Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7203&start_row=41

How do I&I read the bible?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 74
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/12/2021 4:29:30 PM

Jahcub I: Christianity is African, Ifrican. Mary gave birth to Iyesus Kristos in a cave in Ithiopia. Ithiopia was Christian before Rome. The oldest Ible is also in Ithiopia. Ifrican roots.

That is your opinion.

However, Miriyam was a Hebrew. Yeshua, was a Hebrew. All this "Iesous Kristos" stuff is European language.

“According to Ethiopian tradition, Christianity first came to the Aksum Empire in the fourth century A.D. when a Greek-speaking missionary named Frumentius converted King Ezana.

https://www.ias.edu/news/in-the-media/butts-ethiopia-basilica#:~:text=%E2%80%9CAccording%20to%20Ethiopian%20tradition%2C%20Christianity,named%20Frumentius%20converted%20King%20Ezana.

Brotha, let's be really real. WHITE people brought Christianity around the world. WHITE Missionaries.

"Judaism was practiced in Ethiopia long before Christianity arrived and the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible contains numerous Jewish Aramaic words."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Ethiopia#Christian_roots

According to church historian Nicephorus, the apostle St. Matthias later preached the Christian Gospel to modern-day Ethiopia after having preached in Judea.[12] Rufinus of Tyre, a church historian, recorded a personal account as did other church historians such as Socrates and Sozomen. The Garima Gospels are thought to be the world's oldest illuminated Christian manuscripts.

AGAIN... Yeshua and his disciples were Hebrews who practiced Judaism. The ONLY way for Ethiopia to have gotten "the trinity" as a core belief is from ROME.

quote: Ethiopian Orthodox believers are strict Trinitarians, maintaining the Orthodox teaching that God is united in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This concept is known as sə;llasé (ሥ;ላ;ሴ;), Ge'ez for "Trinity". Daily services constitute only a small part of an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian's religious observance.

This is all the proof you need in order to understand where Ethiopian Christianity came from. The Trinity was a European invention that wasn't established until 325 AD. So when historians say Ethiopia "adopted" Christianity, it means that it started somewhere else and they were taught it. So no, it didn't start in Ethiopia.

It's not enough to say Judaism was practiced in Ethiopia before. Judaism is NOT Christianity. And the Jewish disciples of Yeshua did not teach Christianity. They were simply called Christians by Europeans because "KRISTOS" is a European word. If they had invented Christianity they wouldn't be doing it using someone else's language. For example... since the camera was invented by Europeans the word in Japanese is still カ;メ;ラ; ("camera").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church

quote: Miaphysitism holds that in the one person of Jesus Christ, divinity and humanity are united in one (μ;ί;α;, mia) nature (φ;ύ;σ;ι;ς; - "physis") without separation, without confusion, without alteration and without mixing where Christ is consubstantial with God the Father.[9] Around 500 bishops within the patriarchates of Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem refused to accept the dyophysitism (two natures) doctrine decreed by the Council of Chalcedon in 451, an incident that resulted in the second major split in the main body of the State church of the Roman Empire.[10]

Though taught by Europeans, the Ethiopians were simply not obligated to accept every decision of these European councils. But that doesn't make Christianity Ethiopian.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 4/13/2021 9:39:27 PM

You would like to say that Christ (Haile Selassie I) is not of Judah, or Christianity and Judaism aren't related at all, but remember his coronated titles were Conquering Lion of Judah and defender of the faith, and also King of kings as in Revelations. Respect to the Master.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/13/2021 11:14:01 PM

And Empress Menen Asfaw being a descendant of Muhammad of Islam.

"From the Bible to the Koran
Revelation in Jerusalem
Hello, hello
You can see Christians, Jews and Muslims
Living together and praying amen
Let's give thanks and praises" - Alpha Blonde, Jerusalem

More unity. One Love. More Strength. One JAH.

No need to argue if Christianity is African, or if Haile Selassie is African, European or Asian. HIM is who all are descended from. The image of the Almighty is in all. Satin and Babylon wars against it in all of us regardless of our so called race or ethnicity or nationality or skin color/tone. Christianity is not exclusively African or European....Christianity is human, addressing the human condition like nothing else can. JAH is the like of the entire world, impartial.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/14/2021 2:52:51 PM

@jessep & BCIF

As much as I would love to agree with both of you, I cannot. I'm going to make a series of statements which I believe can help us all reach more common ground. I want to start from what I believe is most common and then I would like someone to stop me by indicating exactly which point where they disagree.

