Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7040&start_row=61

The WALL -- BUILD IT

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 247
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/22/2019 4:11:52 PM

Stop with divisions and stealing of native lands.
Stop with the colonialism.
The wall is a waste and a symbol of colonialism, division, and totalitarianism.

RastafarI people don't deal with such things, nah InI burn them out!

More love and guidance

Messenger: Back to the chalice Sent: 1/22/2019 5:28:16 PM

"Do you have walls on your home? Why???????????"

@Hemphill - Yes, I do. To hold the roof up :)

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/23/2019 5:30:07 AM

"Do you have walls on your home? Why?"

Where i live, we'd prefer not to have walls so the breezes can come in, but we sort of need them in the rainy season and to keep the bugs out. Obviously, we don't equate Latino brothers & sisters from south of the USA border with bugs, so, i don't think a house wall is a very good analogy for a border wall.

Over the years we've given undocumented Mexican families our old cars for free (so they could go to their jobs) and let dozens of undocumented Central Americans with no place to stay bunk in our home until they got on their feet. That was just our custom because my ex and stepdaughter were from Central America, but i realize that it will instantly be dismissed as "virtue signaling" (although maybe not by those who don't consider helping out undocumented immigrants as being "virtuous"). Anyway, they were all just JAH people to us.

"Hey, Mr. Cop! Ain't got no birth certificate on me now."

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/23/2019 7:17:47 AM

Garvey's Africa: "How the **** can any AMERICAN tell anybody on this green Earth about border patrol. Do Americans need reminding their whole livity is based on CAPTURE LAND? And COLONIALISM?"

To build on this a bit, I&i have always seen some poetic justice in the PEACEFUL re-occupation by Mexican people of that half of Mexico's national territory which was quite intentionally, premeditatedly, and ruthlessly stolen from Mexico during the period 1846 to 1848. Using the rationale of "manifest destiny", Washington basically robbed Mexico at gunpoint (after substantial bloodshed) of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, Nevada, and parts of Wyoming, Oklahoma, Colorado, and Kansas. Rather than seek justice & restitution for this immense crime violently, JAH people of Mexico have simply participated in a slow, patient, and overwhelmingly peaceful movement to occupy and re-settle their national homeland. It's been surprisingly successful - JAH Bless! Mahatma Gandhi would applaud their methods.

Whenever i come back to the U.S. and visit California or Arizona, i love to hear Spanish being spoken there and to join into the conversation if the opportunity presents itself. [Not to mention the true blessing of an abundance places serving comida mexicana autentica!] Hearing Spanish spoken seems so natural in these lands of cherished Mexican heritage.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/24/2019 9:50:18 AM

A wall in a house is THE perfect analogy for a border wall. It simply constitutes the boundaries and structure of a sovereign home -- nation. Thats it. We have doors on our home to let people in who have been seen and allowed.. We dont want people breaking through windows or smashing a hole in the wall to come in. That is illegal. So it is the same with a nation. A wall does not mean no one can ever come in. It means if you want to come in, you have to knock on the door and come in properly. Its that simple. It has nothing to do 'xenophobia' or racism.

And America has every right to defend her borders, just as other nations do. You want to claim America as 'stolen land' yet you conveniently over look the fact that ALL land through ALL cultures has been fought over and won by conquest. Tribal or 'colonial', fighting over and taking land is as old as human civilization. So this argument is dead in the water, if we were to move on this as you say, no one could live anywhere as someone could dig deep enough and say, hey you stole that land from us.. Just not how it works. And you know this. You just hate the 'west' and want to see it crumble into nothing.. News flash for you.. Its not happening. America will fight to imprison its domestic devil parasites and to defend its borders and sovereignty. Soo.. BUILD THAT WALL

Messenger: Back to the chalice Sent: 1/24/2019 10:20:55 AM

Hemphill, you come across as a man who makes his point and there's no reasoning with you. The people who frequent a site like this most of them don't agree with you - I wonder why do you keep coming back? You're not going to change people who don't agree wuth you skip. Everyone has to change by themselves from the inside out not vice verus.

If it's not inside someone to want to start building walls around them why try to force the issue and say your point is a must? By you doing that, to me, your point itself becomes "dead in the water" as you would say. I'm sure there is plenty of pro-Trump forums around where the man could build lots of walls with his like-minded wall building people.

