Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7273&start_row=51

Whats wrong with eating the box???

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 76
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lema Lion Sent: 12/30/2020 9:13:52 AM

If we catch up on this forum again...

1. When you mention cannibalism, what do you refer to? Physically, you do not eat the flesh of human. It's just a man-made metaphor. You can use that metaphor against kissing too. Don't you kiss your EMPRESS?

2. Oral sex was practiced in Ancient Kemet.(SO IT WAS AN AFRIKAN THING TOO)

3. Lions and many other animals perform oral sex.

4. From the sources IPX shared the vagina is cleaner than the mouth.

5. If oral sex is so nasty why isn't it nasty to kiss? Putting your mouth to another human mouth?

I really don't see any argument for why Oral Sex is wrong. Only biblical scriptures, but as IPX said:

"The law of Moses seemed to be very interested in the prevention of the spread of germs and bacteria; especially from menstruation. I think this mentality was inherited by Rastas.But you have to remember that these were very real threats during the ancient world and they didn't have the modern products that we use today in order to clean ourselves. I believe they had a fear of blood which then turned to women because of menstruation. They didn't have feminine hygiene products and tampons so you have to consider how these men felt waking up with their woman's blood and they didn't have washing machines and resistant fabrics and all that. It was a different time. They were probably sleeping on animal skins and it was probably just very nasty."

The Jamaican culture on this subject is based on biblical scriptures.
I love many of the scriptures in the bible. Don't get me wrong. I find many African roots in the book, but remember now that it's from a different time. Also remember how much corruption has also been put there. In the end, the book has also been used to justify slavery. The definition of an enslaved mindset is when you say that something is wrong JUST because the bible says so. Where is the real argument???

Many think that it's wrong because of the biblical culture. And when great role models like Sizzla and Capleton speak out against it, you may well get the feeling that it's wrong.
Capleton sings: "Bun out the chi chi. Batty dem a fuck and suck too much pussy" - Why do Oral Sex suddenly has anything to do with homosexuality lol?? This is between man and woman. (I love Capleton btw, but Jamaican culture based on the bible can be really toxic sometimes)

So if you take away the biblical scriptures from another time and the Jamaican culture and think for yourself, is it still so awful?

Bless up
RasTafarI

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/30/2020 10:02:51 AM

I and I nuh suck pussy or eat pork or nuff a them freaky tings a gwaan. It's sinful. Hollywood don't school I.

Messenger: Lema Lion Sent: 12/31/2020 3:56:04 AM

Based on what?

You mention Hollywood while I mentioned Ancient Kemet

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/31/2020 10:13:12 PM

Too bad I and I is from Israel. Jerusalem and Judah. I and I, in the ancient tradition of David and Moses, I and I nuh nyam flesh other than what JAH separate as clean from unclean. Leviticus told I and I which beast have a living soul, which beast have an angel heart ❤;;;️;;; and which beast a lifeless vegetable.I and I wouldn't eat a human. That will defile the sacred nature of JAH spirit and he will abandoned I and I.

KeMet like to say that they have visions of enlightenment when having sex but.. Isn't this nonsense? I mean, you ever watched lions mating? All that roaring, humping and tearing the earth. It's nothing spiritual! More flesh and flesh business than communion with the SOURCE. I bet.

If you want to see visions maybe try smoking a chalice cup before bed. You might have crazy dreams. Try a spliff and a coffee at midnight. I guarantee you'll sleep like a baby, even if you won't dream "dreams". Try 🍄;; mushrooms. You don't even have to fall asleep to go to the other side. Like a Nazirite who's been holy for ages.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/31/2020 10:32:42 PM

Humping, roars and excited growling, biting, tearing the earth, name it. Two flesh lost in each other.

Messenger: Ras RunMan Sent: 2/8/2021 9:36:14 AM

My ex girlfriend broke up with I because I said it was a sin for I to eat her out

Messenger: Everton I Sent: 2/15/2021 6:18:27 AM

Who is she to be your woman if she only thinks of the tongue?

You must not feel bad about it. You are a strong king when you hold on to your principles.

Jah Bless

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/4/2021 11:33:11 AM

"The definition of an enslaved mindset is when you say that something is wrong JUST because the bible says so." - Lema Lion

DEEP!! I love it.

"I and I nuh suck pussy or eat pork or nuff a them freaky tings a gwaan. It's sinful. Hollywood don't school I."

sinful, based on what? The law was very limited in the sense that it could only denounce things that were being done AT THE TIME. As Lema Lion pointed out, which is true, oral sex was going on at the time. But where in scripture does it specifically state that this is unlawful or sinful? In the book of Hebrews it says the marriage bed is undefiled.

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Being a whore was looked upon as shameful. But a lot of this was due to a difference in culture which was also based on SURVIVAL. They didn't have jobs at corporations. They couldn't order food from a drive thru and pay with cash or credit cards.

