Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7039&start_row=1

YOUR PARENTS

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/16/2019 1:41:02 AM

who had Christian parents?

What do they think of Rastafari?

Do you love your parents? And Honor them?

How important should parents be in our lives?

IVERYONE PLEASE ANSWER

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/18/2019 3:32:42 AM

who had Christian parents? - i had a Christian mother and an agnostic father (now deceased)

What do they think of Rastafari?- They didn't/don't really understand or pay attention to much about H.I.M. or RastafarI ways

Do you love your parents? - Certainly

And Honor them? - Yes, however i should note that i was blessed with well-intentioned and intelligent parents who never physically abused me nor did they ever do anything deliberately to mess with my head

How important should parents be in our lives? - Not sure how important that they should be, but if you grow up living with them, they are hugely influential in one's life whether they should be or not.

Seems like maybe you have a reason for asking these questions? How did you answer them?

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/18/2019 12:28:53 PM

Parents are not Christian. They raised us without forcing religion on us and allowed us to formulate our own thoughts.. Since then, conversations have shown they have serious questions about any sort of spirituality or God and creation.. More focused on work and entertainment than exploring theology.

My parents know nothing about Ras Tafari other than dreadlocks and ganja and have zero interest in hearing anything more about it.. Dont want to hear my 'conspiracy theory bull shit'.. Lol it all gets lumped into that one term.. Roll their eyes when I say 'the system'

Yes I love my parents. They have done so much for us. I honor them in the since of the moral values and work ethic they instilled in us; but go against them with personal beliefs and actions.. They are quite dissatisfied with many of the things I do and think..

How important should they be? Well thats a tough one, I just made them grandparents and so they are involved with that; but what we eat, what we think, what we do, kinda just dont talk about it anymore.. Not worth the arguments again.. We enjoy their company and appreciate their love of my child. But have to keep em at an arms length..

What about you?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/18/2019 1:33:28 PM

My mother is Christian and Father Rastafari.
Love and Honor them both
Religious belief is if no concern to how I Honor them and live in their example and teachings.

This thread was a bait.

Haile Selassie being of a different religion to Rastafari (as Rastafari are not Ethiopian Orthodox) is of no REAL relevance to I in the same way it isn't for I mother. Yet I still love Honor respect and live by their teachings and example. Religion is just personal belief. It's the person, their actions and their moral code etc which is important. Sure this may be somewhat shaped by religious belief. But I believe my mother would be my mother whether Christian Muslim or Buddhist. The only difference being with certain cultural customs. But the same person and same consciousness

Rastafari don't have to share His Majesty religion.

Thank you for taking the bait

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/18/2019 1:41:12 PM

Doesn't seem like you were "baiting" (which i think of as carrying a pejorative connotation) so much as seeking personalized information to formulate examples of your position that are relevant to an individual's personal experience and, hence, sometimes easier to comprehend. I&i happy to contribute some info for that.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/18/2019 2:08:05 PM

I think you should brush up on your "Haile Selassie being of a different religion to Rastafari (as Rastafari are not Ethiopian Orthodox)" bit as this 'gap' has long been bridged and fully seen.. Here's a term to start with, sealed locksman.. Like Bob Marley in his last days calling out to Jesus and being recognized by the EOC.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/18/2019 3:29:30 PM

Yes he sold out.

Ethiopian Orthodox DOGMENTALLY do not claim HIM as the almighty. There are other fundamental differences.

Why do people keep telling me about bob Marley when question Rastafari

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/19/2019 3:35:38 AM

"Why do people keep telling me about bob Marley .."

Brothers like me cite Bob Marley frequently because he was among the Song Prophets (arguably the most prominent) who carried His Majesty's Name and Teachings to people all over the planet via the New Song -- a New Music that found its way into every little corner of the space occupied by Imanity. He was a teacher.

I&i see a very ingenious & poetic miracle in how JAH used Music to spread His message throughout all Imanity in a peaceful way that could not be effectively checked, countered or defeated by the Babylon System.

The personage of Bob Marley (e.g., Black mother & white father) serves a living symbol and reminder of the Inity of all Imanity, and the foolishness of racism & bigotry.

Reggae music is very inspiration, reaching deep into the human psyche and instilling much Love and Wisdom.

That's why i think people keep telling you about Bob Marley in association with RastafarI.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2019 5:35:07 AM

Bob Marley is no different to any other Rastafari singer. Only different in the fact he chopped his locks and lost his meditation before passing. He is not a prophet by definiion of the word he didn't prophesize anything. He is no higher than any Rastaman.

Ethiopian Orthodox and Haile Selassie were not of the same fundamental BELIEFS as InI:

"Archbishop Yesehaq, head of the Kingston chapter of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church inJamaica, was initially sent toJamaicaby His Majesty to establish the church and to dispel the worship of Selassie.

“Selassie felt that if he personally commissioned someone to start a church that worshipped Christ and not himself, the Rastafarians would follow the true Christ.

“It was these reasonings and many others that eventually brought Bob Marley to be baptized into the Ethiopian Orthodox church by Yesehaq. This conversion is well documented in Jamaica heavily criticized by many Rasta"

Finally, Bob Marley is often quoted in this forum in response to I mentions of Black Supremacy. Yet Bob Marley directly made a song about black supremacy quoting it exactly. Ones can't use Bob Marley to take the BLACKNESS out of Rastafari or use him to ignore ones like Burning Spear, Johnny Clark, Niney, Dillinger, or others who constantly talked black ipreme

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/19/2019 6:35:57 AM

I&i heard rumors of Bob being baptized before his passing, but have never really paid much attention. For many RastafarI (as we've seen), Christianity and RastafarI harmonize well together and are not mutually exclusive. Never heard of him renouncing JAH RastafarI, but even so it doesn't really matter because Babylon can propagate and/or contort anything through its global media to smear a man and his true message, and Bob definitely was a thorn in the side of the Babylon System.

What matters is Bob's musical gift to Imanity embodying the Teachings of His Majesty, One Love, One People, Inity, Oneness of Imanity, Righteousness (and the antitheticalness to it of prejudice), and ways to conduct one's self in Righteousness while moving in the trod through Babylon. His musical legacy honoring Haile Selassie I, JAH RastafarI Idureth with immeasurable value for present and future generations.

Like most words, the word "prophet" has varying definitions based upon common usage; but it's pretty safe to assert that, in all cases, the I-dentity of a spiritual teacher or wise man as a prophet is in the eye of the beholder for whom he does or does not function as such.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I