Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7121&start_row=11

No More Burning

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/18/2019 10:35:52 AM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/18/2019 10:38:07 AM

So Rasmi posts this beautiful conciliatory reasoning and it begets hostility? It closes with "I love you all" and the reaction to it is negative? What's wrong with you my brother and sister? Rasmi's no white supremacist nor am I. There are none here in this thread. Tilting at windmills? Or just so angry that lashing out randomly will do?

You quote Haile Selassie so surely you know that He would not condone such angry hateDread. Or do you not know that?

Perverting His Majesty's teachings into a call for war is wrong. He tells us that we must be exemplary - that we must make sure that we comport ourselves according to the virtues he has enumerated (leading by example as He exhorted us to). Once we are serving as examples then we FIGHT all forms of racism, bigotry, racial superiority, prejudice , malicious and inhuman self-interest, and anything else His Majesty informed us stands in the way of lasting peace, world citizenship and the rule of international morality. I would include poverty on the list of Babylon machinations we fight against.

By "fight" His Majesty never suggested mimicking the mentality of our oppressors; that much He made abundantly clear:

"We must live in peace with our former colonisers, shunning recrimination and bitterness and forswearing the luxury of vengeance and retaliation, lest the acid of hatred erode our souls and poison our hearts. LET US ACT AS BEFITS THE DIGNITY WHICH WE CLAIM FOR OURSELVES AS AFRICANS, proud of our own special qualities, distinctions, and abilities. Our efforts as free men must be to establish new relationships, devoid of any resentment and hostility, restored to our belief and faith in ourselves as individuals, dealing on a basis of equality with other equally free peoples." -- Haile Selassie I

I do not know how the mentality of fomenting racial strife has become fashionable again among a new generation, but I do know who is behind it. The susceptibility/vulnerability of a younger generation to see this as "cool" or taking a noble stand of some kind has to come, in part, from the absence of the firsthand experience of living through the type of openly nauseating racism that existed 50 or 60 years ago. Anyone having experienced that would see that playing with racial supremacist notions as part of "identity" is akin to drinking poison (why do you think our Father Ras TafarI who Loves us so much admonished us to eliminate it from society and our own souls?). Replicating racist practices of the past works against everything Haile Selassie sought to achieve. War was NOT His goal. He merely stated that he was willing to fight (as in using violence) if there was no other way. Well, many other ways exist presently so to be pushing war -- particularly here in the sanctuary of this forum where no Babylon enemy is present -- is simply to be saying prayers to the devil.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 3/18/2019 10:49:03 AM

There are three four types of fighting spiritual, commercial, sexual and liberational.

Spiritual fighting, or Jihad, or T'ai Ji, is the process of polishing one's heart through the engagement of reflection to refine the self and others.

Commercial fighting is competition of supply and demand.

Sexual fighting is competition for supremacy.

And liberational fighting, or Gong Fu, is the breaking of chains.

These utterances are not universal, not meant to be taken as an absolute system, but an attempt to categorise how I see the current debate.

It seems to me that if the purpose is Jihad, then the idea of Black being used as a reflection needs to be polished away, humanity is all manner of shades, and Black will not do for a universal reflection, one cannot reflect a shade that is neither Black nor White in this way, so one needs to refine one's message.

If the purpose is commercial then are those who site Black really saying they have nothing worth selling except the colour of their skin? That is a slaves mentality.

If the purpose is sexual then using the word Black is an acknowledgement of aesthetics, and not enough to prove supremacy.

If the purpose is liberational then use of the word Black distinguishes one's struggle from others and could be justified.

Thank you.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/18/2019 12:24:58 PM

Beautiful RastaGoddess

Another post for my quotable archive.

And yet the mumblings and ramblings of these people continue despite InI making it clear we in no way shape or form wish to debate this. There is no reasoning. And without a ANY apology or hatred InI say the FIGHT for BLACK REDEMPTION against white supremacy is at the HEART, CORNERSTONE of this trod. Many ways to fight not all physical, many ways to seek black redemption and many ways to ivercome white supremacy.

