Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=724&start_row=1

Lower Standards

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/24/2005 1:16:52 AM

People these days walk with such low standards.

Here is an example that shows what I am saying. Monday evening I was with I Empress in a nice Indian Restaurant and through the window I noticed an old man trying to open the door to get into the restaurant. So I got up and walked to the door and opened it for him. It was hard for him to open it because the wind was holding the door shut, I could feel the force when I tried to open it. As I was walking forward to I seat, a middle aged woman said to I a few times "you are so kind".

The problem I had with this situation is that the thought of saying that should not have come into her mind. If people were Living with the right Standards, then there would be no praise when people do these things, it would be expected. And if the person didn't do it, they would be rebuked for their lack of behaviour.

It is the same on the bus or subway. How can people not feel shame while sitting on a seat when standing next to them is an old person, pregnant woman, parent with small children, or anyone else that would need the seat.

There are many other examples that show the poor state of society. The people of the world need to raise their standards in Life. Wickedness will never be close to Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 3/24/2005 1:29:32 AM

Ark I

Tru dat, I man tried to do same tin' lak' dat
de adda day , Bot to I suprise tha ol' woman
I was tryin' to assist turn an' seh ,"Fu..off
who said am disabled"?. It all depends on who,
weh an' wehn.

Fyah
Ras B

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/24/2005 10:22:21 AM

Yeah man exactly. I man was with a girl sometime ago and she grew up her whole life in wiht angry and confused parents, unfortunatly one of them is no longer here, but she was mal-nutrtitioned with care. Well I showed her the love of Rastafari, and she said, "You treat my like a Princess." I said, "You are a princess, but this is no royal treatmentl, this is merely how things are supposed to be."

Give thanks brdren

Haile High
Ras Zion I

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I