Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7202&start_row=61

Is Selassie God?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/24/2019 9:24:54 PM

Nomad: "the fact that Selassie himself was a staunch Christian (we all know that) need I say more?"

Um... yes. Just because someone is a Christian doesn't mean you automatically know everything they believe. Let's talk about Catholicism.

Before Catholicism pretty much forced Christians to believe their doctrine there were at least 7 different views about the divinity of Jesus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism

"Nontrinitarian views differ widely on the nature of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Various nontrinitarian philosophies, such as adoptionism, monarchianism, and subordinationism existed prior to the establishment of the Trinity doctrine in AD 325, 381, and 431, at the Councils of Nicaea, Constantinople, and Ephesus.[7] Nontrinitarianism was later renewed by Cathars in the 11th through 13th centuries, in the Unitarian movement during the Protestant Reformation, in the Age of Enlightenment of the 18th century, and in some groups arising during the Second Great Awakening of the 19th century.

The doctrine of the Trinity, as held in mainstream Christianity, is not present in the other major Abrahamic religions."

but Catholicism ("universal") came along and dictated what they would later believe and anyone who didn't agree was a heretic. And you KNOW what they did about heretics in the Dark Ages.

https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-divinity-of-christ

It was at the Council of Nicaea that they introduced their creed saying:

“We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through him all things were made” (Creed of Nicaea [A.D. 325]).

Why was this? It was because there was a large following who didn't agree and the catholic church wanted power over all Christians. Jewish people were persecuted based on their rejection of the Trinity. And since Jesus was a Jew he would have likely been killed by Christians if he was around at that point.

But let's go further since we're talking about Selassie as a Christian. Because there was a major group that wasn't part of Catholicism and therefore was never "protestant" (lest we forget that people protested the catholic church and as a result there are thousands of denominations of Christianity so how on earth can you assume to know the beliefs of a person just because they identify as Christian?).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church

"Tewahedo (Ge'ez ተ;ዋ;ሕ;ዶ;) is a Ge'ez word meaning "being made one". This word refers to the Oriental Orthodox belief in the one perfectly unified nature of Christ; i.e., a complete union of the divine and human natures into one nature is self-evident in order to accomplish the divine salvation of humankind, as opposed to the "two natures of Christ" belief commonly held by the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran and most Protestant churches. "

Haile Selassie reformed the Ethiopian church in a way that Jesus failed to do with his religion, Judaism. The Jews kept Jesus from being "the messiah" because messiah was the title of Israelite kings. Kings were anointed with oil. So we call Jesus "Christ" but the truth is he never made it to the throne, unlike Haile Selassie. Because Jesus never had that power he was treated like a mythical king in exile and his teachings didn't become mainstream or orthodox Judaism which is why Christianity became a thing in the first place.

The fact that Haile Selassie was a Christian tells us that he respected Yeshua/Jesus as a teacher and followed in his footsteps. However, it really doesn't tell us what he believed exactly, except we know he said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie#Selassie's_position

HIM: I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity.[

Former senator and Gleaner editor, Hector Wynter, tells of asking him, during his visit to Jamaica in 1966, when he was going to tell Rastafari he was not God. "Who am I to disturb their belief?" replied the emperor.

After his return to Ethiopia, he dispatched Archbishop Abuna Yesehaq Mandefro to the Caribbean to help draw Rastafari and other West Indians to the Ethiopian church and, according to some sources, denied his divinity.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/25/2019 7:57:37 AM

Color blind = to display racism white supremacy and then claim ignorance to any racial injustice.. Yep.

I agree with XP

I not blind to I arm leg leg arm head so why would I be blind to I identity

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/25/2019 8:05:19 AM

Selassie I is Allah

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 10/25/2019 6:42:11 PM

The statement "Is HIM Haile Selassie I God?" is a question that only Revelation will answer satisfuly, and the Revelation of Jah Saviour is the Irit of Prophecy.
And even if I am God, I sure wouldn't tell anybody and especially not the masses who would surely vex I, until I Mission Is Accomplished! (Hare Krishna)

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 10/29/2019 2:27:17 PM

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Give thanks to JAH.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/6/2019 9:02:43 AM

Thank goodness I don't have to wonder!
I know He is forIver!
JAH RastafarI!

Messenger: Rakamau Na Ras Sent: 11/7/2019 12:23:42 AM

Is Selassie God?

He's The Most High!

No one can't go higher than him.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/7/2019 12:44:57 PM

Some try and dis Haile Selassie I...
Get your facts straight and come again

Messenger: Shamayim Gihon Sent: 11/21/2019 7:21:10 AM

The Spirit of Prophecy walks with Rastafari. That you cut through vain imaginings and see recent history for what it is, in accordance with Prophecy

Isaiah 9 King James Version (KJV)

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Typical Christians say this refers to Jesus. However, Jesus himself did not inherit the responsibility of a government as a King. He also denied being the Prince of Peace, as he said some will say he came to bring peace, but he did not. He came to bring a sword.

It was Haile Selassie the First that spoke for peace as the basis of most of his speeches. It was Haile Selassie the First that inherited the government upon his shoulders. It is Haile Selassie the First called "The Everlastimg Father and Mighty God" by his faithful.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Upon the THRONE of David. So for this prophecy to be complete a Prince of Peace must inherit the responsibility of government and be established on the Throne of David. This is referring to the Solomonic Dynasty of which Haile Selassie the First is the last King of Kings. That is the unbroken continuation of Davidic lineage. Not imaginings of a man coming out of the sky.

Jesus also said the Queen of the South (Sheba/Ethiopia) shall rise up in judgment, as in the example of the Kebra Negast and the Ark of the Covenant of the Eloheim of Israel moving from Judah to Ethiopia. The Solomonic Dynasty was established on this.

Matthew 12:42 King James Version (KJV)

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Jesus statement, "The Queen of the South shall rise up in judgment" legitimizes the upcoming prophetic role of Ethiopia in the first and second Italio-Abyssinian wars, which are also in the book of Daniel 11+12 and Revelations 12+17.

Revelation 5:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Revelation 17:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Haile Selassie the First is the last man on Earth to hold the literal heraldic titles of King of Kings(Negust-Negast), Lord of Lords(Lual-Ras), and Moa Ambessa, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah. This is the reality. There is no man coming out of the sky to fulfill these works as they already have been fulfilled by Haile Selassie the First. Seeking for this outside of Ras Teferi is vain imaginings of the nations.

And we haven't even gotten to the astrology behind his birth and how July 23 is the Rising of Sirius. An important star in both indigenous and Abrahamic traditions.

Now I will leave you with a passage on the downfall of Mussolini after his North and East African campaign in WWII.

Daniel 11

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Be still and know the Spirit of Prophecy rest with Rastafari. Rastafari does not convert, but if you challenge and try to convert, we will show ourselves approved by works. What fruit have you bared greater than the King of Kings? You come to challenge the children of Haile Selassie the First because it bothers you that you can't quite pin down the Spirit which moves the faithful, bringing your own faith into question. This is the wrong forum to try and convert people to your philosophy. Have a blessed day.

Messenger: Shamayim Gihon Sent: 11/21/2019 8:20:06 AM

As the late prophet Benjamin Vaughn sung, the melody of they argue with your rhythm. That's your internal human bio rhythm. Is honoring the King of Kings. And that shining star shining inadvertently revealing their religions. Even in our symbolism that same star related.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I