Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7124&start_row=1

Never Baptized so not Christian

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 3/20/2019 3:43:08 AM

I was never baptized, for which my Grandfather always said I would burn in hell.

I have never read the Bible but here plenty talk of it.

But I have seen media of all sides appropriate the discourse for negative profits of Babylon.

Witness the fool Tony Blair go so crazy that he think God is telling him to invade Iraq, who start this? Rasta? Babylon must come down? Yet they say it in the Bible. So I never read it.

The "greek" word for the discourse is the logos.

My teacher told me "Christ is the logos".

But who is Christ?

Haile Selassi I

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 3/20/2019 3:57:00 AM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/20/2019 4:19:38 AM

Geez Che,
According to Christian doctrine all you need to do receive salvation is to believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Baptism is not mandatory for salvation.

I personally rejected the foregoing as a teen because the notion of hell and eternal burning pain pertains to our bodily existence (in our carbon shells) and can't be extended into our spiritual realm beyond the flesh. I also rejected this a long time ago because it was clear to me that no Parent (i.e., JAH) would allow any of His children to suffer such a fate. I think hell is just a human-invented, coercive marketing tool (a la mafia-style arm-twisting) to recruit more revenue suppliers into the church.

In my opinion, the Bible has been compromised over the centuries and contains some false information. The Bible also contains an abundance of Wisdom. To differentiate that which is false from that which is Truth and Wisdom, one must bring a Good and True heart to their study of the Bible and avoid people who offer to "interpret" it for them (e.g., preachers).

Any doctrine, no matter how Good and Righteous can be perverted and put to evil use (e.g., witness some of the promotion of evil that has been put forth in the Name of RastafarI, which I personally regard as the ultimate Righteous path and lifestyle). An impeccably Righteous doctrine cannot be completely shielded from those who would use and abuse it. Again, the key to avoiding charlatans and nefarious misinterpretations is to bring a Good and True heart to your faith and trod, and to always keep the brain turned on. Evil is apparent if you do these things unless one's moral compass has been severely corrupted & one has been blinded by the likes of worldly greed, hatred, resentment, or abuse. If this latter is the case, then only JAH's Love and Compassion can open the blinded person's I's and restore the vision to discern Good from Evil.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" - Matthew 7:7-8

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/21/2019 6:24:40 AM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/20/2019 4:19:38 AM

Geez Che,
According to Christian doctrine all you need to do receive salvation is to believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Baptism is not mandatory for salvation.

This isnt true. Only for some Christian sects and believers such as the Bible ites of this website. HAILE SELASSIE said when reasoning his professed Christianity...

"i am aware that ours is not the only valid path"

The belief that any one paradigm is the ONLY way for salvation has caused much war and destruction over the earth since the beginning of time and has no parts of this trod

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 3/21/2019 6:26:50 AM

Do not believe in science they was controlling mankind this whole time. Don't even believe in me. Know what your heart is saying.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I