Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7170&start_row=1

Important dates and people

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/6/2019 10:14:19 AM

Greetings + Love
If the I&I were creating a calendar, who/what events would be in it?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/7/2019 3:31:43 AM

It would firstly be a 13 month calender. Not Gregory and his calender

"7 days make a week and 4 weeks make a month
And if you can't fully calculate 4 7s you get 28
Mystery Babylon got my people slaving for 30 and 31
13 months make a year yet we work and only get paid for 12"
- Bushman - Never had it easy

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/7/2019 10:00:33 AM

Good question and good answer! I agree, give Gregory his calendar back. I’d love to see one highlighting important RasTafari holy days and Afrikan historical dates.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/9/2019 1:04:17 AM

Give thankhs Idren + Istren

Seen Garvey, not like the Ethiopian calendar though? 13 28 day months, not 12 30 day months plus a 5 day month?
The Earth Center has a 13 month calendar, it aligns with the Ethiopian calendar, but commemorates different dates (not the Tewahedo holidays)... it has 12 30 day months (3 strongs each month with 10 days each strong) and then a 5 day month. I don't know much about why that is. There has got to be a deep reason that I don't overstand.
Still, if a "month" refers to a "moon", then I can definitely see why each month would be 28 days.

RastaGoddess, which days specifically would the I highlight?

I am working on making a calendar that would fill all 365 days with important events, national independence days of all Caribbean and African countries, births of revelutionary leaders, or if that is not available then the date of their passing. Some birth dates included are of course HIM Haile Selassie I, Empress Menen I, Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Nat Turner, Patrice Lumumba, Assata Shakur, Ivan Van Sertima, Wangari Maathai, Winnie Madikizela, Steve Biko, Toussaint L'Ourveture plus many many more. Some events included are the formation of the OAU, formation of EABIC, independence days I mentioned before, Coronation Day, Breffu's revolt, plus more.. Definitely have a lot of dates filled already, but I would love some input and to make sure I am not missing anything. I see this project as an opportunity for myself to learn as I am creating it, and also later to be a framework for homeschooling and teaching (give children a person or event to focus on each day for their cultural or historical studies). Right now I am creating it using the gregorian calendar, but definitely in the future could convert it into the moon-based months or into the Ethiopia/Kemet template.

Thankhs + Love

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I