Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=700&start_row=1

Books.......

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/13/2005 12:52:59 PM

Rasta Far I...beloved I-munity

completed a story of Harriet Tubman what an i-spiration... Site. She was called Moses by many ones. The woman had a sleeping disorder wrought upon her by a severe beating by her slave master. Yet in her fleshly life she fled the south and over the course of her life lead over 300 other slaves out of the south by night through the bush withot fear of "babylon" conscious of all her movements that she relied soley upon the POWER of the I-ration of the Most High, never considering her own personal safety cuz she sited INI covered that already. She had been called "genereal' and often referred to as a man, becuz of her strengh of body and mind. She served as spy and nurse during the civil war WIthOUT any compensation, funding it by her own labor. Even those Lions, John Brown and Frederick Douglas were humbled by her tenacity and confidence. She feared NO-thing and therefore NO-thing stopped her from her destiny. She has been described as Clarivoyant becuz she SITED VISIONS and acted upon them....In her times of so called "worldly troubles: she "EXPECTED deliverance when she prayed , unless the lord ordered otherwise, and in that case she was PERFECTLY willing to accept the I-vine I-cree"

A quote that struck me was written by FB Sanborn, MA state board of charities..

""I regard her (Harriet Tubman) as, on the whole, the most extraordinary person of her race I have ever met. She is a negro of pure, or almost pure blood, can neither read nor write, and has the characteristics of her race and condition. But she has done what can scarely be credited on the best authority, and she has accomplished her purposes with a coolness, foresight, patience and wisedom, which in a WHITE MAN, would have rasied him to the highest pitch of reputation. "

Consider that this was written by a white man and so to read between the lines of what incredible ras=pect he had...

So for a quick read full of soul rad "the historic Biography of America's Joan of arc, HARRIET TUBMAN, The Moses of her People." By Sarah Bradford. It is written so youth can Overstand it.

This being womens' I-story month I read the lives of ancestors. Any ones have a suggestion ?

Blessed Love rasta Far I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/13/2005 1:13:24 PM

X the book..

INI give thanks, for 360 degrees of truth.....

from the river to the sea is how we are moving it..

onelove

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/15/2005 12:42:57 AM

Give thanks for Jah people who do Jah works.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/16/2005 11:34:37 AM

Belove dones and ones....Rasta Far I
Haile I Selassie I

This morning I awoke to a new beautiful day again and INI give thanks and Isies to the most high of I-ration, INI heritage of who INI without lack and filled with abunDANCE ALL WAYS....

I completed the Book
"THE VEILED GARVEY, The Life and times of Amy Jacques Garvey" by Ula Yvette taylor. and blessed love, rasta, Ras B qwueste dupon Marcus Garvey.....See reasoning MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY

I was so blessed to site this book at the PUBLIC library cuz I refer to Amy Jacques So often in female reasonings due to her editing of her helpmates speeches in "The Philosphy and Opinions of MARCUS GARVEY" book...AMy Jacques did not have a charmed life as the wife of Marcus Garvey. KNOW that becuz of the acceptance of her destiny and her self LESS ness, Marcus garvey's words (the message of the mOst High) was continues on after his death and the work of the I-nification continues on. OH how I bemoan when queens criticize and cry about thier king men as thier inept leader. Oh how I cry that so many queens do not see the POTENTIAL of InI within thier own bodies. TO much fussing and fighting.

Queens are that-"queens", not necessarily Wives of kings of the earth, Not concubines nor secondary human beings. Each ones has a destiny to LIVE out to the GLROY of the MOST HGIH Rasta FAR I. ONE WITHOUT FEAR...What a sad reflection when ones live in fear of the the ones they call kings and are complacent to remain VICTIMS of the SYSTEM of Babylon and then to trade in to be "VICTIMIZED" by thier interpretation of the movement of Rasta Far I in its "RULE AND REGS" of this clothing and that hair and that dress length-totally missing out on the spirit of the livity and following blinly these "LAWS" of man.. What a embarassement.

