Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7086&start_row=21

How does this fit in?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/21/2019 7:07:01 AM

"HUMAN BEINGS ARE PRECISELY THE SAME WHATEVER COLOUR, RACE, CREED OR NATIONAL ORIGIN THEY MAY BE" - H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE I"

Yes Nesta, His words are clear but some don't want accept that - I think most people (from what I can see) who end up on this forum and others are either looking for, or on, a spiritual journey.

I can be guilty of having days where I have little tolerance for others' views who conflict with mine as much as they do of mine with theirs and I really don't understand why plenty people do this? It happens everywhere you go in life. People fussing and fighting over silly things that they cannot change unless they get together and make the effort to.

Politics forums are really bad for this as I,m sure someone with your political knowledge will know - but when it spills into spiritual forums like this as Marley would say, "I really feel sick in my heart bout that". I can see this forum has long roots and has had plenty of fallouts in the past.. But.. It's still here. :)

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/21/2019 7:45:52 AM

Yep, Chalice, we all have our days. Tolerance for differing political perspectives, for example, is one thing (and my passion for debate sometimes gets the better of me), but resisting Babylon mentality that advocates the very wickedness leads to human suffering is a form of "intolerance" that we a called to as followers of Haile Selassie's Teachings (e.g., His majesty exhorted us to emulate Christ's life and Christ taught us to be intolerant of wickedness). While i reject, in accordance with His Majesty's Teachings, racial divisiveness; i still empathize with anger and frustration over past & present injustice & violations of human rights. It doesn't take much looking here to find a reasoning where you can see me express frustration with the inhumanity of Babylon. No one here is trying to deny the obscene treatments to which humans have subjected one another.

"I and i no come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places"

It give great joy to see RastafarI I-nite spiritually against the wicked Babylon mentality that continues to victimize people across the globe. What perplexes me is the failure of some who call themselves RastafarI to recognize that it aids and abets Babylon to ignore the overwhelming "sameness" of all people, and instead divide I-manity into separate segregated subgroups based upon skin color and/or geographic origin (i.e., with each subgroup painted with cartoonishly silly broad-brushed generalizations). Even if one cannot discern with one's own mind that this panders to Babylon's strategy of dividing us, one can listen to and learn from the wise & unequivocal Teachings of Haile Selassie I on the subject.

I&i get bashed for saying this but it's the Truth: Our power as RastafarI lies in JAH Love and our I-nity. Love is the only power that can undo Babylon mentality (which can NEVER be dislodged by killing one tyrant and putting another into power). Just because people can't comprehend with their mental processes how JAH works though the power of Love to defeat Babylon doesn't signify that it's not effective; it only signifies that our cognitive powers as individual humans are limited. Two people fighting Babylon mentality with Love is even stronger than one alone, and the magnitude of that strength matters not one iota whether or not their skin colors are the same or if they were born on the same continent.

You can be sure the devil man laughs with delight to see some of the ridiculous promotion of racial strife and separation found here on this website; such angry tribalism plays right into Babylon's hands.
Anyway, i vision Haile Selassie's Teachings as I-during well beyond petty, race-based chauvinism and separatism, and His Wisdom always eventually prevailing.

"Because only a fool lean upon his own misunderstanding, and then what has been hidden from the wise and the prudent been revealed to the babe and the suckling"

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/21/2019 9:07:54 AM

Yep, Chalice, we all have our days. Tolerance for differing political perspectives, for example, is one thing (and my passion for debate sometimes gets the better of me), but RESISTING the Babylon mentality that advocates the very wickedness which leads to human suffering is a form of "intolerance" that we are called to exhibit as followers of Haile Selassie's Teachings (e.g., His Majesty exhorted us to emulate Christ's life and Christ taught us to be intolerant of spiritual wickedness). While i reject, in accordance with His Majesty's Teachings, racial divisiveness; i still empathize with anger and frustration over past & present injustice & violations of human rights. It doesn't take much looking here to find a reasoning where you can see me express frustration with the inhumanity of Babylon. No one here is trying to deny the obscene treatments to which humans have subjected one another.

"I and i no come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places"

It give great joy to see RastafarI I-nite spiritually against the wicked Babylon mentality that continues to victimize people across the globe. What perplexes me is the failure of some who call themselves RastafarI to recognize that it aids and abets Babylon to ignore the overwhelming "sameness" of all people, and instead divide I-manity into separate segregated subgroups based upon skin color and/or geographic origin (i.e., with each subgroup painted with cartoonishly silly broad-brushed generalizations). Even if one cannot discern with one's own mind that this panders to Babylon's strategy of dividing us, one can listen to and learn from the wise & unequivocal Teachings of Haile Selassie I on the subject.

I&i get bashed for saying this but it's the Truth: Our power as RastafarI lies in JAH Love and our I-nity. Love is the only power that can undo Babylon mentality (which can NEVER be dislodged by killing one tyrant and putting another into power). Just because people can't comprehend with their mental processes how JAH works though the power of Love to defeat Babylon doesn't signify that it's not effective; it only signifies that our cognitive powers as individual humans are limited. Two people fighting Babylon mentality with Love is even stronger than one alone, and the magnitude of that strength matters not one iota whether or not their skin colors are the same or if they were born on the same continent.

You can be sure the devil man laughs with delight to see some of the ridiculous promotion of racial strife and separation found here on this website; such angry tribalism plays right into Babylon's hands.
Anyway, i vision Haile Selassie's Teachings as I-during well beyond petty, race-based chauvinism and separatism, and His Wisdom always eventually prevailing.

"Because only a fool lean upon his own misunderstanding, and then what has been hidden from the wise and the prudent been revealed to the babe and the suckling"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I