But there is no moving from that point.

You either accept it and move accordingly
Or move weh and guweh from InI unuh Rasta different from I know Rasta and we nuh have nuttn to say other than Haile Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/18/2019 12:30:48 PM

Pacifist Jesus A-racial people who say Haile Selassie over 1 side dehso

Black redemption and liberation from the many effects of white supremacy I dem who say Haile Selassie rally round over dis side yaso

Give thanks InI all say Haile Selassie.
72 nations and then all nations shall bow before the Black Messiah

Aside from that...

We nuh too have nuttn to reason on nuttn to share nuttn to nuttn from InI trod impletely different

Some a we stick to foundation

Some a unuh evolve or devolve the ting into suppm different

Done it done

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 3/18/2019 3:03:15 PM

Posting it again.
Ites @ Garvey Africa,

INI have seen now why some real Rasta told INI they don't mess with this site. SEEN.

RAspect to the I and Sistren Rasta Goddess, and Levite I
and dem few others who no gwaan play dis game.
. Vampiyah , Bagowire. Bun a fyah a dem come for downpress. Make a shitstem from out a reasoning...

Rastafari nah need be redefined because of ignorance. Nuh Overstanding dem and ramp Weh INI trod
GUWEH!

INI gwaan keep some distance now.

Haile Up
ISIS

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 3/18/2019 7:22:39 PM

I should have been reply but as I see the souls of mankind is already decided. That already chose to spread their beds in flames.

Such ashame how many times that you can give the devil a chance to put his flames out. He still find other things to burned. If you were truly close to H.I.M then you wouldn't speak such words from your mouth.

People want war? Understand if judgement day is real. How will it get judge? Think about it. The pain that Mother nature, Mama Africa Jah, and the universe that are enduring the bitter hate from the ones that speak of war

They will all look down onto this world and a revolution will revealed the truth about mankind.

Truth is us Rastafarians only was supposed to have one goal. And now I can see the failures in it. Make sure when the day of judgement come. The same ones that are pointing with their swords out are not pointing it at the king when he return.

A prayer to Jah

Jah can these words within me be an antidote to people and to myself. I said myself, because I know I'm not a perfect man. Even with a righteousness mind. I know my soul have some things that it need to let go. I'm still graceful for the ears that are hearing my voice though. Jah I know as a Rastafari I must bring peace to humanity. The world have gotten so cold I see froze bites on my people hearts. How could the devil numb the hearts of Jah. What a thing. But Jah let my words be words of antidotes changing the hearts of others making people realize that we got each other.

Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/18/2019 7:58:20 PM

Rasmi,
Those who denounce non-violence and chant for war tend to be one of two cases: people who have never experienced firsthand the carnage and horror of war, or people who have experienced war and lost their souls. His Majesty, who has experience war firsthand, is quite clearly passionate about the using peaceful means to resolve differences and creating a lasting worldwide peace. A person who professes allegiance to His Majesty should bear this in mind and recognize that the burning desire for vengeance and harming others comes not from His Majesty but from the Other One.

Your well-reasoned words of peace & conciliation, Rasmi, are a testament to Haile Selassie's Love and Wisdom, the core of RastafarI.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/18/2019 10:17:05 PM

Rasmi,
Those who denounce non-violence and chant for war tend to be one of two cases: people who have never experienced firsthand the carnage and horror of war, or people who have experienced war and lost their souls. His Majesty, who has experienced war firsthand, is quite clearly passionate about using peaceful means to resolve differences and creating a lasting worldwide peace. A person who professes allegiance to His Majesty should bear this in mind and recognize that the burning desire for vengeance and harming others comes not from His Majesty but from the Other One.

Your well-reasoned words of peace & conciliation, Rasmi, are a testament to Haile Selassie's Love and Wisdom, the core of RastafarI.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I