Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7033&start_row=1

Sino-African Partnership: A ray of hope

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/7/2019 12:50:40 PM

This is so inspiring (see Trade Winds between China and Africa YouTube video link below). For centuries, Western imperialism has controlled and exploited Africa through maintaining poverty and under-development, and by fomenting divisions and violence among Africans. But in the 21st century, a new powerful foreign influence has arrived on the scene in Africa: China.

China has grown to have the largest economy in the world and has had the foresight to recognize that it needs to look to the future to find new markets for its businesses, and secure human and natural resources for its expansion. China has recognized Africa’s potential; however China has a distinctly different approach from the West when it comes to getting what it needs from Africa. China’s approach is founded in its belief that fruitful long-term foreign and business relations are rooted in cooperative initiatives which foster sustainable mutual prosperity for both China and the national societies with which it partners. That means investing in other countries and sharing risks with them in an effort to improve their economies as well as the overall living standards of their populations. This is markedly different from the West approach which has focused on keeping African countries poverty-bound and dependent on Western largesse.

Rather than simply installing and bribing the next dictator of a country, which the West has routinely done in Africa for generations, the Chinese seek to gain the trust and loyalty of the African people by demonstrating that they are sincerely committed to improving their countries and their lives. This approach is not rooted so much in Chinese altruism as it is in pragmatism and priorities -- it’s less expensive, more lucrative, and more sustainable in the long run to build relationships based upon mutual trust and benefit than it is to continually play dirty tricks, and engage in violence and thievery.

Naturally, the pursuit of this mutually beneficial approach throughout Africa for well over a decade has begun to bear fruit for both China and its African partners. While the West (and Washington especially) has continued applying its old imperial formula in Africa of fomenting division, violence and terrorism; staging coups/regime changes and installing corrupt puppets; and engaging in exploitative business practices that “take, take, take” from Africa while returning nothing except more weapons and U.S. military bases; the Chinese have been promoting viable businesses, building infrastructure, sponsoring cultural, technological and educational exchanges, and leaving local politics to the sovereign nations to decide for themselves.

The West is livid over China’s successes in Africa and has vowed to double-down to undermine China’s “win-win”, mutually beneficial initiatives there. A huge disinformation campaign is already underway suggesting that China is using its investment in Africa to lure nations into debt traps (this evidence-free accusation ironically being broadcast in the very nations which are homes to the most predatory, “debt slaver” lending institutions on the planet). Expansion of the deployment of “weaponized” Wahhabi terrorism into Africa is being used by the West to destabilize its countries, disrupt Sino-African economic initiatives, and provide the pretext for U.S. military basing and intervention. Covert efforts by Washington to undermine democracy and fix elections throughout Africa in order to install its political stooges are on an upswing. Eyewash initiative to throw more “aid” money at Africa are also being hastily prepared. In short, the West is doubling down using its old playbook.

But this time the outcome may be different. Africans (who are regarded through the racist lens of the West as ignorant and readily manipulated) have been treated with respect by China as equal partners in their economic development and as independent stakeholders in their own political affairs. Washington underestimates the power of an African populace that has tasted this kind of respect and benefited from it. Rather than securing the loyalty of bribed dictators and despots, the Chinese have secured the loyalty of many ordinary Africans who have experienced the real, tangible improvements brought to their lives through China’s foreign policy partnerships in Africa. The same old playbook isn’t going to be as effective as Washington and the rest of the West think.

YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k42eqzZWg5A

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/8/2019 6:02:14 AM

This seems like propaganda. Africa doesn't need partners. Africa can stand alone. In the Carribean we see the same neo colonial Chinese takeover happening too.
One only needs to look at what happened with Pakistan and Sri Lanka and how they ended up heavily indebted to China.

"European colonial exploitation in comparison to Chinese exploitation appears benign, because even though the commercial exploitation was just as bad, the colonial agents also invested in social and economic infrastructure services Chinese investment, on the other hand, is focused on taking out of Africa as much as can be taken out, without any regard to the welfare of the local people.” (quoted in Scott D. Taylor’s “The Nature of Chinese Capital in Africa, Current History, May 2018, p. 197)
- President of Zambia

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 1/8/2019 10:18:45 AM

This seem like good news, but then again I don't trust China investments. I can't remember the amount of money they are willing to invest in Jamaica, but the amount of it was very high. Why though?... When a country invest in another country it's really for thier own interest. Money bring greeds, and evil. Even though Africa do need help... but still (sigh...) The foreshadowing of this story is not giving me the right energy. Let's all remember that Babylon can sneak into things that might sound good. I do believe Africa can and will rise up on their own. When though? Some say war, Some say peace? Well... all I know from the rich and from the poor when all the black Africans come together and help Mama Africa things will be much easier. It's so easy for the LGBT, cyber bullying,etc to be heard. But this whole time Mama Africa been crying. Overall if China really do have good intentions to help Africa then so be it. Thank You China!

JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/8/2019 11:19:31 AM

Two points here:

First: Yes, China is investing in Africa for its own benefit. That much I clearly acknowledge. My point is that the Chinese model of foreign investments recognizes that it will not derive substantial, long-term benefits from it African investments & relationships unless genuine, long-term improvements to the economies and living standards of its partner nations are realized. That's different from the Western imperial approach. The fact that China is also benefiting doesn't not preclude the genuine benefits to Africa --just the opposite. That's whole the point of the long-term "win-win" initiatives.

