Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6759&start_row=1

The use of ganja

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jay4891 Sent: 1/15/2017 11:56:31 AM

Hi my name is jay,

Okay so The problem im facing is that i feel like when i smoke ganja im using it as a drug even though i know that it comes from the earth and i do get insights and perspective from it. But the way i see it is that anything can be a drug for example some people are addicted to gambling even though gambling itself isn't a drug but because of how they treat it, it serves the same purpose as one.

If you ask most people why they smoke or drink or anything its usually because of some hardship in their life. So thats what makes it a drug, the fact that your using it to get away from your life.

So this is the predicament i'm in. I dont want to stop smoking ganja but i feel like im just using it to avoid my problems. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 1/15/2017 12:51:17 PM

Stop smokin for a lil time

And re-smoke and enjoy !

Selassie I Bless Up

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/16/2017 7:14:19 AM

It's not what you do but HOW and WHY you do it. It's about mindset and perspective.

Some smoke weed to get buzzed. Others partake in the sacrament for meditation purposes.

Ganja will typically highlight or magnify ones state of consciousness. It is the healing of the nation.

I Man makes a good suggestion. Perhaps best to stop smoking it until you overstand it's medicinal and spiritual properties.

1 Luv

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/16/2017 10:32:29 AM

As an avid Ganja lover, I havent smoked ganja in over 6 months.....

As stated, the best method is to take an extended break away from it and then re evaluate your use

Remembering ganja come from south asian and middle east areas originally. Ganja has been used within Eastern African culture for up to 2000 years and yet we have no evidence of InI using it for smoking from before the past 1000 years. Meaning the uses stretch far and wide beyond the smoking of such... Also realising smoke consumption in any form is technically not ital and its repeated heavy long term use can cause health problem maybe not from the herb itself but the smoke...Balance

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 1/16/2017 1:07:33 PM

So smoke to be "High" and not te be "Fuck up"

When ya smoke ya'r in perfect serenity n love, you can have an Ilevate Consciousness, when you're in Nature wid some Ganja or, When you listen good music or with friend.

So much love fi you mi brother

Messenger: Jahkhannun Sent: 6/1/2017 3:09:09 AM

Ganja is a dangerous weed. I have experienced its wild effects when smoked. Now I would rather eat food and drink water than risk my sanity taking another draw from the evil chalice.

Messenger: Jãhkhãnån Sent: 6/1/2017 5:38:07 AM

It is proven that ganja alters the smoker's perception of reality and imagination. Besides that, the idea of smoking is not natural. God made man with a mouth to consume food and medicine and water, all that is required to sustain life in flesh. And if ganja should be consumed at all, then it should be eaten as food,preferably in its fresh, raw and natural state, as heating or cooking it activates the mind altering components which prove to be a danger to one's sanity when taken in excess. Activated marijuana should only be used medically in treatment and management of diseases and conditions, and should be consumed orally as activated extracts of the plant, rather than smoked. This way the patients' sanity won't be risked as only a little ganja medicine is needed each day.

Heating or cooking cannabis also destroys the medical value of the herb, bringing it down to zero. Eating raw and fresh cannabis leaves and seeds is therefore the best way to consume the herb and utilizing all medical benefits and a whole bunch of nutrients and vitamins and proteins without getting stoned, or high, or an altered perception.

Smoking anything could do a lot of harm to one's lungs without the knowledge of the smoker. I smoked ganja heavily and frequently for many years and recently I realized that I could not do heavy laborious work for a long time, while some years ago I worked for a much longer time. My lungs do not take in enough oxygen to replenish that which is used to burn up energy in my flesh, and I tire quickly, nowadays, as I feel dizzy in the head, like I am going to faint, and have to lie down and rest.

Because smoking ganja destroyed my lungs, I have to seek natural medication to heal and restore my lungs to health.

Raw marijuana is packed with nutrients and vitamins and protein(seeds), - which are burnt up and wasted in smoke - and would be a perfect option to cultivate in arid areas of Africa, like Northern Kenya where people are suffering and dying from hunger and famine, as the wild herb requires little maintenance and grows well with little water, though it would do better if irrigated.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/1/2017 10:21:10 PM

^ You have no problem with vapourising ganja then? As your problem seem to be with the smoke. Many modern vapourisers have no smoke at all. And a steam chalice is similar. Consider aswell you maybe smoked too much from papers and didnt exercise enough

Also... Psalms 18:8

Messenger: Jãhkhãnån Sent: 6/2/2017 12:27:22 AM

Vapourisers never existed in the past, they are a modern invention. And since a chalice pipe was used then, I used a chalice pipe, and and walked enough rounds through the neighborhood as I sold herb all day to be considered worthy exercise. I eventually stopped using rolling papers and stuck to chalice pipe. I never realised this problem before, and only realised it when I tried to perform hard labour, which I did quite well in my previous years and early years of smoking.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 6:17:33 AM

Website never existed in the past neither BUT HERE YOU ARE. lol. Not just any chalice pipe but a STEAM chalice with water a bubble... means less smoke and the smoke that is produced is cleaned but its more a vapour thing.

Its sad to hear your health problems still but good to know you find ways to overcome them and find ways to meditate without herbs.

Yet there are many cases of people who smoke steam or vapour regularly with no health problem and stay fit

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I