The only victim is the one who choses to stay victimed in mind and body to a $Hit$tem of downpression by accepting the leadership of another. The only Leader that any free human being has is I-ration....Rasta far i(NO FEAR) Haile Selassie I(Power of the trinity) the tirnity is not some sort of relgious fiure head, it is a triad of balance body/ mind/ soul as well as prophet/priest/king as essential as mother/sister/queen, INI speaking about the human garments for the spirit- form u check? Not any symbols...but the REAL AWARENESS of TRUTH REALTIY manifesting in Livity. TRUTH/LOVE/JUSTICE

That is I fiyah today for all ones and ones. Victims and victimizer, so if the cap fit wear it.

ANYHOW.. in regards to AMY JACQUUES GARVEY...This book was written with a lot of research to overstand the person hood of the Woman who was essentail to the Movement of INI people. AMY and Marcus were of the same mindset. You check. They were apart more often than they were together and together they were two of the most important human figues of the last century. Not limited to black unity in the west, but essentailly for the Pan African Movement, world wide. They grounded the confidence of black men(male and female) in the USA and eurpoe, by the message that they were never fearful to expose. This seeded the movement for independence on the African continent, civili rights in the USA and liberation of the caribbean. MArcus Garvey did not ever see Afrika, however he has been welcomed as its son, as the UNIA roots brought forth the liberation of African nations in the middle of the century with Ghana.

Amy Jaques Garvey was born in JA as a colored (light skinned) woman in a bourgeious family and could have easly lead a life of material comfort and rest. Her destiny was to lead the unification of balck people through out the world. She wrote extensively, orgainzed not only the administatration of the movement, but was also constantly orgainzing funds to keep the movemnent going as well as funding her husband passion for the unification of black consicousness. And sistren, it is a reality that ones and ones must take on this respondsibility without any sort of appreciation or validation... IT IS REAL so ones and ones must get over the myth of a daddy who is gwana take care of your business, bredrens and sitrens.

When Marcus died in London in 1940, basically she and marcus were separated physically and intimately, HOWEVER this did not stagnat nor did it STOP thier destiny of AFIRCA UNITE...Throughout the bovious dispasspiontmetn that she expereinced and he as well, She was the help mate that continued to address the bigger consicousness of INI people. ANY bitterness was NOT publically expressed to conpromise the Movement... that was left for the detractors.

Amy Jacques as a female faced chauvenism and would not be silenced and it is evident by the inclusion in the movemetn after the death of Marcus. Highly raspected first as a wife of Marcus Garvey and later as his humble but outspoken mouthpeice, she by her own truthful words sounded out power that is the roots of Garveyism, leading to the Civil rights movement, and black power actions.....which Rasta all embrace. She Overstood her palce and embraced it passionately not apoligzing to anyone. She was a wife to a very "big" man and she stood by him even when it seemed he was undoing what she was building up for him.....It is true that she left London, but it was not for the sake of Leaving him, but for the sake the health of thier son. SO as a mother she took that rapsondsibility very seriously. That bond not to be broken. And as a mother of a son of a a big man she did what needed to be done, for the movement of INI people, free of the "insitutionalization" of the bond called marriage. thier Marriage transcended proably thier own awareness of one another.

I-self site it would be difficult to CHOSE to live the life AMY JACQUES, as well It would be Difficult to be Empress MENEN in ll thier glory in looking back.SITE> Rasta forwarding on ...ok so ...KNOW that the the so called "fame and fortune" of these women is overshadowed by thier tremendous unSLEFLESSNESS and unrelenting committement not souly to the kingmen on earth, but to the RIGHT FUL king of I-ration.....Yes sistren and bredrens it is a choice to live up or to give up. Ano INI not living the life of amy or mene, but the livity that is INI, cuz those queens and sitren already lived thiers so that InI can livicate INI livity of I-Ration. Every one "THINKS' that ones burden is the heaviest......

the hardest the battle the sweeter the victory.

