Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7051&start_row=1

OUR SHARED ROOTS - ONE FAMILY TREE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/31/2019 11:46:14 AM

This is so inspirational. How often can we look to science to demonstrate our Inity as One People of One Flesh? The family of Imanity - all brothers and sisters descended out of Mother Africa with the only barrier to that Real-eyes-ation being Babylon's deceptive ruses to keep us apart.

"How good and how pleasant it would be before God and man, to see the unification of ALL Africans. As it's been said already, let it be done. We are the children of the Rastaman. We are the children of the Iyaman."

WE ARE ALL AFRICANS
"Researchers sequence the genomes from more isolated populations"

By Bridget Alex|Thursday, December 22, 2016
Peter Chadwick/Science Source

Every person’s DNA contains part of the human story: how our ancestors — lanky, tool-using apes — spread across the planet, colonizing environments as varied as the Himalayas, Arctic and Amazon Basin.

Millions of people have had at least part of their DNA studied, but because they’re mostly urban Westerners and East Asians, the samples repeat the same details of that story. From this data, we’ve known for three decades that Homo sapiens evolved in Africa some 200,000 years ago. To answer when and how humans migrated out of Africa, researchers needed DNA from a wider pool of people.

Three research groups sequenced high-quality genomes of 787 people from over 270 populations. Their findings were published concurrently in Nature in September. Two of the studies drew samples from isolated groups across the globe to maximize linguistic and cultural diversity. The third focused on indigenous people of Australia and Papua New Guinea.

“Genomes from these more remote populations really can tell us a huge amount about human evolutionary history,” says Evelyn Jagoda, a Harvard University evolutionary genetics Ph.D. student and co-author of one of the studies.

Although each team collected and analyzed genomes independently, they came to the same general conclusion: Genetic similarities between peoples of Eurasia, Oceania and the Americas indicate that all "non-Africans" descend from a small population that left Africa roughly 60,000 years ago.

Older Homo sapiens made it out of Africa, but these populations must have mostly died out. Only one of the three studies detected a trace of their existence: About 2 percent of the genomes of Papuans are probably from these earlier migrants.

Researchers hope to use the new data to find population-specific diseases and adaptations. There are still many things to be learned, says Nick Patterson, a Broad Institute computational biologist and a study co-author. “This data is extremely rich.”

"We are all Africans."

http://discovermagazine.com/2017/janfeb/16-we-are-all-africans

Messenger: man with chalice Sent: 1/31/2019 2:52:00 PM

I've yet to trace my dna genetics. I hear it's a must for everyone. We all lead back to Africa.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2019 2:58:39 PM

This again

An awareness of our past is essential to the establishment of our personality and our identity as African
Africa’s victory, although proclaimed, is not yet total, and areas of resistance still remain. Today, we name as our first great task the final liberating of those Africans still dominated by foreign exploitation and control"

- Haile Selassie I

The white race has been trying to deny Africans of their individual IDENTITT for almost 1000 years now doesn't it get boring

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/1/2019 5:48:11 AM

Isn't it great that RastafarI have survived & surpassed the 1000 years of racially-motivated division and abuse, and have in our own hands (first individually, then collectively) the power to finally make this the first truly Inited generation when no race looks upon another as someone different; as we finally bring to reality the fact that we are all brothers and sisters of One People of One Flesh. It's an exciting time to be alive. Out with the past and in with the Oneness of Imanty -- no longer anyone denying anyone else for any reason; but instead embracing one another as the family members we are.

I&i never tire of recalling this, one of the most meaningful & spiritual moments in my trod:

More than thirty years ago the kind and wonderful black Jamaican (JAH-make-him) man, who also confirmed to me the name of His Majesty RastafarI, held his arm up against my light-skinned arm, looked into my eyes and said, "You see, we are the same color." It was a moment of Real-eyes-ation in which i finally felt Hope that we do have the power to put aside the deceptions that Babylon has used to keep JAH people apart from one another and to create our common future of Inity with our own hands.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 6:23:04 AM

Well so long as black people still walk around without knowing their culture and Africa remains comparatively underdeveloped and the world remains a white supremacist system. Then....black supremacy InI yant

How privileged of a white skin man to claim to black people that racial division or oppression is over.

"No unuh can't come tek muma Africa from we again" Jah Bouks
"Dem better come out, Dem better get out, come out of the blackman land" Sizzla Kalonji
"Take oppressor to the hanging tree" Junior Delgado
"Black Supremacy" NESTA Marley
"Africa's victory is NOT yet total" Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/1/2019 6:27:01 AM

i'm sorry you feel that way. We'll just need to wait a little longer for JAH Love to work its miracle.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 6:39:31 AM

I dont deal in miracle iah.

I also posted the way His Majesty said it was.... Don't take I word alone

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/1/2019 7:03:45 AM

I&i delight in the miracles. We had a baby a couple of years ago. You just gotta look at the tiny little fingers all perfectly formed with their tiny fingernails, cellophane-thin skin, threadlike tendons, needle-like bones -- and all fully functional, flexing and grabbing. Impossible for ME not to see JAH's miracle in those tiny hands.

Messenger: man with chalice Sent: 2/1/2019 7:22:53 AM

@Nesta1

I found this forum through another website that had it's link on it. I tried to register there, before I registered here but the forum is a long time gone. So I came here and been reading a few weeks. There's not a lot of places on the internet you can go to find the connection to people who think like the same as youself (being me)to find and to have a spiritual non racial or political ideology where there's no strings attached. To me, the I (and I call you the 'I' out of respect, as you call yourself "I&I") is a man who I feel, I can reason with that's pure with no hate or bad-mindedness.

It's very hard to find people like this in the world today. I mean, people who have received that original reggae,spiritual message that was being sent in the 1970's from Jamaica. I don't claim to be a Rasta as I think it's a label. I'm not tied to any label, I'm just me. But I picked up that message. Even from a very early age of reading the Bible when I read about the word "Babylon" I immediately thought the world I was living in was just as described.

Then when I got hearing reggae I instantly connected not only to the beat but the sheer plight of the REAL people that were there who were sending the message, not them who just hustle the music but to let everyone know of their social desperation in "Babylon"- Their will to have no part of it - and that was for me.

I know my dna takes me to the African continent as every human's does. But I still see people fighting over them colour of skins when the very man they are suppossed to follow told them not to do that. So do you think they have missed his message?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/1/2019 7:42:23 AM

man with chalice,
Thank you. Your kind and thoughtful message does my heart good in this time. i don't seek negativity or arguments here, but they seem to find me. The irony is not lost upon me of having learned so much of my essential RastafarI spiritual underpinning from Black people, knowing JAH incarnate to be a Man with Black skin, and then being denigrated in this forum for espousing the very Wisdom they have imparted to me.

To answer your question, I&i see His as a big message. It takes time for each person to work through the hand that Life has dealt them to come to peace with certain issues and to decide in earnest to follow a path of forgiveness & JAH Love. Many people see forgiveness as giving up or failing to demand justice, and refuse to accept that it is, in fact, JAH's gift to us of liberation from a horrible burden. As His Majesty said:

“We wish to recall here the spirit of tolerance shown by Our Lord Jesus Christ when He gave forgiveness to all including those that crucified Him.”

PEACE IN JAH AND, AGAIN, THANK YOU

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I