Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7161&start_row=1

RENT A RASTA

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/7/2019 7:38:14 AM

RENT a RASTA deals directly with Babylon's down-pressing of Jamaican people and Rastafarians in particular. When white women flock to Jamaica for a little fun in the sun, they are looking for RandR often not rest and relaxation, but to rent a Rasta according to director J. Michael Seyfert. His revelatory exhibition ‘of the same name sheds light on a barely acknowledged form of sex tourism, namely, white women who visit the Caribbean islands to get your groove back with the help of black locals. The documentary says that every year, up to 80,000 females from a variety of relatively wealthy Western nations descend on Jamaica alone.

http://www.documentarytube.com/videos/rent-a-rasta

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2019 12:34:11 PM

I watched this video 10 year ago and it cracked me up differently 😅;😅;😅;

Babylon problems lol

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/8/2019 2:24:33 AM

Greetings and Love Queen and King
I had watched that Rent a Rasta video a while back, also. There's a Jamaican movie that reminded me of it, as well, the movie Lunatic. It's explicit so watch with caution, if at all. The talking trees are pretty funny, though.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2019 3:49:46 AM

Anybody see Hotel Orange?

😅;😅;😅;

Another rent a rasta but an old movie not a documentary

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/8/2019 8:05:50 AM

I’ve not seen Hotel Orange, but will try to find it.

The video addresses an important reality, though I wish they hadn’t flipped the term “rent-a-dread” because INI know that RASTA can never be for rent.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/8/2019 8:26:33 AM

Definitely, the term Rent A Dread is much more fitting. That was my initial thought also, that this is not Livity of Rasta, and it shouldnt be represented as such.. and even in the first few minutes of the video, the narrator subtly makes the distinction also, saying "who sport Rastafarian-style dreadlocks"...

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I