Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7056&start_row=11

Source Coding or Website Building

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 7/2/2019 6:16:19 AM

Haile bless, one website that will allow you to sell and build a site is Wordpress.org NOT .com (it charges a lot of money).

But Wordpress.org look it up, I will be switching my own site over to then shortly.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/2/2019 7:50:13 AM

Thankhs 1forTruth. I did look it up, but I don't see any information on wordpress.org about pricing. How much does it cost to host an online store there?

Messenger: PompeyPaul Sent: 7/2/2019 5:20:19 PM

Hello

Hardest thing about website developement is getting the content & art work done. If you have that then building the website is usually trivial.

There are lots of decisions to make on your path through, usually dependent on how big your site will get. How much traffic (hits per day) are you expecting?

If starting out then going with fasthosts ECommerce package is usually a good bet: https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/ecommerce-website-builder

It's simple to do and will get you running. Handles the domain e commerce etc.

Good luck.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/3/2019 3:30:10 AM

Thankhs Paul. At $15 a month, that price is lower than a lot of others. I would like to get it lower still, but I will keep this website in mind. On a2hosting.com there are a lot of inexpensive plans, but I don't know which one I need or how to set it up.
I might have found a web designer, so hopefully it will work out this time.
Give Ises

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/9/2019 3:34:14 PM

If you are considering web hosting you should also consider the Amazon cloud (aws.amazon.com)

This form of hosting is typically superior but usually requires someone who knows what they're doing to help you set it up. But you can find someone at fiverr.com.

this kind of solution helps you pay for only what you need but doesn't lock you in. You can scale up later if needed. And if you're new (if they're still doing it) you basically get free hosting for a year.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/10/2019 4:00:45 AM

Thankhs IPXninja, I did find someone on fiverr actually. And I ended up using a2hosting and got a rate of about $2 per month. Not bad at all, and for what I need it seems to have worked out great.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/6/2022 11:12:41 PM

Greetings beloveds
We are looking for some help again with our website.. certain things that I have not been able to solve on my own..
So those couple years ago what ended up happening is that we had hired a web designer who used wordpress and used divi builder to make a website... it's not what I asked him to do but alright it's working fine for now..
What we need is this:
+ help calibrating the shipping correctly. It seems like it just charges someone $5 no matter what is shipping...
+ help with SSL and like generally questions about SSL
+ changing the contact info from our first web designer to our org email
Rather than hire someone and spend precious resources on that, I would love if anyone can help out with those few things voluntarily?
Ites
Give Ises Most Haile

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/7/2022 11:21:21 AM

I can volunteer for a couple of things. Email me at psionixim@gmail.com

SSL...

SSL is based on certificates. These certificates expire. The good news is that you can get them for free

Let's Encrypt (most popular)
https://letsencrypt.org/

Cloudflare (one of the largest and more trustworthy IT providers in general)
https://www.cloudflare.com/ssl/

Once you get your certificate it has to be "installed". This is usually done through your web hosting company.

Shipping...

Best to first identify what Wordpress plugin you're using for e-commerce and find someone on fiverr by searching for that plugin specifically. Tell them the problem upfront and only allow them to take the job if they know how to fix it. I can take a look at it but I have limited time to investigate a plugin I'm not familiar with. But it's probably just something in the plugin's settings.

Contact Email...

This is also likely in your Wordpress settings. I can probably find it for you.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/7/2022 11:51:36 AM

Ites of thankhs Iyah
Just in that information alone the I probably just save us $70 a year because that's what we have been paying for SSL
And $70 is a lot of food or books or clothes or rent money for these children and the home they live in. So I give thankhs haile
I'll be emailing the I from our org email which is jahchildrennpo@gmail.com

Shipping

We're using woocommerce and the plugin is Flexible Shipping
I've tried to work on the settings myself and I was unable to set up international shipping and I also can't get the pricing right on the US shipping.

Contact

The contact email is in our wordpress settings and I have tried to change it and the login name also but it simply will. not. change.

Give Ises

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/8/2022 10:23:34 AM

Happy to help with the great and important work you're doing, sis.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I