Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7138&start_row=1

IS GARVEYS AFRICA A CLOSET >

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/2/2019 3:49:35 AM

Closet Nuttn

Guweh with unuh fishy talk

I man open BLACK magic Obeah Voodoo Rastafari. Welcoming a panAfrican spiritual respect.

No apology

Obeah better than Christ to I Ras

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/2/2019 3:52:06 AM

And he didnt ram christianity down the throats of Ethiopians who were largely none christian.

Chalice

You nuh fe worry about how I trod and how sight His Majesty. Come off of me nuh worry or think about I. You dont agree with none bible Rastafari... Ok cool. What now? We still de ya

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/2/2019 4:05:39 AM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/2/2019 5:11:29 AM

Cool Chalice, I&i love that Psalm 87. Reminds us of His Dominance & where we dwelleth I-ternally with H.I.M.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/3/2019 1:40:54 AM

INI are ROOTS men and women in the Ancient Afrikan tradition of our elders, Ital scientists. Ancient healers in harmony with the Creative Forces. We look to nature/creation for our healing.

If that defines one as “obeah man”....then we are PROUDLY so. Without apologies!

In the words of Mutabaruka:

“Suh wi afi free Afrika
Even if wi use likkle obeah
An' if de obeah won't do
Wi mit afi use likkle voodoo”

GASP!!!! Run get your bible!

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/3/2019 3:45:58 AM

"Ancient healers in harmony with the Creative Forces. We look to nature/creation for our healing. "-- Yes

My Western doctor (who delivered me and was my primary physician into my 20s) said to me, as I was dying from an unknown virus: "Doctors can't heal you. Your body has to heal itself. If we are fortunate we can help encourage that process along, but your own body has to do the healing."

That's a Truth that stood me in good stead throughout my life. Obviously I survived that unknown virus that reduced me from 160 to 80 pounds. But not because of Western medicine (which was powerless against it); because of JAH will and His Gift of Life.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/3/2019 6:42:05 AM

What about surgical emergencies
But exceptions are usually always present
Give thanks

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/3/2019 8:42:47 AM

Even with surgery, the surgeon still doesn't heal you; he/she performs a procedure that promotes healing. The body still has to take over after that and do all the heavy lifting to heal itself (i.e., the best surgical intervention on earth will produce no healing effect unless the patient's body is amenable).

Peace

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/3/2019 9:10:44 AM

P.S. Relevantly, my family doctor (who make the foregoing observation about only the body being able to heal itself) was the Chief of Surgery at Los Angeles County [California] Harbor General Hospital (now UCLA-Harbor Medical Center) for a couple of decades. He was saying that even with surgical intervention, the body must heal itself. Toward the last half of his career he'd evolved to being almost a full blown naturopath even though it was not "fashionable" in the USA back in those days to apply such an approach to medical treatment.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/3/2019 2:22:20 PM

call pon jah only heathen dwell in shoa these times. Seen. Too much vodoo hail the reai crise em marshall job knw sight. Work work the night shift. Profit ago rox seen bless up all religion n burn unu satan pon ground. Money af fi make. Work for the realist. Haile selassie. I you see.
Burningbush could you hail him real never hail. Righteousness nor wickedness. Only love addis. Addis is hem god. Jah say big up liberty spuare n hail north side.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I