Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7171&start_row=1

poverty or ancestors?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/17/2019 6:28:13 AM

This is a belief around here,whether Christian or not,many say ancestors are responsible for many hardships we face in life.
Christian prophets would tell you of the wrongs done by your ancestors years back that affect our spiritual well being.
They may tell you dat your ancestor didnt pay bride price so the ancestors from where he married are not happy.

My question is that,are the ancestors the cause or its poverty dat makes people face certain hardships?or its just a belief.

Messenger: Aida R. Pate Sent: 7/6/2019 6:34:02 AM

Thanks for sharing valuable 99papers review
Information, I really very impressive on your blog. I hope you continue on blogging job.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/9/2019 3:25:45 PM

Ezekiel 18
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

The reason people believe in generational curses is because of what looks like a contradiction in the law.

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

But, the problem is that the context is about idolatry and the same way believers almost certainly teach their children to follow the same belief in YHWH, you also have the same tendency for idol worship. And so the actual sin keeps going on generation after generation. But each generation can be punished for their own idolatry. If we look at it this way then there is no conflict; which means that wrongs done by your ancestors have nothing to do with you unless those same wrongs were taught to you and you do them.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/10/2019 8:33:23 AM

For i the effects are more in physiology

Messenger: janer04 Sent: 12/23/2021 5:06:51 AM

Sometimes it worked for hiring a writer but not most of the time I would say. Learning from ;minutefob ;gave me more info.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/27/2021 8:41:15 PM

Many negative symptoms stemming from poverty, whether financial, mental, physical, or spiritual are caused by habitual factors more than the ailments are caused by hereditary.

It is habitual for a generation to carry on unhealthy lifestyles traits of their next elder generation(s) preceding them in experience.
One and wons way of living can either activate or deactivate DNA Genes, to be expressed or suppressed. We are extremely adaptable to all possibilities of environments, including that inner-environment, the invironment.

Our state of mind must be redeemed. Our heart tuned into the way of love, the truth, what really matters in life, lived and carried on in our DNA.
What must be preserved, what must be let go of in our inheritance of humanity?

ZION I

Messenger: ealdrinsu146 Sent: 6/25/2023 7:53:51 PM

Your question is a deeply intriguing one, evoking a mix of cultural, spiritual, and economic considerations. Ancestors, in many societies, are perceived as influential in shaping our lives. Whether it's a Christian prophet attributing certain hardships to past wrongs or local traditions attributing struggles to displeased ancestors, these beliefs are deeply rooted and significant to many. However, there's also a reasonable argument that economic circumstances like poverty play a profound role in our hardships. Poverty can indeed create or exacerbate many difficulties, from access to education and healthcare to daily stress levels. In a way, blaming ancestors may be a cultural way of making sense of the hardships poverty brings. Intertwining a totally different aspect here, imagine if a ;local seo agency ;were to face obstacles in its operations. Would it blame its founders (its "ancestors") or would it examine its business practices, industry trends, or economic conditions? Most likely, the latter. In business as in life, our past may shape us, but the present conditions often have a more direct impact on our challenges. Thus, while the influence of ancestors cannot be totally dismissed in certain cultures and beliefs, it's crucial to also consider the socio-economic factors that contribute to hardships in life.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I