Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7051&start_row=61

OUR SHARED ROOTS - ONE FAMILY TREE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 4:05:42 AM

Being theoretically of African descent does NOT mean we are all African. And HIM did NOT see the whole world as African.

Would you like me to provide His Majesty's multiple quotes to support my reasoning? Whereby he defines Africans as those born of the continent and those of the Diaspora displaced through the likes of Slavery?

It's racist to deny Africans their identity as Africans

I lick out against this without apology

"Everything the blackman have the white man want to take away" - Johnny Clarke and Dillinger song name Commercial Locks

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 5:00:35 AM

Not sure why you even bother to insert that in such a positive reasoning. We've reasoned your position on this before. You must, however, recognize that you cannot, by unilateral proclamation, ever deprive me or any other human of their African birthright I-dentity simply because you chose to construe the term "African" using a set of narrowly-defined, arbitrarily-selected criteria. All you can really hope to accomplish is to somehow convince yourself (and maybe some others) that you are "more African" (whatever that means) than I&i and/or my brothers & sisters.

Rasta deals on a higher plain than birth certificates and passports -- we look to our spiritual homeland and the homeland of our ancestors.

No quotes from anyone required to support or "document" the simple Truth.

"Give us the Teachings of His Majesty for we no want no devil philosophy"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 5:45:04 AM

By the testimony of His Majesty.

Where you specific fit into this isn't really my business

My point is that 'African' speaks to a specific set of people as outlined by Haile Selassie and not all of humanity....

That's all

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 5:56:24 AM

"African" describes every human who cherishes his/her African heritage & ancestry and longs to dwell in his/her homeland of Africa Iternally. No such person can be barred from their African roots by a devil philosophy that seeks to create a private club with bouncers at the door to deny people their spiritual I-dentities.
--------------------------------------------------------

"Stiff-necked fools, you think you are cool
To deny me for simplicity.
Yes, you have gone for so long
With your love for vanity now.
Yes, you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain imagination.
So take Jah Sun, and Jah Moon,
And Jah Rain, and Jah Stars,
And forever, yes, erase your fantasy!"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 6:33:14 AM

His Majesty BEGS to differ.

You are another Rachel Dolezal.

A Chinese man cannot wake up an decide he is African. Only in your paradigm. Not recognised by anyone outside of yourself.

His Majesty was CLEAR and specific who he was referring to as African

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 12:45:00 PM

It's very simple really: I am African and cannot be arbitrarily robbed of that by you or anyone else. No unilateral decree nor utterance of Babylon can take away what a man is -- His I-dentity.

"The lips of the Righteous teach many, but fools die for want of wisdom."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 12:46:41 PM

Nesta I in no way meant to infer this personally onto you. I have no IDEA what your cultural national and racial origins are.

I called you a Rachel Dolezal as her experience of being "whatever she feels" is well documented

But I argument is much more GENERAL in that the entire human race was not labelled as African by His Majesty nor Garvey nor I. Again speaking generally and not including people of mixed ancestry etc etc I'm not getting bogged down into the details and only working on the general principle.

For years on this forum others have argued they are African and as entitled to 'repatriate'to Ethiopia as a anyone else despite no known ancestral ties to Ethiopia / Africa. When in fact the idea of repatriation to Shashemane was ordained by His Majesty for a SPECIFIC set of people.

I am no fool

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/24/2019 2:28:27 AM

My soul dwelleth in its home in Ethiopia. My body dwelleth elsewhere upon the earth. When i lay my burden down, all that will remain of me will be my soul in Zion...in my home of Africa.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 2/24/2019 4:43:19 AM

Bless up idren,
Iandi would appreciate reading any thoughts the idren here have on Stephen Marley song "made in Africa"
The video is well worth a view too)
The I enjoys reading these reasoning, thankhs

Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/24/2019 5:04:05 AM

In 1948 Emperor Haile Selassie I donated 500 acres (2.0 km2) of his private land to allow members of the Rastafari movement, Ethiopian World Federation (EWF) officers and members and other settlers from Jamaica and other parts of the Caribbean to go to Africa.
- Specific.

Lioness I know the song of which you speak and from what I remember Stephen is making the point of Africans to remember their native roots and extensive history pre colonialisation and chattel slavery. True righteousness.

Haile I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I