Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6703&start_row=71

Meaning of Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/17/2018 9:56:14 PM

IPXninja, I'm re-posting the following for you because it sort got lost in the thread and i'm not sure you've seen it:

Greeting in the Name of the Ilestial Emperor Haile Selassie I, JAH! RastafarI!

First let me say this: Truth is ever-constant throughout all Iternity. We are seeking a Truth that is like a majestic mountain; it stands there in all its glory - huge, immovable and unyielding. That mountain does not morph and change according to our individual will or opinion. Some will try to mislead by teaching that everything is relative so sometimes ‘good is bad’ and ‘bad is good’ - but that’s the teaching of those who desire to deceive because there is such a thing as Truth which is not relative and moldable to our whims.

When I&i trekked in Nepal many, many years ago, i obtained different paper maps of the Himalayas which were drawn both in Nepal and in Tibet. As i located a particular mountain on both maps i was surprised to learn that the mountain had a different name on the Tibetan map than it had on the Nepali map. i was immediately confronted with an image of two people pointing at the same mountain and arguing over the correct name for it. Of course it’s the mountain itself that is important, not the name assigned to it (which is somewhat irrelevant). Arguing over the correct name of the mountain is like arguing over the Name of JAH or how we conceptualize Him. The mountain can be viewed from many different vantage points and each will reveal a different perspective. The irony of Tibetan and Nepali people arguing over the True appearance of the same mountain would be obvious; they’re seeing it from differing perspectives.

We RastafarI call God 'JAH' and know that He is incarnated in the living man Haile Selassie I, Emperor of Ethiopia. To reach this knowledge is a journey. This Truth of RastafarI does interfere with the Truth of other perspectives: The mountain that the Nepalis view from the south and call Manaslu is not the “right one” while the different-looking mountain seen by the Tibetans from the north and called Kutan I is the “wrong one”. They’re both looking at the same mountain.

Who am i to say that someone who seeks a path to JAH in this very difficult life and finds it through Allah is “wrong”. That would be the ultimate arrogance and stupidity on my part for i am very small and do not possess in any given moment a knowledge of All Things (even though we are connected to and part of JAH who realizes All Things). As His Majesty put it so beautifully:

“Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths.”

“ We wish to recall here the spirit of tolerance shown by Our Lord Jesus Christ when He gave forgiveness to all including those that crucified Him.”

“In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by.”

“No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of the ways of God.”

– H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I

From your words, IPXninja, i sense one who is sincere in his quest for Truth. The journey to Truth is, in may ways, analogous to climbing a mountain: it’s a long journey, it’s arduous, it can be dangerous, there are setbacks at times, there are many different routes that one can take, and perhaps most of all - one must be very patient, walk slowly and carefully and pace one’s self. Be ready to quickly admit that you are wrong at any point, backtrack and make a course correction. Never let vanity or false pride cause you to continue to pursue a wrong path up the mountain simple because you are concerned about the humiliation of having to admit you were wrong and backtrack. Don’t really worry too much about what others think of your climb to Truth because they are also doing their best to work through this complicated Life and have no basis to judge you and the path you have chosen. In the words of the Song Prophet Bob Marley: “Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy.”

You are absolutely right that there is an energy that we all share, that animates us and gives us Life. We RastafarI call this JAH LOVE and it is embedded within the concept of Livity. Since we are all JAH Children and infused with His Power and Love, it’s kind of a futile question to ask, “Did we create JAH or did He create us?”. Such mixed perceptions comes from the very fact that we are infused with the blessing of His Majesty’s Love and Life, and at times our minds flash on the source of that Love as being within us (for it is both within and without). I&i reminded of the words from “Forever Loving JAH”:

“So, old man river
Don't cry for me
I've got a running stream
Of Love, you see
So, no matter what stages
Oh stages, stages, stages they put us through
We'll never be blue”

Your humility is refreshing IPXninja and speaks to me of a fine character. You do deserve to speak, IPXninja, and your opinion is valuable. You are one of JAH’s precious Idren and no matter how you conceptualize JAH LOVE there is a very personal element to JAH LOVE in that it flows into & through you. As Life progresses you will witness again and again how, against all odds, the Hand of JAH intervenes in the most remarkable ways to guide and protect you. Your understanding of Truth will evolve and, even though none of us can wrap our minds around the entire Truth or maintain it in our consciousness for more than a microsecond, we can come to a strong relationship of peace and harmony with His Majesty and Truth.

Sorry that I&i have been so wordy, but your words inspired me to take some time and energy to respond to you because, as they say in Nicaragua: “Vale la pena” (roughly translates as “it’s worth it”).

WE ARE ONE PEOPLE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I