Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=716&start_row=1

Pigs in Milk

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/21/2005 7:38:15 PM

If you drink milk in America, you're eating pigs!

"Have you seen the little piggies, crawling in the dirt? And for all the little piggies, life is getting worse." (George Harrison, The Beatles. 1968)

Observant Jews, Muslims, and vegetarians eat no pig, or so they believe. The information in this column is going to provide one very sad surprise for those who drink milk.

At one time, Vitamin D-2 was added to milk. Vitamin D-2 is manufactured by exposing bacteria and algae to ultra-violet light. D-2 imparted a bitter taste to dairy products, and so was replaced by vitamin D-3. The source of Vitamin D-3 may now leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

I recently attempted to learn the source of Vitamin D-3 by calling dairy processors. I called the United States Department of Agriculture. I called my own New Jersey State Department of Agriculture. I called dairy industry professors and editors of dairy magazines.

Not one individual could give me the answer.

Finally, I learned about an industry conference called the Vitamin D workshop. Anthony Norman Norman@ucrac1.ucr.edu responded to my inquiry:

"Basically D-3 always is derived from an animal. The sunlight reaction that converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to vitamin D-3 is a 'pure' chemical reaction that occurs in your skin in certain cells."

Do they extract D-3 from human skin and add that substance to milk? Certainly not. Marian Herbert of the Vitamin D Workshop, a division of the biochemistry department at the University of California, wrote:

"The provitamin known as 7-dehydrocholesterol is extracted and isolated from the skins of mammals and purified."

I have subsequently learned that Vitamin D-3 can come from four different sources:

Pig skin, sheep skin, raw fish liver, and pig brains. Most of the time, Vitamin D-3 is extracted from pig skin and sold to dairy processors.

Folks...Those who keep Kosher do so by observing the dietary laws set down in the Bible. In EXODUS 23:19 we read:

"You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk."

Dairy and meat do not mix. That is a taboo in the homes of many Americans.

Today you learn that this biblical and social "abomination" is routinely disrespected by 21st century milk producers.

If you drink milk, you consume extracts from animals.

In kindergarten and first grade, children learn that Vitamin D is the "Sunshine Vitamin." We soon forget our lessons, and subordinate our knowledge to dairy industry brainwashing. Some secrets are well kept.

The Vitamin D-3 secret can now be told.

This is some serious business for InI as vegetarians, whom some of us may drink milk, I do not but for those who do this is for you.

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 3/21/2005 7:48:32 PM

InI wonder if organic milk is fortified with vitamin D from a pig? My queen and I usually drink skim or 1% organic milk....but if its fortified with pig parts....hmmmmm......DUNNO!!! ...I might be switching over to SOY MILK exclusively!

Really, no milk requires Vitamin D fortification! Just go out into the bright sunshine for 15-20 minutes every day and you get all the vitamin D you'll ever need!
One Love
Joseph I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/21/2005 7:54:54 PM

Read about soymilk

Messenger: carlhim Sent: 3/24/2005 11:54:49 AM

priceless information but not really gonna be a shock that the system tries to fuck us all over, what about other products???

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 3/31/2005 11:47:33 PM

Yes I

Always something put in our food to poison us.... Damn shame.

I notice, most things have ..questionable ingredients. Many things are made with gelatin... many comercially produced juices have grape added. Even vitamins, including the most pure organic kind, have grape added.

I doubt this is the case, but it would seem they are trying to sabotage anyone trying to live under the Nazerite vow.

I and I know, the only thing I can really trust, is food I grow -from supplies I gather... I know I am not as clean as I would like to be, regardless of how I try. And in USA it is getting harder and harder to stay pure. Funny how pure, natural foods (the way they would be if not tampered with at all) are the most expensive...

Rasta people, live up... do your best, and purify....

Maximum Love and Respect

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/1/2005 2:33:28 AM

Well the whole grape issue is a lot different then the meat issue. Grapes and vine food being labled as unediable because of this whole spiritually unclean thing is ridiculous. Because heres the facts that our dogmatic friends from thousands of years ago didn't know is that grapes are very high in certian medicinal properties as well as squash, pumpkin, green beans, corn and so forth. I think that we need to get rid of some of these old testament thoughts, because they really weren't based on much fact, not inspiration, information!

As far as milk, otherwise known as liquid meat, should be completley cut from our diet seeing how it doesn't give us the calcium and prtien that we thought, or had been told it did. I harldly think that these people are trying to mislead Nazarite's, a person can look on the label for things, which if a person is really that worried, they would be looking anyway.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/1/2005 7:26:31 AM

I give thanks. what give use what, they say mike does,as far as health go's.

onelove

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 4/1/2005 12:28:13 PM

Ras Zion,
Do you believe the Bible is the word of JAH?
If you do you cannot "get rid of some of these Old Testament thoughts" in favor of scientific evedence because it better suits you.
Where do you think these Old Testament thoughts came from?
Man or JAH?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/1/2005 12:53:41 PM

Blessed Osiris, the Bible is not the "Word of God" and yes unfortunatly these people were responding to the world in an emotional sense and unfortunatly it's not very accurate. And yes bredren we can get rid of these things as well as some other old testament ideas. I believe that the men who wrote the bible were heavily inspiried by their undying love for God , not so much by God Himself, or itself if you want. These men were in a time that craving for answers, so these men took a Semitic approach to the secrets of life, the secrets of afterlife, and so forth, but all done in a very semitic way. There are a million reasons why the Bible is not the direct word of God, but don't get the wrong idea bredren, I love the bible and I read it often, but I have learned to sperate myth from fact. I have looked at the myths and taken what it is that needs to be understood from them in there moral sense. I do not accpet the bible as the whole truth and nothing but the truth, because not everything that it has to say is accurate, and alot of what has been said in the Semitic languages have been eroniously mistranslated.

I think that people have lost grips a little bit with the whole science issue. But guess what, whether you call it evolution with monkeys and primordal soup, or you call it Adam and Eve, it still has to have a creator. Science does not belittle God, as a matter of fact to deny science would belittle God. everything that has been created on this earth has been hand selcted from the hand of His Majesty, and everything has a chemical structure, we are made up of atoms and so forth. I could go deep into this, but the main point is that God's science is perfect, and we can clearly see that everyday of our lives.

SCIENCE IS NOT THE ENEMY! Know the facts. Like I said these men were led by inspiration, not information.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 4/1/2005 1:28:27 PM

That is an interesting perpective.
On the issue of the Bible not being the word of God though, Unfontunately, I don't think very many Rasta's agree with you on this. Mistranslated, Yes. And I can see you point that many parts of the Bible should be put under heavy scrutiny because of that. But it's not just written by men "inspired" by God. But by Prophets writing under divine inspiration. This means God told them what to write.
Yes, this is a very traditional interpretation, but this is what I have gathered by the reasonings of Rastafari elders, of whom I respect the most in this movement. It is them who brought this faith to the knowledge of the people, which eventually spread to us.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I