These people are Rasta.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/24/2019 10:25:32 AM

Problem with that reasoning of THE BANNED is that America the Babylon doesn't respect other nations or their sovereignty. It doesn't just "not respect" them, it GROSSLY VIOLATES THEM and people's human rights while it's at it. It breaks in and steals any time it feels like it, right up to the present day. America the Babylon invoking the "rule of law" is like Al Capone invoking it. It's a joke.

America the Babylon, being the sole remaining superpower, has set the rules of the global game: There are no rules! We make 'em up as we go! There are no laws to respect, there are no treaties -- Do whatever you can get away with and never look back. That's how America plays the game and since everyone wants to be a rich as America: Everybody just imitate us!

Talk about houses?

Break into and destroy Afghanistan? Murder thousands of Afghans? No problem. That's how we do it. Follow our lead, everybody! Chaos and lawlessness. That's what we stand for! It's the Wild West! Let's do it again:

Break into and destroy Iraq? Murder thousands of Iraqis? Sure. Why not? And again!

Break into and destroy Libya? Murder thousands of Libyans? You bet. It's fun. Do i see a pattern here?

Oh hey, BTW, tell those Mexicans sneaking across the border to earn $8 an hour trimming my neighbor's hedges to knock it off. It's "annoying me". It's not "legal". Gee, why is no one taking me seriously?

But really, if we think about it at all the way people who believe in the rule of law and justice should, then the USA is WAY BEHIND on even acknowledging, let alone, on paying the reparations that it owes millions of people around the world. So a few million downpressed coming into America and getting some of the pie to send back to their relatives (most of whom are victims of America the Babylon) seems like poetic justice and a nice stop gap until the long-overdue reparations payments can begin in earnest.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2019 10:26:15 AM

If your brother comes into your bedroom, fights you, and throws you out displacing you to sleep on the couch while he makes the bedroom his or outside of the house completely.

This can be synonymous with how the majority of land on the earth has been captured and recaptured. By neighbouring tribes of people usually of the same or similar ethnicities with the 'losing'set of people being displaced.

Then imagine an unrelated stranger from far come into your house and just murder everything. Wife children and yourself. And then he moves his family in.

This is akin to what America did with the America land. This isn't two tribes fighting over a border, or two neighbouring countries over who should rule. This is an example of a 1 set of people travel across the world and commit genocide.

America is NOT the only country to have ever done this. But this isn't something that is happening all the time or for "every land" as the above post might suggest. This is clearly different. To the point that America and Europe are actually punishing people TODAY for retrospective acts of genocide on a much smaller scale.

Colonisation is an even rarer thing only found within Empire rules such as Greek, Roman, Byzantine and late Egyptian. All considered historical crimes. The difference being between these Empires and America / Europe is that the latter still exist.

So the argument of reparations is inescapable. On so many levels

Using the same analogy re: walls. Sure most houses have walls to protect them from the forces of nature/ weather and also from outsiders. Still, if you see a poor man woman or child outside your house maybe even on the street... SOME people would let them in and offer them food or shelter and SOME people wouldn't. This is the border argument. And Hemphill is correct here to use such an analogy. But again, that doesn't mean a complete shut off is wrong / right.

*goes back to being done with this thread*

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/24/2019 10:33:27 AM

@Hemphill

You do realize don't you that there was a time before colonialism and taking people's lands. In the beginning people simply moved further away to give them enough space for their farm. If we lived in accordance with nature, not trying to overpopulate any given area, there would be no need for borders. Borders are about defending resources. You wouldn't even need a fence if you didn't care that someone else was in your backyard. The ownership that people feel now is much more of a Western concept. The fact that others have adopted it doesn't excuse its origins.

In communism all the land naturally belongs to all the people. In capitalism the land is mostly owned by the 1% and you get the illusion of owning it because the bank gives you the right to occupy what they actually own. And still this illusion of ownership comes with a fear of scarcity.

It's funny. America wasn't "full" when it was just the Native Americans. Somehow they survived for many years before Europeans came. And they survived without walls. How do you explain that?

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/24/2019 10:37:10 AM

And all you do is virtue signal.. If you didnt, you would be balanced on the issue.. Yet you dont say anything about the Armenian genocide and tell Turkey to give back its land from islam back to the Christians. Istanbul was Constantinople.. But see that irrelevant because it was white people robed and killed, ypu only 'care' when its black and brown because you want to be seen as extra virtuous, you dont care about the principle.. Hence the perfect term for you: virtue signal.

Lol more calls for censorship.. Go figure

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 247

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I