1. Every Rasta understands Babylon is a bad thing which was warned about in the bible.

2. Babylon is the name of the great whore of Revelation

3. Revelation 17:9 says that she sits on "seven mountains" which is typically understood as the seven hills of Rome.

4. This woman "rides" atop of a "beast"

5. Beasts in the book of Revelation are talking about nations.

6. Revelation 14:8 and Rev 17:2 specifically mention drinking or drunk off the wine of her fornication.

7. Rev 18:3 tells us that all nations have engaged in this fornication with her; which says to myself as well as many who study Daniel and Revelation, that this woman is not herself a nation, but is more likely a religion/religious institution. Why? Because many nations can adopt the same religion.

8. Rev 19:2 further says that the great whore corrupted the earth with her fornication.

9. What is fornication? If Yeshua told a story of Israel being like the bride of Yahweh, the fornication would involve the worship of other gods and their beliefs and practices.

10. The word we associate with "other gods" and their beliefs and practices is "pagan".

I hope everyone is still with me so far.

11. Back in Rev 2:20 it uses the word "seduce" and then adds "eat things sacrificed unto idols". So this was obviously a pagan practice. It is a perfect example of the understanding reached in point 10. But seduction implies that it's not necessarily a straight forward "hey forget Jah, why don't you come over and worship Tammuz or Astarte?" They were seduced without ever really crossing that line. They were simply "cheating" on YHWH according to the spirit of Torah.

12. The Israelites were supposed to be monotheists according to Torah but in the past they also delved into paganism; often as a result of marrying outside of their culture.
https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium.MAGAZINE-when-the-jews-believed-in-other-gods-1.6315810

13. So this idea of spiritual fornication wasn't new. Therefore, the Israelites sought to establish a policy against marrying foreign women unless they were virgins (young women). Being younger they would be more likely to convert instead of converting the men. Recall that even Jacob/Israel's wife left home carrying her father's idols.

14. When the Israelites made the golden calf, it didn't necessarily mean they had abandoned the god of their forefathers entirely but rather that they had learned to be pagan in Egypt and believed in many gods, not just one.

15. Fast forward and You'll see that Catholicism matches the major description of this whore of Babylon. And this is why it matters where it came from; because religion can often be like a drug. And if you don't know or care where you're buying it from what you think is herb can be laced with some other drug. This mixture is like "fornication".

16. It should be obvious that Christmas trees did not come from the bible or Judaism. It should also be obvious that the "Easter Bunny" isn't from some forgotton biblical text.

17. The holy day, according to Torah, is the seventh day. This is called the sabbath or shabbat. It's rarely mentioned in reggae but it is sometimes mentioned by Rastas like Sizzla. Keeping the sabbath is the 4th commandment.

18. So why do most Christians go to church on SUN-day? It is because the pope claimed to have changed the sanctity of the sabbath to sunday. But this was just a justification for a practice they were already doing because the Roman Emporer Constantine was a SUN worshiper and he "converted" to being a Christian for political reasons.

19. I say Christian, not Christianity because there is a difference between people being called Christians and an INSTITUTION/ORGANIZATION establishing this name. So just because the word Christian is mentioned in the bible doesn't mean Christianity was started in the bible.

20. I could start a religion called black jessep in Flesh and especially if you had both already died there wouldn't be anything you could do about it. By taking your names people might think this new religion had something to do with you. But why would it? Why, if you didn't start it yourself? And so likewise, Christianity was not started by the person it is named after. Yeshua never stopped being a Jew in order to be a Christian. Just like he never stopped being "Yeshua" to become "Jesus". And "Christ"... That is a European translation of Messiah but how many Christians understand that Messiah was supposed to be the anointed king of Israel? They don't only because they make it about RELIGION and not about nationality, whereas Israel was the chosen NATION of Jah, not the chosen religion.

Again, I hope everyone is still with me to some extent. I understand that if you were raised Christian or around Christianity then it is easy not to see this fornication. Once I started to see it, it made me sick and I left Christianity.

21. The fact that Constantine brought in pagan beliefs and practices, even choosing this belief that "Jesus" was the literal son of God... all these things cause followers of Christianity to massively violate the 10 commandments. The first 4 commandments represent the contractual (of the covenant) obligation to Jah. The first 4 commandments are all violated by Christianity.

