Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6983&start_row=1

How to best spread the message

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Satchmoe lone Wolf Sent: 8/20/2018 3:07:56 AM

Hello all,

I'm looking for guidance on how to properly spread the RastafarI message. I overstand that being Rasta is about being spiritual and religious all at the same time (please correct me if that is wrong). However, I'm beginning to take a stand for the I because the I may have its faults, but we're human. Don't get me started on the faults of the Christian Catholic Church... Nonetheless, people, in general, believe that me saying I'm Rasta, just means that I want to smoke weed and get a free pass for it. No, not at all, I personally have told myself its time to put the good herb down for a while because I don't want to jeopardize my opportunity as an athlete both drug testing and being in shape wise. All that being said, how do I properly explain what it means to be a Rastaman or Rastawoman to those that are ignorant? I'm not trying to convert anyone from their beliefs because who am I to judge anyone or to say that my beliefs are better than theirs? But at the same time, I feel disrespected whenever someone says "oh so you smoke weed huh?", as if that is all a Rasta is. Maybe I have anger issues or am too confrontational in certain situations, but one thing I cannot stand for anymore is someone disrespecting God, whether you're Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc. I think being Rasta is just accepting that we are all human, born under God, through Jesus, and through Haile Selassie I. we are taught how to live so that one day we can be welcomed into the kingdom of heaven. Also, being Native American I understand the importance of being spiritual which is what I believe inevitably led me to this point right now. Any and all advice, criticisms, prayers, guidance, and wisdom are most definitely welcome and will be greatly appreciated in this thread. May Jah continue shining his ever so bright light down upon all of us and may we never lose sight of the One, Most High, Jah, RastafarI.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/20/2018 2:16:30 PM

Seems to me like you’re getting yourself together, S. lone Wolf. In my experience, there’s no real way to spread the message of RastafarI per se because most people just aren’t going to comprehend that Jesus fulfilled His Promise and came again as Haile Selassie I. But that’s okay. If the subject comes up, you acknowledge that as the Truth. Most will look at you like you’re crazy, but that’s okay too. YOU know and understand the Truth and JAH will use you as He sees fit to do His Work.

JAH sey: “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a New Name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.”

You are one who hath an ear, brother S. lone Wolf. Not everyone you run into “hath an ear” (in fact, most are not listening).

Your most important mission as a Rasta is to walk in Righteousness and be an ambassador of JAH Love (always ready at any time to extend a Loving Hand to a brother or sister). We are all One People, One Flesh, One Heart in JAH. Be a voice against downpression, racism, nationalism, bigotry, violence, the Babylon System and hatedread of all types. That’s the best advice I can give you on spreading the message.

And never forget to “Seek ye first the Kingdom of Jah and His Righteousness” and everything else that you needs in your Life will be added unto you.

JAH. RASTAFARI.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/1/2019 4:01:49 AM

You don't need to explain faith. Show your works, that will explain faith. If someone asks for words, then give some, just not too much. Words can become too much, but not works. Works are the evidence of true faith, not words. Wise words mean nothing if not spoken by one that lives those words, we learned that from the "Catholics"

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/1/2019 9:04:49 AM

Truth, well said, jessep86

We show who we are and what is RastafarI primarily through our acts--the works of our hands and hearts. Not so much by words, which can sometimes be misused and misunderstood.

Each act of Love Idureth & multiplieth many fold in countless ways.

JAH LOVE

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 1/1/2019 12:13:02 PM

Rastafari is full with a huge dynamic of mystic energy. A culture of love and righteousness. Carrying Jah light, and spreading it through the valley of death. The "I" seek for truth, so the "I" look to Africa for answers.

Jah RastafarI!

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 1/1/2019 10:34:27 PM

(Sigh) I read this topic wrong.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/2/2019 12:34:28 PM

Rasmi,

You may have misread the topic, but I&i still like what you said.

JAH LOVE

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I