Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=716&start_row=11

Pigs in Milk

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/1/2005 3:37:57 PM

I understand this bredren, but for instance. In the bible there is a law written that says that a man should not covet his neighbors wife. But whats funny is that there isn't any law prohibiting woman coveting husbands. I have talked with several biblical scholars about this, including my father, who has his masters in bible, and they reply, "Well you can't expect every single little detail to be in there." But yes I can expect that, because if these words are coming from the mouth of God, then I highly doubt that God is going to forget or leave out certain instructions, not only that but I also don't believe that God is only giving the law to men. But there a lot of things that I could talk about bredren. His Majesty said that
"unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation." Unless we can accpet it's great message bredren, which I do accpet, as well as the foundations of almost any other faith. But I do not own God, and nor do you, and nor does a book. None of these things contain the whole truth about the Lord of Creation.

And I am not concerned about what other Rasta's believe, because this here Order of Rastafari was to break free from this colonial thought, and it was to break the chains of religion which bound the spirits of mankind for thousands of years. I have no problems with the bibles great message, but there is a law that has been written in our hearts bredren that can;t be ignored.

Haile I

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 4/1/2005 4:16:21 PM

As to the first part of your message, I agree. One is free to interpret the Bible in the ways that one can understand best.
Whether or not I agree with you on certain topics does not matter as much as my acceptance of you and your beliefs. This in my mind can help to create oneness in a world torn by conflict over differences.

I have a dillemma. Every Ras I talk to has a different opinion on what is or isn't Rastafari practice or thought. Even though many of these Ras are intelligent free-thinkers, which is important, but I can't help but feel an overall lack of unity and organization.
Is Rastafari still a movement like it was when it began? An entire group of people united in oneness? Because it looks to me like it has divided into denominations and sub-sections and so fourth. Bobo shanti, Nyahbinghi, Twelve Tribes, E.O.C, even you said "this here order of Rastafari". What does that mean? Yet another denomination?
How can the bredren work togeher in unity when they can't even agree on the most basic principles?

-Orion

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/1/2005 4:41:27 PM

Just to answer this, we musn't confuse unity with uniformity, every man got a right to choose his destiny

Ras Zion I

Messenger: ijah Sent: 4/1/2005 5:12:42 PM

Blessed....

personal me no think that it is possible to have millions of man reading the same book,and also having the same interpretation of its great message....Well..one concept InI have in common,wether itta TTOI,or nyabinghy,E.O.C. or whatever Immunity,InI all want to work towards Zion.Become clean with Jah,pure of haert...and inI all want OneLove fe tek over the Earth.I use too tell people that we not only need this OneLove,but that we must have it along with Overstanding,ONE OVERSTANDING....for as i have seen,its is that what lacks.people can agree with eachother to certain points..
In ancient times the people usedd to grow up according to the rites and ceremonial happenings/teachings according the word of Jah, within that tribe.Nowadays in Babylon people are growing up inna deceitfulll environment,where theres no more room for ceremonial living,teachings and knowledge of the elders....this causes people to err,to not come to this One overstanding..way too less communication.

But ones cannot deny,that all these million a people,which each his own interpretation,try fe live a righteouss life according to the teachings from The Bible and their interpetation thereof.TEACHINGS REMAIN ONE AND THE SAME
Living it out...thats where the dividing starts...And it always have been like that in Istory too.You would have people whom standeth firm,always and foreyva...and there would have been people whom used to shuffle and dip to wherever them come.Bit of Jah,bit of this,bit of that..

Give Jah all the thx an praises
Selassie I RasTafari

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/3/2005 9:53:32 PM

Well put, ijah

Blessed Be

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/3/2005 9:59:53 PM

Personally, I try to avoid the grapes and grape products, because it is part of the vow I took. I know other Ras do not.

I do not trim my beard, nor do I eat meat... Some Ras do.

We each vow personally to Jah, and more important than the individual vows, it that we keep our vows. If I vow the Nazerite vow, I had better keep it. Some Rastamen do not, but that's fine. We each trod a path toward Zion, but each trod on our own. Some Ras "interpret" the Bible, I try to read it and be inspired.

Nuf thanks and respect for all the Idren who contribute wisdom

Praise to JAH

Bless

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I