Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7008&start_row=1

Romantic Love: to encourage or to burn out?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: wildwomb Sent: 11/5/2018 3:23:56 PM

Does romantic love have a place in rasponsible livity?

I and I strive to live the best for the higher purpose, devoting life to works, Iducation, ital nutrition, self-care, and meditation. All is perfect, I am content.

Or I was until I met him, the Glorious Rasta Man whose words and teachings have blown my mind and captured my heart.

We have met 4 times now within 6 months and with each meeting I feel a stronger romantic energy that is more intense than anything I have ever known before.

Today I spent the whole day dwelling upon this Beautifully Benevolent African King while feeling incredibly alive, blissful, sexual, and inspired.

**What is the right thing to do?**

To encourage these romantic feelings of "falling in love" or

To burn them out and redirect the mind towards works?

Is romantic love just an illusion and a distraction?

Is it healthy to deny natural sexual feelings?

Above all I and I desire to live well and don't want to waste JAH precious life on false things.

Please advise.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/5/2018 10:46:45 PM

wildwomb,
Go with the flow. By all means experience the love. Drink it in. Enjoy it. Celebrate living your life. Nothing wrong with experiencing romantic love. It's a Good thing whether it last a week, a month, a year or a lifetime. The spiritual touch of deeply loving another human being is definitely a very Righteous and Holy act.

JAH LOVE. RASTAFARI.

Messenger: Queen Nyakakhuluvyako Sent: 11/6/2018 5:20:52 PM

Encourage feelings of love to revitalise the works. Build networks with inspirational people like that benevolent brother. Feel strengthened by the love.

Collaborate with that King, he must be feeling empowered by wildwomb positive energy and appreciation. If I and I words and teachings can inspire feelings of such intense love and aliveness then the works are effective.

Say yes to good things.

More love.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/7/2018 12:29:01 AM

Well said, Queen Nyakakhuluvyako, very well said.

Messenger: Aisha Sent: 11/8/2018 3:17:38 AM

if you are ready to make the commitment of marriage to each other it could be a positive step in your life. without this commitment you may defile and hurt yourself with romantic love.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 12:18:29 PM

Roman antics. Yet how could Rasta deny sexual feelings if described as natural? As a trod of natural livity. For Bible dwellers extra maritial intimacy is punishable by death yet marriage in the eyes of Jah vs marriage in the eyes of the legal system may be two different thing.

I wonder how this turned out for Wildwomb. And and interesting name for such a topic

Bless up sistren

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 2:00:11 PM

As a RastafarI, my position is unequivocal: "marriage in the eyes of Jah vs marriage in the eyes of the legal system" ARE two different things. The legal system is part and parcel of the Babylon System. But I&i understand that the true Bible thumpers are likely going to disagree with me on this.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/28/2019 2:18:24 AM

Hail

I thought I had responded to this thread a while ago, but I guess I only did so in my mind. My thoughts were very similar to the I Garveys Africa. "Roman""tick" is not exactly the word I would use to describe soul Inity, and physical oneness which results in Life.

And that is my main thought on this topic. Life. If all our ancestors had denied sexual feelings as a part of nature and love, none of us would be alive. Sister Wildwomb you would not be alive if your mother and father had denied sexuality. If you value your life, then why deny the next generation that life? Especially if you are a Rasponsible and honorable, healthy human and your mate is also such, why not bring more Life into Irth?

This is not to say that we shouldnt also care for the lives that already exist. I am fully supportive of righteous ones n ones who adopt or take care of children they didnt genetically contribute to, I hope I can do that one day also. But I dont think we have to do that instead of procreating and passing on our own lineage. Both can work together.

So in general I think sexuality in its right timing is a great thing and resulting Life is a special experience that should be encouraged.

More Life
More Life
More Life
Eternally

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/28/2019 2:24:12 AM

Truth, JAH Child!

“With every bomb that they drop, every home they destroy
Every land they invade
Comes a new generation from under the rubble
Saying ‘we are not afraid’
Dem will pretend we are few
But with each child that a billion mothers bear