22. The first commandment is backed up by "the Shema" which is found in Dueteronomy 6. It basically says to the nation that there is one God and his name is YAH (or JAH). This was to be repeated 3 times a day. Anyone doing this would not have been deceived by the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. And there were beliefs that different Christian groups believed prior to the creation of Christianity. There around 7 different beliefs about who/what "Jesus" was. They did did not agree with each other because this was before they created a new doctrine in order to settle the debate.

23. I cannot point out enough that this "pre-trinity" debate was happening amongst gentile Christians, not Jews. And at this point most or all of the disciples and apostles (missionaries) were dead. So there was no major figure with the authority to set them all straight. And so for the sake of unity this was actually done by Rome via Constantine.

24. It isn't a coincidence that the NATION was given holy days and feast days and that it wasn't good if you failed to keep the feast days, especially Passover. But Christianity replaced these things with PAGAN HOLY DAYS. But Christians don't pronounce it "holy". They pronounce it as "holly". But the word "holiday" is actually "holi-day" or "holy day".

25. You can say Islam is African because Muhammad was born in Saudi Arabia and on ancient maps the middle east was still considered Africa. However, Muhammad basically just created his own version of Judaism and later people added to it in ways that helped the agenda of those who held religious power. For instance, 72 virgins is all about getting men to be willing to fight for you even if it's a suicide mission.

26. Likewise, Islam evolved under the infleunce of paganism. Hajj is a Hindu pagan practice. The crescent moon, etc. Walking around a cube?

27. So instead of waiting for the bridegroom, the foolish virgins didn't bring enough oil and in the darkness they ended up with a man who was not the groom.

28. Christianity is more pagan to me than it is biblical. They barely know the bible at all. They just make passing references to in and cherry pick the little bits they like so that they can all feel a sense of authenticity. But it's not a coincidence. Yeshua said that the TREE is known by its fruit. That means if the fruits of Christianity are pagan beliefs and practices then that's what the whole of the tree is and we can correctly identify it as such. And so Constantine didn't convert because he was a believer. He converted in order to keep Christians from taking the power he already had and then he used their power and influence to merge Christianity with paganism in order to unite the empire back under his rule.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 4/14/2021 3:11:04 PM

@IXPninja

Not just my opinion brotha. Yes I, lets get really real.

Iyesus Kristos is not a european name. It is Ithiopian, from the Ethiopian Geez language.

Christanity was in Ithiopia long before what you have quoted. Since the days of the Book of Acts it was there. The real Ethiopian tradition:

"No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. "

-Haile Selassie I

"Although Christianity became the official religion of the Aksumite kingdom in the fourth century, the religion had been known in Ethiopia since a much earlier time. In the Acts of the Apostles, VIII: 26-40, we are told of a certain Eunuch, the treasures of Queen Candace of Ethiopia, who went to Jerusalem to worship the God of Israel. There he met Philip the Deacon and was baptized by him. Ethiopian tradition asserts that he returned home and evangelized the people."

"The introduction of Christianity as the state religion of Ethiopia came about not as the result of organized evangelical activity from outside the country, but because it was the desire of the king."

http://ethiopianorthodox.org/english/ethiopian/prechristian.html#2intro

Israel is in Ifrica, Judaism and Roots Christianity are Ifrican.

JAH Love and Guidance

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/15/2021 12:31:50 AM

So what? So what if your right Ipx?

So what? So what if your right Jahcub?

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 4/15/2021 5:04:11 PM

So what about the truth then?

It's not about who's right. It's about what the truth is and the who's story of history.

What are InI going to teach the youth?

How do InI go about honoring His Majesty Haile Selassie I, and His teachings?

What does it mean to be given the title: Defender of the Faith?

Each one teach one
Iron sharpens iron
RasTafarI

Messenger: Nqondlo Sent: 4/15/2021 6:35:13 PM

Life began inna AFRICA. Been proven long time before a christian idea-ology.
Jah-cub speak on my Idren/Sistren...
This is more than a so called "truth". This is a real-I-ty (real eye to yo)...

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 4/15/2021 10:07:15 PM

Well, Christ is not an idea but a reality as well. Haile Selassie, the Conquering Lion of Judah, was a Christian and that did not make him any less of an African than others who stuck to other forms of worship and black reverence. Certainly one must not confuse spirituality with religion, yet the precepts of the one define the other, the former being preferred over the latter. The rhetorical question remains if Haile Selassie followed the Ethiopian tradition and culture of Orthodox christianity by his own choosing, or was he coerced and pushed into it? Iman know this in my heart that Haile Selassie, or the Living God of Israel who saved I and I from slavery thousands of years ago, he lives on beyond time and space and his meditation is beyond the imagination of ordinary men.

