Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7142&start_row=1

JAH CHILDREN is looking for a Director

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/7/2019 6:55:11 PM

Greetings Rastafari

I had posted a couple strongs ago about how JAH CHILDREN organization needed a web designer. We found that person, thankhs to this forum.

So now I am posting about our needs for another position to be filled, and that is the role of a Director on the Board of Directors.

A Board of Directors makes decisions for the organization, and in our case meets electronically to hold discussions and votes. We have 7 director positions and right now we are looking to fill one of them.

This is an excerpt from our Bylaws explaining the roles of a Director:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JAH Children
Board of Directors
Job Description

JAH Children is an organization that aims to serve vulnerable African children and to raise awareness worldwide about situations that impact them; to provide a secure and healthful home for orphaned or abandoned children; to bring them an organic and Afrocentric education centered on mathematical and scientific studies, African languages, African tribes and culture, African sports and physical training, wholistic wellbeing, universal history and astronomy, natural and sustainable agriculture, and multigenerational roles, rites, and rituals; to support their place within a thriving community through initiating apprenticeship programs, working with local volunteers, and inviting educational presentations from community members; to do so in the Name and Manifestation of His Imperial Majesty Qedamawi Haile Selassie and Her Royal Highness Wolette Georgis I, Ras Tafari.

As a member of the Board of Directors, a Director’s responsibilities will be as follows: to participate in board meetings via video chat, telephone, or e-mail on the first and third Saturday of every calendar month at 9 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, unless such day falls on a legal holiday, in which event the regular meeting shall be held at the same hour and place on the next business day, totaling approximately two hours per month; to discuss, hear, and consider different options, and subsequently make votes on organization actions and policies; to hold the interests of the children we serve first in all decisions made pertaining to the organization; to serve on such Board of Directors for a period of twelve months, a position which has the possibility but not the obligation of reinstatement each year.

The rewards of serving as a Director are the ability to serve and make a difference in the lives of vulnerable African children; the partnership with individuals who have a purpose to see positive change in the world; and added resume experience as a Director with a legally formed non-profit corporation. Directors do not receive financial or material compensation.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyone interested in joining our Board of Directors, please send us an email at jahchildrennpo@gmail.com

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/9/2019 8:32:07 PM

Brother can you put that on Lehman Terms?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/10/2019 12:54:17 AM

Greetings Chalice

I am a Sister. Just to make that clear.

The description is pretty simple if you read through it carefully.

A Board of Directors makes decisions for the organization,
and in our case meets electronically to hold discussions and votes.
We have 7 director positions and
right now we are looking to fill one of them.

(We don't meet in person, we meet online) (7 slots total, we are looking for 1).

As a member of the Board of Directors, a Director’s responsibilities will be:

to participate in board meetings via video chat, telephone, or e-mail
(right now we use an app called GroupMe)
on the first and third Saturday of every calendar month at 9 a.m. Pacific Standard Time... totaling approximately two hours per month
(two meetings every month)(each meeting lasts one hour);
to discuss, hear, and consider different options,
and subsequently
(after discussion) make votes on organization actions and policies;
to hold the interests of the children we serve first in all decisions made pertaining to the organization;
(always vote with best interests of the children in mind)
to serve on such Board of Directors for a period of twelve months, a position which has the possibility but not the obligation of reinstatement each year..
(it is a one year committment which you can decide to continue or not continue at the end of that year).

Hopefully that is clear enough.
Anyone who has specific questions is welcome to email us.

Selah

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/10/2019 4:51:32 PM

i'm willing to serve as a human being. I know Rasta for long time...i put forward i name.

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/10/2019 4:52:37 PM

and sorry "sister" ;p

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/10/2019 4:52:38 PM

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/11/2019 1:50:34 AM

Chalice,
If you send an email to the address above, we will talk about it further.
Selah

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/28/2023 7:28:50 PM

Chalice the I never did reach out to us by email, so we never took further steps.

If anyone is interested do email us at jahchildrennpo@gmail.com

The organization has a new CEO, Iwomban as the founder had to step down due to my own health taking more of my focus and being unable to lead the team. But the new CEO is looking for directors and I know he would be happy to speak with anyone interested.

Give thankhs, this organization Itinues to strive toward the upliftment and empowerment of Afrikan children. Please do get involved if serious and willing to put time and energy toward that cause.

One perfect love, always

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I