.

Initially when I started to write this, I wanted someone here to give me something to make more irie, an now I see its all up to I and I.

Blessed thanks and Praise Jah

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/10/2020 3:40:50 PM

Praise His Majesty, Rasta shines light in the darkness

Messenger: Kiwiman Sent: 5/11/2020 10:08:21 AM

Praise be to the one most high
Power and glory Haile Selassie Rastafari

How good you are to one such as I
To wants to bath all day
In the warmth of your light

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI