Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7086&start_row=11

How does this fit in?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2019 4:01:48 AM

If anything.

Let's not forget the NEGATIVE connotations associated with the English wordsound BLACK.

It's only recent times that InI have started to reverse that.

Black people calling themselves Black is arguably similar to calling InI self Nigga. In terms of origins and original meanings vs contemporary self definitions we have adopted as counter measures.

The need for some form of label to describe InI as a 1 people connected by local history experiences, plus background is of COURSE needed. Just as Haile Selassie called himself African. Just as Americans call themselves American etc. It has nothing to do with genetics necessarily as the term RACE doesn't have to incorporate DNA / genetics at all.

And by doing this in no way are we denying the oneness of humanity. This is a example of where the duality JahChild speaks of is a essential part of the ting.

I man are 1 with humanity
I also 1 with every living thing
I also 1 with every animate and inanimate thing
I also I individualistic as Garveys Africa AND as I birth name and other names I may go by
I also PanAfrican
I also black, both in terms of I shared cultural and historic experiences
I also Carribean
I also Rastafari and have shared experiences with other both black and none black Rastafari people

It's folly ....false idealistic to say a man is just 1 with humanity and NOTHING ELSE no form of other label or name whatsoever. Be honest. 1 can be all and each without contention or disagreement. You would expect Rasta people of all people to overstand the required concept of duality and further pleurality for this reasoning

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 2/26/2019 5:36:51 AM

blessings, bredderin
InI too busy these few days but am reasoning my innerstanding and compiling some thoughts for when there's enough time to respond fully.
InI been reading some Dr. John Henrik Clark and wanted to share a quote (or 3) here, til later.
Love and the fullness of His Majesties blessings to the Idren!

"Africa and its people are the most written about and the least understood of all of the world's people. This condition started in the 15th and the 16th centuries with the beginning of the slave trade system. The Europeans not only colonialized most of the world, they began to colonialize information about the world and its people."
John Henrik Clarke

"Africans in the United States must remember that the slave ships brought no West Indians, no Caribbeans, no Jamaicans or Trinidadians or Barbadians to this hemisphere. The slave ships brought only African people and most of us took the semblance of nationality from the places where slave ships dropped us off."
John Henrik Clarke

“Racists will always call you a racist when you identify their racism. To love yourself now - is a form of racism. We are the only people who are criticized for loving ourselves. and white people think when you love yourself you hate them. No, when I love myself they become irrelevant to me.”
―; John Henrik Clarke

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2019 5:53:33 AM

Dr John Henrik Clarke and Dr Ben Josef Jochannen are my 2 favourite scholars of all time.

Such powerful and concise wordsound

Give thanks for the share

Wiil never forget being 12 years old at Christmas with family and friends at my grandmother's house. Ras Levite was there.... An elder family friend Mr Toure who was a PanAfricanist revolutionary brethren came round and switched off all music all television and commanded control of the household. He (for some forcibly) played back to back hours of video from Dr John Henrik Clarke. And passed I some 'homework' information on the PanAfrican movements of the OAU and brothers such as Nkrumah. From that day i had fallen in love with Black History and the idea of PanAfricanism..... And have continued to replace any notion of Christmas with a PanAfricanist day of celebration

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 2/27/2019 8:33:50 AM

Love that Christmas Story, GA.
Dr. Clarke a brilliant man. True intellect. Ini watched this and found it so powerful and inspiring.
Since the I a fan of Dr. Clarke, thought ya might enjoy it.

Rastafari for-i-ver
Blessings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4jUoHzMP4 // http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4jUoHzMP4

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 2/27/2019 8:35:07 AM

Ini will look into Dr Ben Josef Jochannen.

Bless

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/28/2019 6:12:09 AM

How does this fit in Hemplesshead? "ah you fi give us the teachings of his majesty.. for we na wan no devil philosophy"

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/28/2019 11:29:30 AM

One of my favorites Bob Marley lines, Chalice. Combine that with His Majesty's uncanny ability to select words to describe a code of Righteousness that is extremely difficult to evade or otherwise weasel out of using circumlocution or sophistry, and you have the foundation of a clearly articulated moral paradigm for RastafarI.

Or simply put, if you're gonna defy His Majesty's teachings, then it's going to be pretty plain for anyone with eyes (that are really looking) to see.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/1/2019 7:22:23 AM

Any moral paradigm for Rastafari is BIRTHED out of the black liberation struggle. Facts upon facts.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/14/2019 11:14:04 AM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/21/2019 6:26:51 AM

The moral paradigm for those RastafarI who are rooted in His Majesty Haile Selassie's divinity & spiritual leadership (as well as His Majesty's Own philosophical and moral values) is BIRTHED out of the Teachings of Jesus Christ. Haile Selassie I publicly bears witness to this on many occasions.

The moral paradigm for those RastafarI who rebel AGAINST and display contempt for the Teachings of H.I.M. Haile Selassie I (as well as use His Name and image as a commercial brand like Calvin Klein or Coca Cola for their promotion of separatism & supremacy based upon race) is BIRTHED out of the black liberation struggle.

It's all a matter of whether we listen to, accept, and embrace the Teachings of His Majesty Haile Selassie I as Wisdom and Truth; or reject and disdain Haile Selassie's Teaching because they are inconsistent with -- and contradictory to -- a movement based in resentment and racial bigotry.

"HUMAN BEINGS ARE PRECISELY THE SAME WHATEVER COLOUR, RACE, CREED OR NATIONAL ORIGIN THEY MAY BE" - H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I