Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7117&start_row=21

Spirituality

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2019 7:32:18 PM

XpNinja

This website has missed the way you construct your reasoning.

Very effective

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/25/2019 9:24:14 AM

Wow! Great reasonings @ Ninja.

Thank you.

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 9/18/2019 10:46:25 AM

I thought this thread was about spirituality? The elaborate communications is great but what about the topic. What does color have to do with spirituality? Reason about the power of your soul. Spiritual doors, your astral projection, your communication in the spiritual realm. It saddens me that my people can write a book to talk about Christian views, but nothing about the view of JAH.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/18/2019 3:15:23 PM

@Angel

I appreciate your focus on the spiritual. The reason we were talking about race is because it was talked about in the OP. In my experience a thread naturally branches from whatever its author talks about which may or may not be confined or even best represented by the title they choose. The best and most positively constructive way to have the conversation on spirituality that you want would be for you to create that thread and bring up the specific subjects you want specifically addressed. I didn't see the need to say something negative about the people here who participate. I feel like I just got hit by a rock, lol. But no problem. It's all love. Create your thread and let's talk about spirituality. I assume that everyone is more than welcome to start conversations.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/18/2019 3:16:28 PM

@GA and RG

Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate it.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/18/2019 3:24:18 PM

Also, I will say this...

Religion is something that is very communal and establishes clear beliefs and practices. Spirituality is far more personal and may differ from person to person. Beyond talking about what different people do in their spiritual journey, whether meditation or yoga or whatever, its more about the experience and self reflection so I really think you need to make your own thread if you're wanting to hear something specific. The more we codify spirituality into a language and define it with words the more it becomes like a religion. And I personally try to avoid that. I don't know if that makes sense. Religion is black and white and things are right or wrong. Spiritually is essentially all shades of grey because its all relative to you getting from one place to another.

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 9/18/2019 5:54:23 PM

I am not a combative person, so I was not trying to throw rocks. I was just wondering is there anyone who has the gifts of our ancestors. I am still waiting to see that you all at least know about the spiritual realm as one of the Children of Israel (Israelite). It is part of who we are, with day visions and night visions that accompany your journey. JAH Love.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/18/2019 6:22:22 PM

@Angel

I appreciate you for saying that. I don't think you intended it that way. Nor do I think you intend to create a kind of litmus test for who is qualified to be spiritual.

I personally don't see why the "Children of Yisra'el", as you said, should have any 'spiritual gifts' that the goyim do not have. First of all, when were the children of Yisra'el righteous compared with the goyim? Self-righteous, maybe. But if you are judging by biblical standard, at what time were the Children of Yisra'el, righteous under the law? Goyim cannot be judged except according to their knowledge.

So that question I will pose to you.

Yeshua, if you believe in him, also said that he had other sheep not of this fold (Yisra'el) so would they not all have the same capacity for spiritual gifts?

I say this because sure I've had what you could call spiritual experiences and dreams and such but they were a product of what was programmed in. I conditioned my mind to project certain things and therefore I experienced that. I've had night terrors even when I thought I a demon was trying to kill me. However, I was wrong even though at the time that's what I 'saw'. And the evidence is that now that I don't believe I have never since had that experience so I say how much of these experiences are a product of the program we feed our minds?

Some 'gifts' are merely talents that different people pour their strength and energy into and we give thanks to Jah for those and every other blessing. But how does one know such a thing comes from an external source? Is the external source required? Or could these same gifts be inspired by other sources and produce the same result? And maybe if that person is Muslim we simply don't ask them, or if they're atheist we simply don't ask them and therefore subject ourselves to confirmation bias.

And on the other hand, the children of Yisra'el, themselves, followed different gods, witches, warlocks, and other mystics; whoever they simply believed to be credible based on their superstitions. The Witch of Endor for example. Was that real? Did she have real power? If so, where did her power come from? Or was it an illusion?

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 9/19/2019 12:28:30 PM

I see a lot of your information is from what you are reading. It shows. I am in my 50's and have been experiencing spiritual visions from age 9. I always wondered how I was able to do this, until I grew into manhood after 25 years of age and His Majesty came to me and opened up that spiritual door. There is noise he makes when he comes near you. He gives me visions of things to come whether it is people meeting me or earthquakes or tornadoes. He shows you what is coming. When His Majesty came to me like Moses he said to me to go outside and I was hesitant because I thought my roommates at college where playing a trick on me. I went outside and saw a golden star in the sky. It was caught on the news but they immediately stopped transmission and never said another thing about it. But, I got chased by journalist and the men in black and the KKK. By changing my life style, no sex, I was celibate for 4 and half years and only eating ITAL food my energies grew. There was a voice that said to me let it grow and a flame in me grew very large. My visions grew at least 3 fold. My spiritual contact with people grew. I would walk to class and someone one would say hey I dreamed about you last night and I have never met them before. But, I did see them vividly in a dream the night before, so I knew it was true. I pray when I want to visit someone and Jah allows it to happen and the people are startled when they see me but they call my Jesus because that it what they have been taught. I can see if you have been indoctrinated or not. Your words usually give it away. I am a direct descendant of Solomon. Solomon is the son of David. Part of my family looks Ethiopian (we are African American). I have spoken to them to see if they have similar gifts and they do, but they do not understand them. I see the indoctrination keeps them from fully understanding. I now understand when they say the King of Kings will free you from bondage. I see Jah and no other. The secret is with them that know him. He shows me things that come to pass on a daily basis. I have only met 1 Rasta who possessed the strong energy I have. His name was Ras Tree. I look for people like me here in Babylon (U.S). Maybe some on them have already made the trip to Ethiopia. This is why I was happy to find this forum but sad that no one seems to know. Yes I have been called names like sorcerer and warlock because they think it is voodoo. But, then I realize they don't know Jah. His blessings are real and comforting. Knowing Jah makes a big difference.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 9/20/2019 5:28:55 AM

True Angel in Zion

Wisemind & under/inner/overstanding.

Blessed Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I