Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6790&start_row=1

Reggae Music

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I-Man Sent: 3/31/2017 7:45:26 AM

Hello Jah people,

Greetings in the name of His Majesty,

What are your favorite reggae singer ? I know it's not a conscious question but for curiosity i'm interesting about the preference of JAH people about reggae !

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/8/2017 6:17:45 PM

#1 - Sizzla Kalonji a.k.a Honourable Priest Zion

Ps. BUN REGGAY

Messenger: Jãhkhãnån Sent: 6/1/2017 12:42:01 PM

I don't listen to reggae. Reggae trend or fashion has never been a part of I and I ancient black culture and never will.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/1/2017 10:16:46 PM

But music has.

Messenger: Jãhkhãnån Sent: 6/2/2017 12:30:12 AM

The religious chant, yes. Reggae,no.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/4/2017 9:39:58 PM

Reggae has done more for black liberation then you or I alone ever could. True you dont know the power that the conscious dancehall used to have in the black community. Or how roots music transcends generations and has evangelised the righteous messages of Rastafari to InI brethren and sistren across the globe who may never have heard so. True you refuse to bare witness to the healing power of conscious chanting.... MUSIC full stop has always been a part of african history and culture. Cant reason with I say a burning spear isnt a big part of why so many people today say Marcus Garvey

word sound and power my brethren

Messenger: Zion Jerusalem Sent: 6/4/2017 9:53:57 PM

Then why is Africa still in a similar condition, if not worse, than it was decades ago?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/4/2017 9:58:18 PM

not because of conscious artist and soundman

try white supremacy
try crab ina barrell
try ignorance toward InI own culture as the reasons plus more

things which the rigbt form of music can fight against

you say things are worse.... in a time where conscious reggae music is less available to the masses. So how can IT be the cause of destruction

Messenger: Zion Jerusalem Sent: 6/4/2017 10:17:25 PM

One of the reasons a lot of African people don't take reggae on a serious note is because the ganja smoking makes the reggae movement seem like a big joke, I don't know if you have seen it too, but personally I have. Reggae is only used for entertainment purposes by a majority of people right here, so it could never educate them.

Messenger: Zion Jerusalem Sent: 6/4/2017 10:47:00 PM

I thought convening meetings for educational and enlightenment purposes within the African communities would do a much better job than reggae.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I