Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7302&start_row=1

Chemicals

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/8/2020 6:40:01 AM

Rasta =naturalist, but what kind of chemicals are the other I's against?

I use baking soda sometimes when I have to clean my locs to the fullness like zayloc showed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXw4_kGD6X0

What you think about that? Is it bad or good and why

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/9/2020 11:42:10 PM

No toxic chemicals, JAH is the best chemist- benign.

There is good chemistry and there is bad chemistry. Watch the words you speak, watch the company you keep.

A good team is known to have good chemistry, same with a man and woman match made in heaven. Watch out for the toxic relationships and all the substances you relate with daily in ya livity- be conscious my brother and sisters.....Love

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/11/2020 4:48:55 AM

How do the other I's wash their locs

And what is good and bad chemicals in your eyes?

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/19/2020 4:53:51 AM

It is actually exciting because chemicals are not necessarily bad. It's just at least two things from nature put together and creating a process. I guess not only do you eat raw food. It is also a chemical process when you fry your vegetables. So what do you mean when you say no chemicals? Like baking soda in the locs. Is that bad too?

Messenger: Bomboclaat Sent: 3/22/2020 8:50:34 AM

Agree
I don't even understand what rasta mean by natural anymore
We can't define natural
All chemicals come from nature

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 3/24/2020 6:28:13 AM

Natural is what Jah has made.
Chemicals found in nature are in their natural state.

Artificial and synthetic chemicals is what man has made. Synthetic chemicals are made by man trying to imitate the chemicals found in nature.

Everything InI need is found in nature and there is natural ways of using and extracting chemicals; without the synthetic and artifical extractions and creations of man applying his study of chemisty.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 3/24/2020 9:10:24 AM

RastafarI is natural.Chemicals in their natural state are natural. Jah made.

Babylon is artificial. Chemicals that have been isolated and altered, or synthesized are artificial. Man made.

The more something natural has been taken and altered and processed; more harm than good it often does.

Sometimes we need to extract some beneficial chemical or property within nature, sometimes isolating an ingredient is needed; sometimes we need to remove the poison to get to the nectar.

Still I think it is best to avoid the overly processed, artificial and synthetic things/chemicals. And to make your own natural products.

Keep it natural rasta

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/26/2020 2:38:05 AM

Messenger: Bomboclaat
Sent: 3/22/2020 1:50:34 PM
hide

Agree
I don't even understand what rasta mean by natural anymore
We can't define natural
All chemicals come from nature

Whole ting a semantics, don't it? Lol

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 3/26/2020 2:53:39 AM

See - MaN - Tics

AMAN & AMAN

HOLY HIGH PRIEST - MEL-KI-ZADOK H.I.M.-SELF - MOST HIGH - HOLY EMMANUEL I (A MAN - THE R MAN)

&

HIS OWN DIVINE MAJESTY EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I THE FIRST, KING ALPHA, FATHER ABRAHAM (ALSO A MAN)

& NEVER LEAVE OUT MAMMA EARTH - EMPRESS MENEN I - QUEEN OMEGA I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

MAN / OMAN OF R. IS GOD / GODDESS IN FLESH

men & women of wrong is satan / sataness in flesh same way.

Heart of Love & Blessings 2 One & All still...

Love is the Key...the Golden Key..
JAH JAH Golden Key
Binghi Golden Key
BoBo Golden Key

BLESSED LOVE, MY LORD, & EMPRESS.. PRINCE & PRINCESS

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 4/27/2020 7:39:23 AM

Give thanks
Now when jessep86 says "no toxic chemicals" and Jahcub I says "there is natural ways of using and extracting chemicals; without the synthetic and artifical extractions" what do you think about washing I locs with the apple cider vinegar and baking soda? I normally do aloe wash, but I think baking soda / vinegar washing gets all the dirt out of I locs and that's why I like to use it infrequently.

If we research pure baking soda it contains natron
"Natron is a naturally occurring mixture of sodium carbonate decahydrate (Na2CO3·10H2O, a kind of soda ash) and around 17% sodium bicarbonate (also called baking soda, NaHCO3) along with small quantities of sodium chloride and sodium sulfate."

"Sodium carbonate is the inorganic compound with the formula Na2CO3 and its various hydrates. All forms are white, water-soluble salts. All forms have a strongly alkaline taste and give moderately alkaline solutions in water. Historically it was extracted from the ashes of plants growing in sodium-rich soils. Because the ashes of these sodium-rich plants were noticeably different from ashes of wood (once used to produce potash), sodium carbonate became known as "soda ash".

At the same time I do not see it as toxic as I don't know how it should affect I locs. Zayloc is a rasta and he use it too. But I still wa fi get your opinion on baking soda

Selassie I RasTafarI

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I