Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7034&start_row=21

Fighting Against the Babylon System versus Violence

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/14/2019 2:51:32 AM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/14/2019 2:56:40 AM

Invitation accepted, brother.
I&i concur that our differences are far smaller than one might have originally perceived at the beginning of this reasoning.
Well reasoned, Garvey's Africa.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/14/2019 2:58:27 AM

Dubskin- African

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkwInc_j3DU

What yall feel about these lyrics and who Selassie was adressing as to who qualifies as a African...HOw far back does ones ancestors have to be generation wise before we become something else? 100 generations...5....200.....10...1000.....10,000....1 ...When does a immigrant...or one who migrates out of Africa become something else other than African....is it however long it take the climate and environment to change the physical features of bodily expression of the genetic phenotype?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/14/2019 3:48:46 AM

jessep86m,
You raise a point with much merit. A theme I&i consistently advocate is Inity of JAH Idren over divisiveness based upon earthly/physical classifications. A widely accepted theory among anthropologists is that Africa is the geographic origin from which homo sapiens spread across the earth (and according to which all humans are of African heritage). I&i feel my African roots very deeply throughout my soul although the appearance of my skin is lighter than that of my southeast Asian and Central American daughters. I&i tend to see the I-dentity of "African" as being one of a person's soul and consciousness, and not one based upon place of birth/residence and/or skin pigmentation. Nevertheless, i acknowledge that it is the latter which dominates the usage of "African" in the common vernacular.

JAH LOVE & INITY

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/14/2019 4:31:11 AM

It is still important to make sure you are not denying ones of a nationality as part of the MAAFA tribe it is important that we have these differences as I represent a group of people who's identity has been stripped and somewhat lost. So the idea of PanAfricanism is critical for I and there can be no mistake or misunderstanding in that definition. It is in this instance where the idea that we are all Africans an be dangerous and harmful

We cannot forgot that His Majesty was the first African leader to open the doors of repatriation for Africans scattered within the diaspora post slavery and colonialism. We cannot confuse this to assume this was addressing all human beings on earth but quite clearly InI Maafa

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/14/2019 5:06:11 AM

We must never forget or lose sight of the lesson of the Black Holocaust during which millions of our Africans brothers & sisters suffered horribly and died during the journey of captivity from the West Coast of Africa to America the Babylon. It is in this kind of crime against Imanity, or those committed against the Jewish people of the twentieth century or the Muslims of the 21st century, that our Oneness as JAH Idren becomes all the more important and that our non-spiritual divisions become secondary. The nation of a man's origin or the color of his skin are inalterable and undeniable facts of the worldly reality in which we dwell; however, in the struggle against Babylon, the less readily apparent reality of the Oneness of all Imanity must made to take precedence over our worldly differences if we are to put Our Vision to Reality in the victory of Good over evil -- the Triumph of JAH Love over the Babylon System.
If an embrace of, and pride in, one national identity and/or race can be harmoniously coupled with the Oneness of Imanity so as to provide I&i additional strength in the struggle, then that is a beautiful resonance.

ONE LOVE, JAH PEOPLE OF ONE FLESH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I