Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7165&start_row=1

Rastafari and black liberation

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/17/2019 1:41:10 PM

I haven't been posting quite a while now but am still happy Jah souljahs like GA,Rastagoddess still keep the fire burning,not to forget voodoouruttz and blackheart.

I see there is a confusion when non black people are labelled rasta jus because they got locks n eat Ital and believe HIM to God/Jesus etc.One thing we must know is the growing of locks transcend racial boundary,anyone can grow locks n alter their diet... dats a universal consciousness.But now when it comes to Rastafari,its much more than these two i.e dreadlocks n ital food,we cant ignore the spirit of resistance,the fight for freedom.Because they are certain people i found rasta in soirit and works yet not dread nor Ital...real garveyites and i neva separated them from rastafari.

White people should know its not about believing in HIM dat make one rastafari...but the connection of black people history with the ithiopian throne,thus reshaping our consciousness from colonial shackle.

I know of certain africentric christian church here in Zimbabwe,they dont allow white peoole on their grounds,they worship black jesus n say its the white man kill jesus.They also dont encourage black to black stealing...but black to white lol because whiteman stole much from us.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 5/18/2019 4:11:36 AM

To be RastafarI has only to do with knowing H.I.M. as the Most High, from within. To have that revealed and to seek to follow the Teachings of H.I.M. is to be RastafarI.

"I would say that, at the Conference of Heads of Africans states, that was held last May in the capital city of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa before the signing of the Charter, I have told, in the speech I have made to the distinguished heads of state, that people who were formerly under colonialist regime, and who have suffered a great deal, must have the girth, strength of wanting to collaborate with their former masters for otherwise through vengeance and remorse, co-existence would not be possible and this would be detrimental to the preservation of international peace. I must say that black and white, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever, colour, race, creed or national origin they may be." – Haile Selassie I, May 1963

You can try to superimpose a bunch of racist overtones onto RastafarI based upon historical abuses, and what generic color classification one group's or another's skin happened to be (e.g., white on black violence, black on white violence, white on white, black on black, etc.) but none of this (except rejecting prejudice) is relevant to following the Teachings of His Majesty Haile Selassie I, knowing JAH Love, or being RastafarI.

It's not a skin color or race that we struggle against, but a wicked mentality that can come in any skin color and victimizes people of every color.

JAH TRUTH

The only "supremacy" is People Supremacy. Our power to defeat Babylon mentality comes with our united strength; hence it is clear that those who seek to divide RastafarI along any lines are doing the bidding of Babylon from within our ranks.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/18/2019 4:25:40 AM

HIM was fighting for the rights of black people,him took up arms against white people.HIM formed the OAU in order to free black people from whiteman oppression.Same is Garvey...Malcolm X...Mau Mau etc.

Its an insult to come in a black movement and try change things You can grow locks eat greens smoke herb n listen to reggae but white people are not qualified as Rasta.

When black people reason about their glorious past and how white enslaved them,what would be white people talking of?hanging black people on trees?

In our own cultural traditions from where i come from,white people aint allowed.

You better clear the karma.

His Majesty is not jesus to believe in.HIM is a symbol of Black pride,being white and Rasta is the greatest self-contradiction i have ever seen

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 5/18/2019 5:12:06 AM

Haile Selassie articulated His clear vision for how people needed to change their mentality in order for the world to ever achieve “the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality”, and, importantly, for the African continent to finally know peace. Among the ways people’s mentality needed to change, H.I.M. identified & instructed:

• the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes
• the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
• there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation

His Majesty was a strong proponent of lasting peace in the world and spoke of it frequently in hopes that it would be attained. According to His Majesty, clinging to ideologies rooted in racial prejudice/racism would prevent peace from emerging and becoming the lasting order across Africa and the world. Whether embracing the ideology of "Black supremacy" or "White supremacy", the supremacist makes the choice to regard an genetically insignificant but unchangeable physical human characteristic (the shade of a person’s skin) as far more significant “than the color of his eyes”.