Some man however would like the Emperor and anointed of Iself to their personal being and a dead man, an ignorant man and blind follower of religions, a public showpiece and other nuisanses, so me wonder what them worship at all, and why they chant his majesty praises and name.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/16/2021 1:11:27 PM

@Jahcub

If the Ethiopians used Greek it is because Greek, like English, was a common language. So no, it's not originally Ethiopian at all.

Don't believe me?

Let me give you a quote:
The name Iesous ( ̓;Ι;η;σ;ο;υ;͂;ς;, pronounced yay-SOOS) first appears in the literature of the third century BC, specifically, in the Septuagint (abbreviated as LXX).[10] The earliest appearance of the LXX was a translation of the Pentateuch from the Hebrew into koine Greek. The rabbis who carried out the version were expert in the Hebrew Scriptures, fluent in Greek; they rendered the name Joshua as Iesous.[11]

In Hebrew, the name Joshua took two forms: Yehoshua (yeh-HOH-shoo-ah) in earlier books of the canon, Yeshuaʿ; (yay-SHOO-ah) in later (for example, in Chronicles, Ezra-Nehemiah: Neh 8:17). The Septuagint and later Jewish literature almost always uses Iesous (except, for example, in 1 Chron 7:27, where it is Iesoue, Ι;η;σ;ο;υ;ε;; and in other LXX manuscripts) which is the equivalent of the shorter form, Yeshuaʿ;.[12] The earliest appearance of Iesous is in Exodus 17:8-9a LXX – “Then Amalek came and was fighting Israel at Raphidin. And Moyses said to Iesous, ‘Choose for yourself capable men, and go forth, and set up in battle array against Amalek tomorrow.’” (NETS translation of the LXX) It is precisely the same word as Iesous in the gospels. This of course is Joshua, Son of Nun. The book of Joshua was translated, again, by pious Jews, not pagans, in the 3rd century BC, some 300 years before the crucifixion, and again, its protagonist is named Iesous. This explains why Joshua’s name is spelled Iesous in the Greek New Testament (Acts 7:45; Heb 4:8), and rendered “Jesus” in the King James of those two verses.

https://openoureyeslord.com/2016/06/14/yeshua-iesous-jesus-some-other-form-whos-right/

In other words, Hebrews were translating their writings into Greek long before Philip or any of the apostles were born.

Here is an example of a greek speaker surprised that Paul, a Hebrew, could speak his language. But Paul was a Roman citizen and had a European education.

Acts 21:37
And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?

It would make sense that missionaries going into Africa would use Greek for communication. Your quote from Haile Selassie I assumes that he, or whoever educated him in Christianity, had perfect knowledge of the history of exactly how Christianity was taught to them, such that no one made any assumptions.

However, if you can trace DOCTRINE which did not exist among the Hebrews, back to EUROPE, then you cannot say Ethiopian Christianity didn't have a European source. Whoever you believe initially brought Christianity to Ethiopia, doesn't change the fact that it is a departure from Judaism in almost exactly the same vein as Catholicism.

Quote from Wikipedia on the subject of Greek vs Ge'ez:

The divine services of the Ethiopian Church are celebrated in the Ge'ez language. It has been the liturgical language of the church at least since the arrival of the Nine Saints (Pantelewon, Gerima (Isaac, or Yeshaq), Aftse, Guba, Alef, Yem’ata, Liqanos, and Sehma), who fled persecution by the Byzantine Emperor after the Council of Chalcedon (451).[citation needed] The Greek Septuagint was the version of the Old Testament originally translated into Ge'ez, but later revisions show clear evidence of the use of Hebrew, Syriac and Arabic sources. The first translation into a modern vernacular was done in the 19th century by a man who is usually known as Abu Rumi. Later, Haile Selassie sponsored Amharic translations of the Ge'ez Scriptures during his reign, one before World War II and one afterwards. Sermons today are usually delivered in the local language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church#:~:text=Ethiopian%20Orthodox%20believers%20are%20strict,Ethiopian%20Orthodox%20Christian's%20religious%20observance.

So again... Clearly, they were using Greek; a European language. The question is did they adopt other Greek ideas as well; including doctrine, holy days, etc.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 74

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I