Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6710&start_row=1

Rabies

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/24/2016 10:38:50 PM

Love + Honor I&I
Any Iyahs know about the signs of rabies in dogs, how to distinguish compared to other sicknesses (if any exist w similar symptoms)?
I know about the typical mad behavior and mouth foaming... Can anyone describe these symptoms or others in detail? Such as, thick foam or fluid foam? Anyone seen it in person before?
Give Ise

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 11/29/2016 1:09:30 AM

MoFyah!

Ises Queen, not sure bout the foam consistency. Ini think its thicker?.
what ini recall anything affected will have SEVERE phobia of water, and will not go near it at all. There is a test available

JAH BLESS

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/30/2016 1:28:05 PM

Seen bredren, give Ise

Messenger: Israel Sent: 12/4/2016 8:36:32 AM

Why do you want to know about rabies?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/4/2016 4:44:48 PM

Greetings + Selahsay I Love
Israel are you JI, John Israel?

I asked this question regarding rabies because I had a dog who appeared to be exhibiting signs of rabies. The dog was getting worse and I had resolved to euthanize the dog, I wanted to make sure that it would not be in vain. There is no test for rabies, other than a post mortem brain cell dye that will detect rabies after the animal dies. After deciding that the dog almost certainly had rabies and he has to be put down, no one was able to capture the dog in order to euthanize him, and then he ran out of the yard. He has since not returned for several days. I do think he probably had rabies because he was always a friendly and trusting dog until very recently, he began exhibiting extreme signs. Now I am just hoping he died quickly on his own before spreading the rabies to any other animals.

JAH Itection

Messenger: Israel Sent: 12/4/2016 8:07:08 PM

Israel is my name. Unfortunately I know nothing about rabies.

Messenger: Israel Sent: 12/4/2016 11:08:00 PM

How do you feed dogs?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/21/2016 3:35:59 PM

This is a lesson for I&I...
The dog in question, as I mentioned, after increasing symptoms and severity, had been sentenced to execution, but ran out of the yard before anyone was able to capture him.
He returned a few days ago, in perfect health and with his friendly attitude restored.
The dog did not have rabies, which is an incurable neurological virus, but he was about to be killed because his sickness was similar in appearance.
Possibly he heard and Overstood the talks about his death sentence, and decided to seek a safer place to recover from his illness. At least he didnt hold it against us, because he returned and is a great and happy little companion once again.

To answer John's question,
We feed him raw meat, primarily cow or goat, along with some scraps from our own Ital meals, he will eat shuro and injera or some other cooked veggies occationally. He actually LOVES the seeds and juice of raw tomatoes, so I give that to him as a treat.
As a plant based eater, it was a big decision whether or not to bring meat into I&I gates, but ultimately that was a choice that was made before bringing the dog home. I&I wouldnt try to feed a dog strictly vegan food, especially because those stray chickens flying into I&I yard have no chance, the dog gets them and breaks their necks in 30 seconds flat, so the dog is gonna make sure there's meat in the yard whether or not I bring it there.

Ises + Love

Messenger: Ras Jesus Sent: 12/22/2016 9:09:51 PM

.Call me Bobo,
Its pleasant news that the little soul is all good, nuff thanks and praise to God. I've never considered keeping dogs I self and thought they are better off living in the wild. I love them, however, and would make a home for them, a lot like their wild home

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/5/2017 11:23:59 AM

Ganja smoking is evil in deed.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I