Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=721&start_row=1

Early Stages of the Rastafari Movement

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/22/2005 2:41:01 PM

There is a lot about some of the early things that happened in Rastafari, that are very strange to me. I want to know some of the I's thoughts on these things, such as The Scrolls of Black Sumpremecy to which (no offense) but the Bobo Breden tend to hold to as a real document, but the practices of the man Ahtyli were not talked about to much. If you read Bob Marley's Catch a Fire book in the beginning of the book it is describing Athylis practices as Alister Crowley who was a sick satanic creep. I am not saying that I have a problem with Rasta, because rasta has grown from a what was once merely a resistence to a spirituallity, so I have seen Rastafari step foward in thingking and philosophy. In earlier days Lenord Howell pronounced himself as God and the Messiah. And after he left Charles Edwards, or "king emmanuel i" came along and took over as "the black christ and god and creator" and all of these other things. This sounds like someone trying to take some control for themselves. I mean really listen to the guys teachings, go to the houseofbobo.com and read some of his teachings. They aren't really anything that is significant.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 3/22/2005 7:02:40 PM

The Scrolls of Black Sumpremecy. I n I do not believe in these scrolls at all, they (if real) were born from angry people, who have the right to be angry, and the scrolls have no real knowledge or wisdom. I say they is rightful to be angry because how would you feel if your entires people's history in the world has been changed by a foreigner.

Ahtyli. The book he wrote, The Holy Piby, I know is good to read but I wouldnt suggest it be tooken exzactly serious because it comes from a person who was not a RastafarI, also because it isnt from ancient scriptures like The Kebra Nagast, The Holy Bible itself or The Scriptures of Enoch.

Lenord P. Howell. I have never heard of himseld proclaiming he is 2nd Messiah, but he has been dubed "The first Rasta". He was the first Righteous man in the movement according to Sources given in different books, He lived like Solomon one source said, because he had multiple wives. As far as I know he was involved in Ital living.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/22/2005 8:46:10 PM

Do you know of the time when King Emmanuel and others sold tickets to go to Ethiopia in 1959, and thousands got sold and no one went anywhere.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 3/22/2005 10:21:55 PM

Very much so, this is another reason I am not Bobo, and dont plan to be, but I not intending to downgraded I brethren. I believe Nyahbinghi, if I was to select a tribe would be it. Not dependent on no one man.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/22/2005 10:29:43 PM

I dont want to point accusations, I just want to deal with truth. Were did you hear about this from? Why did this happen? and What was the outcome from this action, if it truley occured, the action being fraud?

I think in the early stages of Rasta movement there were so many conceptions to get the people to steppin on forward that people just got confused on the good work that they were doing, (War for food, War for agricultural land, Record wars, turf wars, you know that genacidal plague that used to desimate any great movement, was used to defragment the true idenity of who Rastafari is and who Rastafarians should truly be following), even InI, which brings things tied into a knot and not one thing can exist in this Rasta movement without all elders coming to an acountability with any actions that may have made the people fall further into this pit that babylon has the people in. Like I always say InI is gonna make this pot bubble hot.

Selassie I
Unity

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/23/2005 1:21:22 AM

Oh its a real thing, everyone in Jamaica could tell you about that day bredren. Over three thousand rasta went to that and for almost two weeks chanted, smoked, and all the other things waiting for deliverance and repatriation, all ordered by King Emmanuel, or Charles Edwards as is his real name. I don't like that man. He is a deciever and has taken the glory off of Selassie I and tried to put it on himself. He calls himself God!! And yet he died in 1994 and the Bobo continue this.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 3/23/2005 3:55:09 AM

Ises.

I read an Interview of a Ras who left Howell's camp when he proclaimed himself the messiah, in the RastafarI Speaks Newspaper, when I remember right.

Charles Edwards had nothing to do with the 1959 incident! It was Rev Claudius Henry who sold the tickets and told about Repatriation, and for that he then went to jail. His son organized then armed guerilla Rases in the Red Hills. The background of the whole incident is not clear, so you should be careful before calling the man fraud. I think he didn't have any bad intentions and believed in the whole thing himself.

Come on Brother, be more tolerant! The things which you tell about the death of Edwards sound exactly like the things Babylon tells me about HIM death! I n I respect the Bobo Ashanti as brethren in this Armagiddeon Iwah, they are serious and not just talkers, give thanks! The Nyahbinghi work together with the EABIC to strengthen the movement. I am not the judge of a man's belive, and HIM tells I that no one can judge the faith of others!
So please brethren be careful, and don't YOU try to divide!
To me it sounds you never had real contact with the EABIC, so you should do that bevor talking like that. No Nyahman would talk about the EABIC like you do! This is not the right behaviour for a Youthman in the Movement. Keep humble...

Selah

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 3/23/2005 9:18:51 AM

Greetings

I sight Emmanuel as a High Priest as far as i know he was apart of the Nyahbinghi order, he had to bow to selassie I. If he was the Black Christ in flesh he shouldn't have had to bow to no one. How can a one serve more than one master?.

Blessed love

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/23/2005 9:36:52 AM

i do not know about that , but i do know that in the bible it say that christ washed his people feet, i take that as him saying that we are made by the same creator, and we are walking in the same walk,do you know what i mean?

onelove

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/23/2005 10:59:52 PMHidden - Offensive
View Message  Reply

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I