Secondly, everybody benefits from caring partners - whether it's you, me or Africa. It makes no sense to re-invent the wheel when Africa has a developing nation (in China which has just been through a process of rapid development itself) from which to gain through shared experience and technology. Anyone making the blanket statement, "I don't need any help" is simply engaging in foolish pride. The Chinese have shown themselves to be good and genuine partners in most cases (i.e., there are always a few bad apples in any barrel) and i can dig up a dozen positive comments about their contributions to the real economic development in Africa for every disparaging one i find.

It's important to recognize that if you come from the USA (Under Satan's Authority) like i do, then you've been subject to a lifetime of relentless anti-China and anti-communist propaganda. You distrust and dislike China, and you don't even know why (i.e., you've been effectively programmed to). I&i manged to break through some of this imposed programming by reading extensively about Chinese history, economic development, and business philosophy.

Yes, the Chinese are exporting a lot of primary products (i.e., raw materials) from Africa, but unlike the West, they're paying fair prices for them and creating a lot of employment in Africa to better distribute through the population the wealth that they are importing in return.

There are many aspects of Chinese governance and capitalism which i do not endorse. As a ,matter of fact, unfettered capitalism sucks and China's implementation of it brings with it the some of the same Babylonian implications as the West's. But at least the Chinese aren't bringing more war to Africa like the West does. And at least ordinary Africans are seeing improvements to their lives which make the trod a little bit easier and give them hope. If it's the Chinese or the Russians or the Iranians doing that, I don't care. A good thing is a good thing, and a lot of what is happening in Africa as a result of Chinese investment is good for large numbers of ordinary Africans who never before have benefited from foreign investment.

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 1/8/2019 12:16:44 PM

You made good points. But sometime being overprotective is a good thing. Remember the white men didn't took over Africa physically or mentally. They took over Africa spiritually. Africa is already struggling I just don't want no unknown conspiracy killing off Jah ithrens. Ask yourself this, would China let Jamaica or any black countries in Africa invest and add buildings in their country? Plz correct me if I'm wrong. And Nesta maybe you are right my dislike towards China is probably because I was born in the US, and my parents are from Jamaica. Maybe it is the subject to a lifetime of relentless anti-China and anti-communist propaganda. Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture of China.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/8/2019 1:51:44 PM

Rasmi,
You bring up an interesting point that i do not know the answer to so i did a quick search and came up with an article from the United Nations about Africans investing in China. [In my travels i've personally met a number of business people from India doing business in China, but not Africans.] According to the 2015 UN article "Africans also investing in China", African investment in China as of that time stood at about $14 billion (which isn't trivial).
https://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/august-2015/africans-also-investing-china

i've spent considerable time in Africa and my real point in all of this is that i know people there who will be happy to finally have electricity in their villages or be able to ride over a nice smooth highway or on a nice high speed train. Big projects like that just probably weren't ever going to be built by American or European interests which look mainly for short-term payback and profits. i don't have any illusions about the Babylon money system or it being some great Jah-send for the people of Africa. i just like seeing Africans being treated with respect & being lifted up a little for a change instead of always pushed being down deeper into the mud by the USA & its vassals.

i should also note that i live in Southeast Asia and find white America's anti-Asian racism to be just as reprehensible & repulsive as its anti-African racism. I&i just see people as people, and try to learn about their cultures and values and try to show them respect. China is a very big place with a culture that's several thousand years old. It's nearly impossible to grasp "the big picture of China", but the first thing to recognize is that Chinese values are dramatically different from Americans values, so you really need to erase your preconceived notions about China if you want to begin to understand it.

BTW, i've visited Jamaica a half dozen times over the years to stay with my friends there since my first pilgrimage to that beautiful island in 1984. i love Jamaica (JAH-make-he'e) and the wonderful Jamaican people.

JAH BLESS YOU -- LOVE & PEACE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/9/2019 3:21:17 AM

Nobody has addressed China's effect on the two countries they went into before the African Livespora in Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Marcus Garvey proto Rastafari pillar, tells us Africa for the Africans.

Down with colonialism in any form

Saying 1 slavemassa is doing things better than another slavemassa CANNOT WORK in the name of freedom.

Freedom and independence. SELF SUSTAINANCE in the long term can never be outweighed by short termism or pretty highways and sidewallk

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/9/2019 5:33:51 AM

Yes, but as i mention GARVEY'S AFRICA, the caring hand of a brother offered in sincerity to help you in this difficult trod through Babylon should never be slapped away out of pride. JAH Love through interactions, and people helping one another on the way, is the connective tissue that ties JAH People together and strengthens them. We mustn't let the devil put our minds in such a way that we look only for the negative in every action. Even though i am a life-long RastafarI, i've accepted help that was sincerely offered to me along the way by people of all colors, nationalities, religions, and politics persuasions. This has made all the great difference.

I&i no need to live in I-solation. JAH People are everywhere --on every continent, in every nation.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/9/2019 5:39:59 AM

From the Africans within the continent that I have spoken with on the subject, they agree 100% with Brother Garveys Africa. I take that as an indicator that, regardless of what any of us outside the continent think or the rationalizations we make for China's moves, their presence is unwelcomed.
I look at Tibet, a country completely ravaged by China. Monks whose pure lifestyle makes them target for robbery of organs. Whole communities that have run from their own country into India in order to escape China's hand in their home. I look at China itself, a place where people are so crowded into polluted cities that they have become accustomed to wearing air filtering masks on a regular basis. Where people that I personally know have left because of its harsh laws and unfavorable living conditions. None of this is a fate I want to see in Africa!

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/9/2019 5:51:22 AM

I&i heard much feedback from Africans which is the exact opposite: very grateful for a genuine helping hand and the realization of progress over stagnation. i guess it all depends on who you talk to. Clearly, all perspectives are represented in a large population.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I