Don't just copy what you think they were like. UNDERSTAND THEM. You have a great mind. The key is not to live in the past but to let the good ideas of the past survive and find application in MODERN society. People who try to live like its 2000 BC are not doing themselves or God or anyone else any favors.

In order to eat they had to grow food, hunt, raise animals and trade. Raising animals wasn't easy because they had to protect them from wild predators. Women's role in our survival was primarily seen from the perspective of having children. You can't have a future if you can't have children. But they weren't doing a ton of phsyically demanding labor. That was the man's job because that was more efficient for the male form. But men used this WRONGLY in order to create a patriarchal system where they had all the power and women were subjugated and OPPRESSED.

I do not believe you consciously want to be an oppressor. I also beleive that you have a strong desire to live according to the bible. But I want you to TRY and see the errors that ancient people made. They were not perfect. They were human. That's why the same law that tried to protect them from harmful bacteria is the same law that allowed them to beat their slaves because it consider the slave to be the "money" or property of their owner. Sorry but that's wrong.

The Israelites were even told not to oppress other nations BECAUSE they had been oppressed. But they were spiritually immature and couldn't apply that to their own women. And in many ways this started racism because they were allowed to treat other nations differently than their own people and that preference is the same type of discrimination we face from the racist members of white society.

Again... sorry, but that is wrong.

Learning from history means NOT repeating it. If we repeat it that means we didn't learn from it. So I implore you, not to engage in oral sex if you don't want to, but rather to see the bible WITHIN ITS HISTORICAL CONTEXT.

"eating pussy" is a euphamism. "pussy" is a euphamism. We don't go around confusing vaginas for felines so it doesn't make sense to confuse oral sex for cannibalism.

When something is "sinful" its wrong. However the bible doesn't regard everything as sinful. This is where "unclean" comes in. As I said before... this was about things that weren't sterile or sanitary. In reality, germs are everywhere and we don't escape them. Some harmful things (pathogens) are blood borne. Others are airborne. truth is they're everywhere.

The act of sex, regardless of who you had sex with... was considered UNCLEAN. Oral sex would qualify as UNCLEAN. But not sinful. Having sex made them unclean for a certain period of time. Pathogens can live outside of a host for a certain period of time. But the reason they needed laws about cleanliness is because they didn't have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal soaps and showers. AND they had to do manual labor in the hot sun. So if you've ever gone to the gym, smelled people sweat and body odor, the odor you smell is caused by BACTERIA. It breaks down sweat and is linked to certain glands. These glands are found in the breasts, genitals area, eyelids, armpits, and ear. Now imagine you were out in the hot sun tending your cattle. You come back to your tent, sweaty. There is no deoderant. There is no soap. There is only cold impure well water that is likely teaming with bacteria and mosquitos.

When you TRULY consider the world they lived in... you can truly appreciate a good hot shower... in an enclosed house. I have a decent sized stream running through my backyard but I'm always thinking about mosquitos but it is rare that even one makes it into the house. That is a blessing. When I was a small child visiting my family in Jamaica there were mosquitoes all over the houses we stayed at and everyone was just used to them. When you live in a tent... you're going to have flies and mosquitos which means youre going to have maggots and other pests. Disease was a fact of life and they had few weapons to fight it. There was no such thing, honestly, as "clean". They didn't have refrigerators or freezers so they couldn't keep food very long before it spoiled and developed mold. They eventually developed yeast but how long did that take?

So the reality is, once you consider all the factors of their daily lives, I could eat pussy all day and be 10 times cleaner than they could have been on their best day, after and even during bathing.

Not eating pussy is not a principle. It's a personal choice and if your personal choices are based on what you think its a moral principle then it calls your whole decision making into question.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/8/2021 9:31:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv-KXCb3nnU&ab_channel=SPIRITUALSo

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/23/2021 8:42:54 AM

From when I started this thread from a little over a year ago, it has been interesting to see the arguments.

The average Jamaican is really nice and you get a warm welcome every time you are visiting the island. But there is also a bullying culture I really find nasty when we are discussing nastyness. When the youths go up to you and want to hear if you have ever performed oral sex, group sex or anything else so they can judge you within their framework or be sure that you are a 'clean' badman. I must say that IPX and Lema are the most credible here when it comes to my learning.

For example, I read a thread Ras RunMan had started where he tells that he had committed a sin, but the reason he committed the sin was because he did not know why it was a sin. And one must also reckon that if one doesn't know that something is wrong or disgusting because one doesn't have good enough arguments for it. Then you also commit the so-called 'sin' without knowing that it's wrong. To put it in another way. If you do not have good enough arguments other than 'I am from Israel. I do not lick pum pum' Don't expect the youths to learn from you either.

I am not bashing GA og BCIF or any of the I's, but if oral sex is such a big issue, something more is needed to convince the youths.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 76

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I