A little quote from the conclusion of the book

In this biography , I have studied her published writings, her private correspondence, and the HISTORICAL context to reconstruct and represent an Amy Jacques Garvey who reflects her person-a woman who embraced her own thoughts, acknowledged the worthiness of her own ideas, and massaged her rhetoric into an impressive canon of Pan-African discourse.......(she) was not merely an emissary for the co-founder Marcus Garvey, but labored daily to keep Garveyite ideas in the forefront of black nationalist and Pan-Africanist conversations after his demise. This (LIV)-cation was no easy feat considering the "haters" of black people in general and MArcus Garvey in particular. She defended attacks against Garvey the man and Garveyism the ideaology by rebutting critiques at every turn. THE FACT that Garveyism today is so pronouned today is due primarily to the life-long work of Amy Jacques Garvey. her effort resonate in the Rasta farian movement, the Nation of Islam, the Moorish Science Temple, and a variety of political sects thatthat pay homage to Garveyism." Page 235, the veiled Garvey, the life and times of amy jacques garvey,

OVERSTAND bredrens and sistren, that this is not a either or, for or against AMY nor Marcus.. this is not a for nor against man or woman , becuas INI all MAN, male and female. Site. reading this book and the others on Garveyism and the Philospohy of et. al, ones sites the tenderness that AMrcus Garvey had for his queen. In his personal correspondence one sees the truly tenderness and affection that they had for one another rasspectfully It does not diminish his strength as a strong black man to intimately humble before his queen. Nor does it diminish her courage to humble before her king publically.

While is may seen tragic that in thier last year they did not speak out of hurt, this did not deminish the destiny to uplift all People of color to a place of royalty that was bigger than them selves. Either way they both suffered from thier own stubborn ness which may have been the fiayh to keep thier consicousness focused to the movement rather than the romanicism of sexual intimacy. Sreuly thier conscious intaimacy for the cause of african upliftment left an undeniable heritage for INI to build upon. A sacrafice or just the way it was suppose to be..It is what it is. WHO am I to judge INI?

Anyhow, INI close this i-diation. Please utilize the access of reading material at the library if ones cannot share books or purchase them. Empress Menen and AMY Garvey both along with thier kings encouraged self education and self determination......there is no excuse for ignorance.

Check out Ras Ark I postings of the words on this board of ras Garvey and Haile Selassie I.

PEACE AND LOV I BRING TO THE I's peace and Love
ONE LOVE ONE AIM ONE DESTINY

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/20/2005 9:34:02 AM

"Kokomon Clottey has written a timeless book on the wisdom of indigenous peoples. He has made indigenous wisdom readily available to us through the eternal resources of rhythm and sound. If we listen to their knowing and put their wisdom into practice through mindful drumming meditation, it is inevitable that we will unleash the tremendous power of our human spirit."

"MINDFUL DRUMMING"
Ancient Wisdom For Unleashing The Human Spirit And Building Community

"This is a very timely book. It is filled with mystical stories that infuse hope and fosters alternative ways of being in community. It offers ancient wisdom for building a more peaceful world." ~ Sobunfu Some, Author of Falling Out of Grace

"One of the most fundamentally healing things we can do today is find ways to attune ourselves to the great cycles and rhythms of nature. Kokomon Clottey's book is about drumming. But it's also about love, community, and about expressing the rhythm that connects us far more deeply with what sustains us." ~John Robbins, Founder EarthSave International and Author of Diet For A New America, and The Food Revolution

