Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6952&start_row=1

Rastas in Babylon and the Sabbath

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NewRas Sent: 5/25/2018 2:47:23 PM

Greetings and love,

I'm curious if the brethren in babylon observe the Sabbath. I don't have any brothers in faith to observe and give thanks with, but I do try to reserve the Sabbath for studying and enhancing my personal understand of Rastafari and human history in general. I'm wondering if other brothers not surrounded by the faith are observing the Sabbath and how the I gives praises on the day of rest.

Blessings and Peace

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2018 8:54:15 PM

Strength and guidance NewRas.

Yes, it is good to observe the Sabbath. To take rest with Jah in mind on the day He set for us is a blessing. Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." It is good to be with people in Jah faith but as you say, some of us are unable to gather at this time. Therefore, personal study and reflection may be the most appropriate way to spend the Sabbath. Personally, I generally commune with Jah via the sacramental herb and give thanks for life by being with my family and taking care of household duties. Maybe I should focus on being that much more productive during the working days to have everything taken care of so when Friday night and Saturday come around, I can fully rest and study more.. It is always good to hear of others recognising the Sabbath and growing in knowledge and faith.

May the Lord of Lords and King of Kings join us in this time!

Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/3/2018 10:40:21 PM

Greetings and love I&I
Rastafari

As an Iritical Impress (bible studier but non-follower) I am not obliged to reserve any days for rest/spirituality, but instead try to integrate the higher frequency state of existence into every second of every day... Through all tasks and all events being mindful of my true nature as a soul, being loving to all creationkind, being in an inner state of peace. I do reserve at least one hour per day, every single day, for spiritual practices and relaxation measures, and in doing this I find great Inity with the Most High, beautiful joy and th+ankh+fullness.

This being said, we on the forum used to have a Saturday reasoning session, where we would meet in the live chat room and share reasonings for a couple of hours. The group disintegrated slowly and the meetings stopped happening, but I would be happy to reinstate that strongly (weekly) meeting.
Anyone willing?

Beloved oneness Ivermore

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/4/2018 1:12:33 AM

So I really relate to this post. I live in central Kansas in a rural community. People recognizing Ras Tafari is virtually non existent; especially if we hold that to being in acquaintance with more than just reggae music. We get some crazy looks from folks here.. Now, just this last Saturday night (June 2), a city a little over an hour drive from IandI called Wichita had Stephen Marley play a 2 hour set for their annual river festival.. Let me tell you! This was a GREAT show. He had everyone attending (only for a 10$ general admission fee into the festival, basically a free show) moving and vibing in the name of Halie Selassie! He brought everyone together to sing along to Bob songs and finished the last encore by saying "ONE LOVE, ONE PEOPLE"..
Living in the USA, I pay attention to the political and cultural environment. Times are turbulent to say the least.. To have this show in central Kansas at this time is like injecting a powerful healing dose straight to the heart of Babylon.. This was outside on a street corner, a public festival. We had old farmers, military vets, rednecks to hippies, many races of people and a surprising amount of dreadlocks, most of them manufactured bathroom locks as it were, and some natty dreads including yours truly! The political/cutural narrative fed to us by corporate media would have most people feeling that the demographics i just described could never come together in celebration of common ground and love.. But I tell you it happened, it was electrifying, and it happened by singing praises to Jah Rastafari Halie Selassie I on the Sabbath.

Love

Messenger: NewRas Sent: 6/4/2018 5:01:02 PM

Peace. I can understand where the I is coming from. I Imagine that InI's different backgrounds and studies bring InI to different understandings and applications of the word. I can not imagine observing the Sabbath every week is possible in the babylon system. I&I also agree about putting ones nature into all works and daily life.

"For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. For when gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience bears witness..." Rom.2.13-15

ln His Majesty's autobiography, in his Proclamation (pg. 40) on July 21, 1913, he states "Hiterto work on the Sabbath was forbidden; now you will, in fact, be punished when found working on the Sabbath."

For I, it seems necessary if I am to call myself by his name (Rasta) I should follow His Majesty's teaching and foundation laid down before us. I suppose in my personal trod Iman lean more towards an Orthodox style of worship while still trying to live it in I day to day life. Iman currently in the process of letting go of unclean actions/behaviors in order to purify I temple to be closer to Jah (i.e. fasting, leaving meat, quitting tobacco). and I hope to one day be able to proudly wear the robe (much like the Bobo) as a symbol of a way of life that is both natural and void of sin. Rastafari.

But until I change I lifestyle and maintain I path, I see it necessary for I to reserve the Sabbath for intense study and reflection as to be a symbol to the people later of a better way of living.

One Love!

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/3/2020 5:08:12 PM

Question:

Which is the ONLY COMMANDMENT of the 10 mentioned in Exodus 20 & Deuteronomy 5 that starts with the Word: "REMEMBER..."

Heart of Love to One and All;

Heart of Sabbath Preperation to One and All;

Heart of Sabbath to One and All;

FROM ZION TO EARTH - HAIL PRINCE EMMANUEL THE FIRST!

MY GOD IS REAL : KING EMMANUEL THE 7:TH ADONI-I GOD JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/15/2020 11:06:31 PM

Take a day off, we not slaves or serfs no more. Remember our ancestors who were and remember the days that brought freedom. We are rulers of our own destiny now with none above us besides the almighty

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/15/2020 11:06:34 PM

Take a day off, we not slaves or serfs no more. Remember our ancestors who were and remember the days that brought freedom. We are rulers of our own destiny now with none above us besides the almighty

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 4/16/2020 3:23:50 AM

If you mean not working, I observe that every day.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I