That His Majesty JAH RastafarI refused to countenance racism and racial discrimination in any form, or provocative actions/speech that would serve to foment racial tensions, is abundantly evident from His Teachings. In effect, H.I.M. declared over a half century ago, to those who heard and respected H.I.M., an end to the mentality of “black versus white”.

“We reaffirm today, in the name of principle and right, our opposition to prejudice, WHEREVER AND IN WHATEVER FORM IT MAY BE FOUND, and particularly do we rededicate ourselves to the eradication of racial discrimination from this continent. We can never rest content with our achievements so long as men, in any part of Africa, assert on racial grounds their superiority over the least of our brothers. Racial discrimination constitutes a negation of the spiritual and psychological equality which we have fought to achieve and a denial of the personality and dignity which we have struggled to establish for ourselves as Africans.” – Haile Selassie I, May 1963

Racism, clannishness, tribalism, black nationalism-- these mentalities clearly find no quarter among the moral values of H.I.M. who sought to emulate Christ in His Own Life.

“When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by Him." – Haile Selassie I

Haile Selassie I repudiated the kind of racial discrimination and separatism you advocate, Zion Mountain. You can display the His Majesty's Holy Name like a cheap banner and carry it in front of you like one of Babylon's brand name (e.g., “RastafarI™” ), but you are openly expressing contempt and disdain for the moral values and Teachings of His Majesty.

We must heed His Majesty's injunctions and stop letting Babylon’s divisive racial labels (i.e., “black and white”) dominate the discourse.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 5/18/2019 10:17:45 AM

Stolen Legacy, by George G. M. James, [1954], read the full text etext at sacred-texts.com.
Truth, Justice and Restoration goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in History and Heritage

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/18/2019 11:56:35 AM

Cant argue or reason with Nesta, hes an agent here to disrupt and mislead away from traditional foundational rastafari principles such as black redemption and black ipremacy itself.

Blessed love as always ZionMountain

This site needs Ark I to clean up the paigan dem

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 5/18/2019 1:22:19 PM

I&i stand along with H.I.M. for redemption of ALL downpressed people everywhere "whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be." That is INCLUSIVE OF ALL SUBSETS of Imanity including those who are described by using the colour labels that H.I.M. Ras TafarI has expressly rejected.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 5/18/2019 5:07:56 PM

According to His Majesty, clinging to ideologies rooted in racial prejudice/racism would prevent peace from emerging and becoming the lasting order across Africa and the world.
Racism, clannishness, tribalism, black nationalism-- these mentalities clearly find no quarter among the moral values of H.I.M.
Truth.
Then, without proper protocol, no Family will live in true peace.
True; RasTafarI Is for All People, Every 1 has a role in It.
Now, Identity and the Right of The First Born, has been distorted by The Usurper. Therefore, Black Supemacy Is a good cause of Truth, Justice and Reconciliation.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 5/18/2019 5:24:54 PM

Yes I, Black Supremacy Is the good cause for Truth, Justice and Reconciliation.
George G. M. James is a martyr for this cause,
and I and I a champion.
1 LOVE!

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 5/19/2019 12:09:00 AM

“Black supremacy” may not be a racist doctrine in the minds of those whose espouse it, but by using this terminology we're using a term that 98% of the world HEARS as racist, so we know very well the visceral response that we are invoking by using it and cannot naively claim that we’re unaware that we are fomenting racial strife. The overwhelming majority of people who hear a term like "black supremacy" hear it as the same doctrine as white supremacy except with the color reversed. They also conceptualize racial "supremacy” as signifying a notion of one race being superior over others. Fanning the flames of racism is racism which His Majesty Haile Selassie I condemned in no uncertain terms. I have suggested that people who want to avoid inciting racial strife choose to scrap misleading terminology like "black supremacy' (which incorporates the colour form of speech condemned by H.I.M.) and use a new, clearer terminology.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I