Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=675&start_row=1

I JAL JAMAICAN KITCHEN

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/1/2005 5:33:32 PM

I stoped at this restaurant to eat, today.I seen it had the color high, but i never had a chance to get in until today.I meet a man name TUTU and at frist I did not talk i just leasoned to him and the owner(and cook) talk.Then INI tell you that JAH send the man in to come talk to me ( and I he).He gave me the run down on the up north rasta(some is cain you know).After we talk for a minute. I got my food and I have to tell you it was some of best soul food i have ever ate.I thank JAH for opening NEW door. RASTA in this time.

one heart of love

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 3/4/2005 7:43:17 PM

Greetings Yes Iya Blessed Love everytime!

Rock, I'm just curious...when you said "Rasta up North" are you talking about Rastafari in Northern (very northern) California? What is that the I knows bout dem Rasta children up north? Are there communities or communes of rasta?
Raspect
Joseph I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/4/2005 10:57:31 PM

"Rock, I'm just curious...when you said "Rasta up North" are you talking about Rastafari in Northern (very northern) California?"

Yes Im at the very top! There is 3 cities here and one more before you get to Orgeon...

"What is that the I knows bout dem Rasta children up north? Are there communities or communes of rasta?"

From what I know and what Ive seen .. is this, first I went out looking for people that had the colors or the dreads tried to see if there was any EOC or Rasta communions going on. I found some leads I got in contact with one guy out here but most of the things that I found seem to be more on the Reggae concerts and things like that. I went to this city called Arcata, this is were there are lots of College students and hippies and said to be Rasta's .. were they hang out. I met a guy who was engineering for some players of instruments at a farmers fair. He gave me some information but I did not find too much openess. I went into a store that had a Lion of Juda in the same square were this farmers fair was held. They had alot of books about Nyabing but still not alot of openness. A couple months have gone by and I just said to myself, InI is a nomad so I dont have to seek out communion I just have to seek out communion with myself and my children. I saw some Rastas walking around by the square (The center of this city Arcata, Old Town) I go to the tape stores and listen to the drummers at the square so I wait a little while and some times I see some white rastas, some black rastas, them got long dreads but they dont seem to open, so I just let that ride at the same time, I had always went by this restraunt (in Eureka) curious, becuase of the colors flying so high I went in and had the conversation I had with this man TUTU... he said that some of the brethren here is Cain so you just have to watch for that. I have not been really openly welcome, nor am I seeking to necessarly be part of this association, still I always love to get and give positive imput were ever it can be found. Thats about all I know about this up north .. hope it answered your questions. If you have any information about Rasta's up here (North) let me know.

Respect
One Love

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/14/2005 4:21:16 PM

Respect to them that put the PIC of HIM in the ARCATA old town, much love dread a dread again....

onelove

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 3/14/2005 8:48:34 PM

Give thanks unto the Most High Jah, Rastafari!

Rock, give thanks for your story and comments. InI am just curious myself....I see a lot of dem Rasta people at the Sierra Nevada music fest every year...and have also heard that there are communities, mostly of light-skinned Rasta up there...That fact there does not seem to be openess though, vibes and all...hmmmmm....
One Love
Jah Bless
Joseph

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/15/2005 9:36:06 AM

time will tell,i do want to say, that it is very beautiful up here,god have a reason for makeing things the way they are.I give thanks cuz i have never seen anything like it out here truely JAH country...we just have to keep a eye open for cain and his workers(the coneheads)...

with jah on my side who should i fear.....
we fight them with this onelove vibe, and we won't stop.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/18/2005 1:00:43 AM

Blessed Love Rasta Far I
Site the I Bredren Rock....Did the I an dthe queen link up with the sistren April ?

bless Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/18/2005 9:15:48 AM

Give thanks, i and i will have to get out to Oakland to see her.She is very nice.I give thanks again.Are you going to be out here anytime.
These are the days when we trod thru babylion, you know.

onelove

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/18/2005 10:45:33 AM

Bless breddren Rock, Rasta Far I

I plan on trodding out there sometime this year. Veding this summer would be a blessed thing, as now I am working on things and things.When it comes to that ini will link up, be blessed. oh how good it it for fellowship with breddrens and sistren in one accord. I am very familiar with that area.

Hail up the sistren for I.

Keep up the livity bredren and don't let any-thing including any human dread or not dread distract the I from the trod of I-ghteousness. NEVER. Keep that great attitude of openess to the natural world. The i sites the beauty up there and so site the PARADISE of I-ration. Many ones living in the Shity surrounded by gropups of people have isolation as well. So bredren, its all relative. FOr real. Imagine that ones is dropped from birth to that place without information of the rest of the world.....How would one sustain and live to maintain the JOY of LIFE EVERY MOMENT.....Just imagine that every day is another birth of Eden.....NO past no future. Just TODAY in al its radiance.

Every day is a trod through the streets of Babywrong and EVERY MOMENT is abundant of ENERGY from the most high to be untouched in spirit by the noise and pollution of those negative streets. Move in FULL NO-LEDGE of of a-BUN-DANCE...Prosperity.

Enjoy the fruits of reality in the Natural world of the northern woods of CA. Nature is the TRUE Just-US. Surround ones self with those positve ones and ones, regardless of dreads or not , regardless of verbalizing of "rasta" or not. Rememeber wolves are very clever creatures and so they wear thier sheeps clothing as well as Hollywood actors play thier parts.

Rasta is of the body(word) mind(sound) AND heart(POWER)---ALL IN BALANCE......none of those stand alone and walking deads still can talk so BE -AWARE of INI and those deads are jsut that dead ghosts making bumps in the night of our thoughts without any power over us, unless one feeds them. Feed INI daily on the bliss of gratitude.

Keep being HAPPY
Ras TaFari (NO FEAR)
Selassie I (Power of the trinity)

ALSO, Check out the Anderson Redwood Forest. It is a truly a mystical place.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/18/2005 10:50:55 AM

love to the I....

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I