Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=665&start_row=1

When Strangers come to our Villages

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Osiris Sent: 2/25/2005 6:24:52 PM

Greetings I,
Found this post from an interesting thread on:
http://www.africaspeaks.com/articles/2004/racemixing.html

Just wanted to know what the I's think about what Ras Marcus has to say here.

Posted by Ras Marcus
June 09, 2004

Greetings with much humble standing. There must be some kind of guide lines, as to who is qualified to be going around, calling themselves Ras this and Ras that, Empress this and Empress that, RAS and Empress are very dignified Titles, with great responsibilities and livity, for one to live up to, when one take on such title upon themselves.

The RASES AND EMPRESSES of the RASTAFARI movement, must work seriously to create social and economic advancement for the movement, so that the hungry can be fed, the sick nourished, the infants be cared for and the elders or aged be protected. This must be done so that we are self-sustained with the necessities of life, for to depend on the things produced by others, will not bring about self reliance and mental freeman.

When strangers come to our villages bearing gifts from time to time, these gifts may be accepted if our people are in desperate needs, and since gifts blind the eyes, the needs of our families may become the priorities, and very soon this stranger will be welcomed in our villages, and will also be smoking the peace pipe, and be talking the talk of RAstafari people, and before long, become the authority of the village, by using the regular tactics of divide and rule, it won't take long for there to be contention and division in the village.

The strangers whose fore fathers, raped, robbed and kidnapped our people from Mama Africa, can be useful in the great struggles for the liberation of African people, but they must be told what is their place in the struggle, their place in the struggle, is to accept the genuine truth, that their ancestors did and still is committing a grievous and criminal act against African humanity, and then they must work to correct this act as they live from day today. They cannot expect to come to our villages, and influence our sons and daughters to go to bed with them, which will eventually make them a part of our villages, the elders of our villages, should have the spiritual fore sight, to see when things are going in that direction and apply preventative measures, but if the elders of our villages, are living in poverty and needs, their eyes may very well be blinded, by the gifts which they continue to receive from these strangers, elders are human beings and they do make mistakes.

The point which I am trying to make, is that the Rastafari Movement has become a multicultural religious movement, instead of the African liberation movement which it use to be in the early days, and some of our own people are to be blamed for this international disaster. When strangers come to our villages, we must tell them what crimes their fathers committed against our people, and let them know that it is a serious violation, for them to even think of going to bed with our African man are woman.

It has been said that each nation upon this earth, must stay under their own vine and fig tree, if this is true, then India is for the Indians China for the Chinese, Europe for the Europeans and Africa for the Africans those at home and those abroad.

Finally, each of us as a person within the movement must create employment for ourselves and our collective African families, so that we can have money, to help to take care of our mothers, children and the entire African family at home and abroad. People CAN ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL FLY AWAY HOME TO ZION, but while we are waiting to fly away over these many, many years, we will still have the great need for food, clothing and shelter and other vital necessities of life, we are living in a very practical world.

Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART.
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 2/25/2005 7:33:46 PM

Greetings and Blessed Love to All.

InI take issue with this article...as I have with others I have read on the Africaspeaks forum/web site. Why didn't the author just entitle the article, "White People in Rastafari and why they should not be accepted fully as Breden and sistren." ? I mean come on, get real. WHY beat around the proverbial bush with referring to non-Black Africans as "Strangers"??? The author basically implies that it was a "mistake" that Rastafari has become a multicultural, global, international spiritual trod...instead of exclusively an African Liberation movement. For I-self, I sight Rastafari as both of these.

This is for I-self a HUGE issue. InI believe that I (as well as my Queen) have been called to this trod by Jah. At the same time, I-man have insecurities about Dark-skinned Breden and Sistren looking me up and down and making me feel less than I am, and basically saying in so many words that because I am not Black African, I cannot know the livity of Rastafari. FOLLY!!! FUCKRY!!

I do not refer to I-self as Ras or King or any such title. I am an apostle of Jah the Almighty, the Most High, Iyesus Kristos, Rastafari and ancient African Orthodox Christianity. I am not a hippy or just a "white boy a follower"...even though I sight up One Love. I recognize and have always recognized the horrors of slavery.....even before I sight up Rasta. The history of Racism which has been and is so prevalent in Amerikkka has always been a MAJOR concern for me....if Anything, InI see I- duty as a SoulJah of Rastafari to show others (of any race, sex, class, creed, religion, nationality and ethnicity) what the real truth of Jah Kind is. I may not be able to fully comprehend the horror of slavery because my ancestors were not carried in bondage from Mother Africa to US...but I will spend my I-xistence learning as much as can about African history, the slavetrade and will do everything to help my Black breden and sistren realize the dream of a freedom for All Africans, at home and abroad.

I also know for I-self, that my ancestors (from Bogota, Colombia and Ireland) did not participate in the African Slavery Holocaust. So to you my breden who wrote this article, DO NOT ASSUME that every white person who sights up Rastafari had ancestors that were slavemasters. Seen?

One more thing: this ongoing movement of people within Rastafari to divide people based on skin color, nationality, ethnicity etc is wrong. Yes, we need to always remember that this is an African Liberation Movement started by Black people, but at the same time we need to stop dividing ourself. We are all supposed to be on the same side here...and for those people who think that white hippies or white Rases are trying to covert the movement of Rastafari into something else, think again...and do not feel so threatened. InI will tell you right now that I for one am not!