“This is a wonderful and important book - full of ancient African wisdom and methods to help us heal our lives and enhance our connection to others. This book describes the powerful approach of mindful drumming and its therapeutic role in healing. Our health care music therapy programs have evaluated the effectiveness of this approach and found enhanced patient well-being, outcomes, and recovery. We have also found that mindful drumming helps individuals from diverse backgrounds to work together more effectively. This book is engaging and inspiring and yet offers very practical and user-friendly guidance on the power of music to unleash the human spirit and heal. Kokomon Clottey's book is a gift to all of us - mindful drumming continues to help me on my own spiritual journey. Thank you Kokomon.” — Douglas Ziedonis, MD, Mph. Associate Professor & Director, Division of Addiction Psychiatry at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

“This book is a blessing to us all. It brings a breath of fresh air --and Spirit --to our troubled times by opening the doors of our hearts to a path of joy, peace and community building that is as practical as it is profound. Kokomon teaches an ancient spiritual path of "Mindful drumming" that many today can practice. In this way we reconnect with our inborn wisdom and bring our hearts to our daily living. What is more important than that?” — Matthew Fox, president, University of Creation Spirituality - Author of Original Blessing; One River, Many Wells; Creativity: Where the Divine and the Human Meet

"Mindful Drumming is written with loving clarity, simplicity that goes deep into the heart. Kokomon Clottey's words lead us to an extraordinary way of unleashing the Spirit that is within all of us." Gerald G. Jampolsky, M.D. & Diane V. Cirincione, Ph.D., Founders of the Center for Attitudinal Healing in Sausalito and Authors of Love Is The Answer, Teach Only Love & Love Is Letting Go Of Fear.

“One of the most fundamentally healing things we can do today is find ways to attune our ourselves to the great cycles and rhythms of nature. Our in-breath and out-breath, our waking and sleeping, are examples of the many rhythmic alternations that connect us to the great cycles of the living universe. Kokomon Clottey's new book is about drumming. But it's also about love, community, and about expressing the rhythm that connects us far more deeply with what sustains us. I recommend it for anyone interest in drumming as a means to deeper contact with the pulse of live."— John Robbins, Author of Diet For A New America, and The Food Revolution, Founder EarthSave International

"I loved Mindful Drumming! It does a wonderful job of sharing African indigenous medicine in a way that is enjoyable to read, easy to practice, informational and inspiring." — Tom Soloway Pinkson, Ph.D. Author of Flowers of Wiricuta: a Gringo's Journey To Shamanic Power

"Mindful Drumming is an insightful and inspirational book. It will bring a community together in consciousness for a rich experience of joy, peace and healing.” — Judy (Turtle) Kessler, Elder from the Oglala Lakota, - She walks the red road as a way of life.

“The biggest problem librarians will have with Mindful Drumming: Ancient Wisdom for Unleashing the Human Spirit and Building Community is deciding how to classify it. Mr. Dewey himself would not know where to put a book that covers so well spirituality, multicultural studies (especially West African), community building, moral education and music. This book is so valuable (and such a delight to read) however that it is worth whatever it takes to find it's home in your library and your heart.” — Marcia Lovelace, Librarian -- Tehiyah Day School

“In an age of high-tech, high-pharmaceutical solutions to the problems in our lives, Kokomon's teaching offers us the simple remembrance of the roots of our being and the ease with which we may connect to a wisdom in whose embrace we are immersed. In today's escalating turmoil, the peaceful contentment often pursued in desperation, is but a drumbeat away.”— Sheldon M. Sperber, M.D., Psychiatrist, Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 3/20/2005 11:35:36 AM

Greetings

Readng a few different ones right now...

I have been reading a lot of books dealing with slavery in early medieval Europe for my final paper for my degree.

Also reading a book about Chinese immigrants in California for a class...man, they had it rough! Anti-Chinese legislation for years. Humbolt County, N. Cali., LEGALLY didn't let Chinese back in until 1974 after they were all kicked out back in the 1800's.

For my spiritual/philisophical pursuits, picked up a copy of J. Krishnamurti, "This Light in Oneself".

Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/20/2005 1:39:04 PM

true that, iwas talking to this lady and she says it still hard..but she gave me good insight....onelove

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I