Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7040&start_row=11

The WALL -- BUILD IT

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 247
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/17/2019 1:16:08 PM

Nesta1,

Fair enough, I sight what the I says, though I think friend (fried in the end) can describe USAs and Mexicos relationship. I didn't say they were brothers, but even if I did, look how Cain did Able...

Point is the USA and Mexico are neighbors and allies, we should keep good relations with eachother. They are both North American countries, lets not divide more than we already have.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/17/2019 1:49:42 PM

Agreed. The US and Mexico are joined at the hip. A wall would just be one more slap in the face on top of hundreds of slaps before it. Clearly, not something that the Mexicans are in favor of.

i still have this mental image of Ronald Reagan standing there on TV saying: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

That the mighty US has become so impotent that the only way of thinking its people are ready to embrace in order to secure the blessing of liberty (meaning their piles of gold) is building a physical wall bespeaks a crumbling empire that no long exerts the influence to change the course of economic stagnation of people in neighboring countries.

The Chinese have that kind of influence today because they have developed economically, grown and saved, and have not squandered their wealth on foreign wars and a phenomenally corrupt military-security complex. Of course, the Chinese also figured out long ago that big, expensive walls weren't the answer to matters of national security. Too bad American barely study history anymore.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/17/2019 1:52:52 PM

Wrong again. MANY mexicans are in favor of the wall and increased border security as they are terrorized daily by the deadly effects of open borders.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/18/2019 3:15:28 AM

i don't know how you keep a straight face and write things like that.

"An overwhelming 94% of Mexicans oppose Trump’s proposed border wall" - Pew Research
http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/

You really don't need to do any research or obtain polling results to understand how offensive it is to have someone erect a wall along the border to keep "you people out of our country". If your neighbor erected a 12-foot high electric fence with rolls of razor wire at the top because your kids kept hitting their baseball into his yard and he was tired of them coming into his yard to fetch it, you'd be offended.

Mexico has a population of over 130 million. Only around 4% of that population live in immediate proximity to the US-Mexico border. I*i have a many close, long-time Mexican friends in Tijuana and Nogales and have been to see them dozens of times. None of them is in favor of a border wall and none of them "are terrorized daily by the deadly effects of open borders". Seems like you watch too much sensationalized news. Maybe you need to take a trip down to Mexico and talk to some real people. Do you speak Spanish?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/18/2019 7:56:45 AM

“it [the Border wall] would be virtually 100 percent effective” – Donald J. Trump

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." – George Santayana

To wit:

- The Canaanites thought that they were secure behind the walls of Jericho -- then came Joshua and the Israelites

- The Chinese of the Jin Dynasty thought that they were safe behind their Great Wall -– then came the Mongols

- Emperor Constantine XI Palaiologos thought that he and the seat of his Byzantine Empire were safe behind mighty walls of Constantinople -- then came Mehmed II and the Ottoman army.
----------------------------------------------------------------

"When you think it's peace and safety
A sudden destruction
Collective security for surety, yeah

Don't forget your history
Nor your destiny
In the abundance of water
The fool is thirsty"
--Bob Marley & the Wailers

A mighty empire needn't build walls because it has the power & influence to put its will into effect; but a cowering, crumbling empire builds walls as its final act of desperation, only to be besieged and succumb to the inevitable fall.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/18/2019 8:49:18 AM

Don't tell me what I would or should be offended over. And my research comes from being at the border talking to people and seeing non-mainstream reports of people in those towns affected by the migrant caravans and the thousands who protested against them and FOR the wall..

See, this is the problem here.. You pussies are so concerned about someone being offended that you would rather see women and children raped and killed than have an effective border barrier. I dont give two shits who is offended, that just means they have an extremely weak mind. Grow the F up Nesta.. OR, remove all walls from your house and let 15 migrants live and eat with you.. Funny thing is, all these democrat politicians who run around screaming offensive and immorality about walls and guns, live in gated communities with armed gaurds. Go figure..

Skrew who is offended, this is the real world. KEEP BUILDING THAT WALL

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/18/2019 9:21:19 AM

The man who can't form a statement of his perspective without lacing it with invectives betrays a weak position, a weak mind, or both. Of three participants in this thread so far, i only see you taking that approach. What's wrong with civilized discourse? Who wants to be called disparaging names just for providing a statement of their position? Seems there was an intent behind calling this forum "reasoning" and not "unreasoning".

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/18/2019 9:41:31 AM

And so instead of focusing on the points being made, with passion because you think you can tell me how I would or should feel -- for the record I would celebrate my neighbors building a fence to protect their property and privacy --, you focus on the way the points are made.. Lol thats like a female saying "its not what you said, its HOW you said it".. Hence the snowflake.. Go on being hyper sensitive about potentially offending someone and get absolutely NOTHING accomplished. Walk on egg shells or stand for something..

By the way, Mexico has a southern border wall! Haha only America can't.. Do you even see the utter stupidity and hypocrisy of your 'points'?? Of course not.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/18/2019 10:21:12 AM

You write: "By the way, Mexico has a southern border wall!"

i crossed into from Mexico into Guatemala at Atenango De La Frontera about 3 years ago. I don't recall seeing any "wall" there. Just an immigration building inside Guatemala where we had to go to present our passports. According to Wikipedia (not my favorite source, but at least the CIA checks & edits it regularly) under "Guatemala–Mexico border" : "There is no continuous wall on the border, although there are sections of fence near populated areas and official border crossings."

That makes sense considering the diversity of terrain and water features (e.g., a few hundred kilometers of rivers) traversed by the Guatemala-Mexico border line. Just the same as there are sections of fence/barriers near populated areas and official border crossing of the US-Mexico border.

So there's the assertion about "MANY mexicans [sic] are in favor of the wall", then there's this assertion about a "southern border wall" between Mexico and Guatemala. Are you just making this stuff up as you go or what?

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/18/2019 10:47:34 AM

Migrants smash through Mexico's southern border.

Video evidence is a bitch huh?

Oh but now he'll say: 'thats a fence not a wall' lol but when he talks about neighbors in his hypothetical situation, its a wall.. Same thing there bud. Border security. Its needed and this video shows EXACTLY why

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 247

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I