"Jah would never divide us, mankind divides itself" -Morgan Heritage

"It should not be a black or white thing" -Morgan Heritage

Raspect to All.
Jah Bless
Joseph I

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/25/2005 11:31:42 PM

Bredren, I see your frustration. Still, being white one must humble to the black struggle. White skin means privelege in this world. So rather than what happened in the past, it is what is still active today, the white privelege and the many white rasta that are avoiding the humbling to that reality.

It is a serious thing that Rastafari is rooted in the black struggle and this trod is that much sweeter when those who are not black can recognize that without feeling a way, and put their work into reparations and repatriation for black people. Ones must admit, there are MANY culture vultures in this time, and this is why InI must walk through the fyah and not get burned. When Ras look the I up and down and burn a fyah for the I, the I must be confident that the fyah is for the upliftment of the I's Irits. Once you walk through the fyah then ones know what you're about, what is hidden shall be revealed. But if you're dealing with insecurities and don't even sight up the blackness of Rastafari, well then the fyah is very necessary.

Haile Sellassie the First guidance and Itection
Blessed Love

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/26/2005 12:54:30 AM

This article....I dont like it. Dont like it at all. Its like the Ras is trying to flip sides. Like having whites live how blacks live instead of making it equal. This rasclaat business will get nowhere.
Only if we win this war against evil with rigtheousness and goodness, only then and through JAH will we know peace on earth.

No man can tell me that god picks one side over another based on color, race etc.

As far as I am concerned we are all Rasta, some know it and many dont, "thanks" to Babylon.

I personally will not pay for anyone anything out of guilt. I am not guilty of the african holocaust, I am just as much used by the system as anyone else. If I decide to support certain causes then it is out of my firm belief to stand up for what is right and not because someone tells me I owe them something. Members of my family have been chased down as well or worse and I have not asked for anything.

My mission is to better myself and become righteous, and with that I will do my part in the strife for everlasting peace on earth. In addition, I shall spread goodness and JAH love whenever I can.

As long as people divide people by their beliefs and thinking there will be no peace. We can only win this through RASTA, any other way we will fight again

ONE LOVE ONE HEART

Bergy

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/26/2005 7:59:09 AM

Ises!

Just for explanation:
This Ras Marcus is the same Elder who is on the "RastafarI Elders" CD along with Ras Pidow and others.

I know that man's work in the growing of the Rastafari Movement in JA... but I also know this man's opinion on His Majesty... and so I have to say: such men are NOT RastafarI in I view.

I n I know many Rases who trod the black struggle... and I n I come along with those very good... much love! Such as Ras Nathaniel and others, who NEVER forget about their Black Identity and the Black Strugle they have to fight... and at the same time NEVER forget to give nuff Ises unto His Majesty!
When Ras Nathaniel revealed the dirty runnings of some organisations in Ethiopia Shashamane, it was men like this Ras Marcus who told the Ras to take this revealing of the truth back.
This are men who like to do their things in darkness and hope that it will not be seen... because they never know JAH and that NOTHING can be hidden even if they try.

Such men are not the only one who keep the Black Identity up in the RastafarI Movement... there are many who do so and also respect Rases from other "races" and never forget that His Majesty always has priority... such as some EABIC Brethren who quarreled with this Ras Marcus about his non-rasta teachings.

Selah

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 2/28/2005 8:53:27 PM

Give thanks I-tinually to Jah, RASTAFARI!

It is with the sincerest of hearts and from the bottom most part of my humble soul, that I give thanks unto all my Rastafari bredren and sistren on this site who responded to this post, and others in the past.
All of the I's words mean so much to InI...WORD SOUND POWER.

Sis Menen, thank you for your words. I know for I-self, I have always sighted up Black upliftment/consciousness...even before I sight up Rasta. If anything, InI would like to use the white privelage I have been given to further this movement of Jah people....For I know that is my purpose, given to me by the Most High Jah in this I-ration.
Blessed Love
Joseph

Messenger: JahWarrior Sent: 3/1/2005 2:28:34 AM

Greetings!

Although I don't really like this supremacy talk I found RasRootka's thoughts about Ras Marcus' post very interesting:

http://groups.msn.com/twelvetribesliveup/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=15118

Blessed Love!
JW

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/1/2005 6:10:47 PM

I see it like this:

If someone likes to marry someone from another race, I say that is fine. If not, that is fine as well. As long as we just can all get along and make peace!

Rastafari!

Bergy

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 3/1/2005 7:35:14 PM

Agreed, peace should be a goal for all, but certain things need to happen first before peace happens.
Look at the world how it is right now, torn apart by war and conflict, that isn't because peace does not exist, it is because equal rights and justice don't exist. Listen to Peter Tosh on this.
So far on this topic there are good comments by all, but there is another perspective that maybe the I's don't see because of what culture one comes from.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 3/2/2005 11:51:42 AM

Ises!

I am not to shure about if race-mixing is ok. There are bad aspects, and of course also good. The seperation of races is a bad one... the keeping and surviving of ancient cultures is a good one.

But this is not I concern... as I n I is liberated from all earth runnings I n I have nothing to do with this. And as it is said that I n I Endtime Israelites come from all colours and peoples I n I have only ONE RACE... and all who are not becoming Members of this New Race are not overstanding Selassie I message at all.... so all who try to divide I n I chosen children alongside racial lines cannot be respected as RastafarI children.

Selah

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I