Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7169&start_row=1

Spiritual Journey

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JimmyP Sent: 5/27/2019 3:01:04 PM

Hello everyone, I am new here.

I was wondering how Rastafarians viewed bipolar disorder and psychosis. I want to smoke marijuana again, but I am afraid of experiencing a psychotic episode. I smoked marijuana 2 months again and had to be put on medication for mania and psychosis.

When I smoked marijuana, I was telepathic & psychic. Is this a sign? Should I quit marijuana? Should I just continue taking my medication and leave marijuana alone?

Based on my behavior 2 months ago, people who work in the hospital told me I could smoke marijuana as long as I take my medication.

I am also going to change my diet to a vegetarian diet, detox, and fast to get my body healthier.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/27/2019 6:11:39 PM

People who are pre disposed to disorders such as bipolar mania and/or psychosis can certainly have symptoms exacerbated by marijuana. Ganja is a psycho active substance and can act as a catalyst for said disorders. Based on the experience you described I would quit ganja for now. If the medication has you in as stable place dont stop it without consulting your psychiatrist.

I find it very hard to beleive that anyone working in a psychiatric unit would tell you it's okay to smoke as long as you take your meds. Adding multiple substances, in this case ganja and psych meds, to yur body is like playing mad scientist, you don't know what reaction you're going to have to that combination. You've been out for two months, keep things stable, maintain the freedoms you have. Think about yur goals and how to best achieve them.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/27/2019 10:43:47 PM

Psychiatric disorders represent an imbalance of chemical neurotransmitters in the brain. The drugs to treat depression or anxiety or psychosis affect the balance of these chemicals in the brain. So does ganja.

Chemical imbalance + drugs to treat this + recreational psychoactive drugs = MORE IMBALANCE

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/28/2019 3:58:58 AM

Greetings Idren
Great answers from SonofMan and Garveys Africa.
Don't mix, stay on your meds until you can successfully wean off of them without experiencing psychosis again.
And even after that, if you are afraid of experiencing an episode, then you definitely will experience that when smoking ganja. Because ganja brings your fears into existence, if you have them.. that is what paranoia is.
Best wishes

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 9/18/2019 7:34:21 PM

Its a good book written on this topic that could be found through IRudder.com before.

Linked from this page.

Gonna see if I can find it.

Bless.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/19/2019 3:10:39 PM

Marijuana helps reveal what's happening in the subconscious. People say ganja gives them anxiety when in fact its uncovering and bringing up ones own subconscious fears.

When we become concious of these hidden thoughts. Feelings. Vibrations...then we can transform the energy raising our vibrations

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I