Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7077&start_row=1

Dreadlocks for Babylon

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/22/2019 11:39:24 AM

Apologies if this topic exists somewhere else but I and I New to this site. My question is this, often ones ask me to dreadlock their hair when they see mine but they only want a hairstyle not the lifestyle. I and I struggle inside with how to respond, any ones with advice is appreciated. No overstanding of culture of dreadlocks should that mean no help with it from rasta or try to educate? Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/22/2019 11:56:46 AM

I would say there isn't much specific or unique culture of locs. Dreadlocks yes but locs no. Maybe just ask them which they prefer and give them the differences between the two? Congo Mau Mau Natty Dreader Dread vs locked and Matted

I used to get frustrated when I started to see more and more 1s wear the crown commercially without the knowledge of kingship. But then realise their locks a just locks and only dreadlocks can crown. There's a difference between free form Congo dread and pretty form evened out short locks. There's a difference between knowledge of self and fashionista. The frustration for me is no longer there....

Welcome to this forum sistren
Good and pleasant to reason with new energy

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/22/2019 12:02:41 PM

Greetings Empress. I think your struggle is within yourself. A man or woman is going to be whoever they are no matter how they look. Selassie himself never wore the dread. You could say to them you speak of - I'm not going dread your hair less you follow his majestys teachings, but how ironic would that be?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/22/2019 12:28:03 PM

Empress,
My two cents: I imagine that you can readily sense if the person desiring dreadlocks "hath an ear" for that which is holy or not. If they do, then definitely explore the spiritual side with them; if they don't, then there's no point in casting pearls before swine (other than maybe to make mention of the fact that the dreadlocks carry a spiritual significance for you).

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/22/2019 12:28:36 PM

A very relevant point one makes.
Iand I am enjoying all the reading on reasoning here.

Blessings👑;

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/22/2019 12:29:36 PM

Another well said point. The struggle is within and should be let go.
Blessings

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/22/2019 12:29:38 PM

Another well said point. The struggle is within and should be let go.
Blessings

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/22/2019 12:32:08 PM

Bless for that very real point. A reminder of what I and I needed to remember. Especially the pearls before swine and mentioning that the dreadlocks are spiritual for iand I. Let them who have an ear listen. 🔥;
Blessings

Messenger: Africa I Sent: 2/24/2019 3:59:06 AM

Greetings sistren I.

The hairstyle is a gateway to the lifestyle.

In 2013 I met a woman with beautiful locs. We became best friends and I asked her to get me loc'ed too. We never talk about RasTafarI in the friendship.

However, one year later I met Bobo Man and fully realised RasTafarI in my heart.

I believe the locs were an entry point into the trod.

Share the love.

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 2/24/2019 4:39:53 AM

(Still Iandi, forgot password and had to re-sign on)
Bless, Africa 1
that is a valid point, maybe a doorway to more.maybe one step toward a new trod.
Iandi real-eyes after the initial responses that it was inner conflict and judgements that need let go. Praise Jah for the awakening through the dreadlocks! and for the I views.

One love 👑;

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I