Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6629&start_row=1

Haile Selassie I - A Prophet Like Moses

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/27/2016 11:33:45 AM

Deuteronomy 18

18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you (Moses) from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.
19 And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him.

I believe that Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ) was the Prophet like Moses. However, I see great similarities between Moses and Haile Selassie I. So I believe it was fulfilled also through Haile Selassie I.

Haile Selassie I was a Hebrew descendant from King Solomon in Israel. He was raised in an African Royal House. Moses married Ethiopian Zipporah who was one of seven daughters. It corresponds to one faithful Bride among the seven churches in Revelation.

Moses requested Pharoah to "Let his people go", which led to battling their magicians. It reminds me of Haile Selassie I's appearing before the League of Nations before World War II. At that time, discriminating laws against Jews had been enforced in Germany.

The State of Israel was formed in the aftermath of World War II. There was an Exodus of the Jews to the Promised land.

Isaiah 11

10 “And in that day there shall be a Root of Jesse,
Who shall stand as a banner to the people;
For the Gentiles shall seek Him,
And His resting place shall be glorious.”

11 It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord shall set His hand again the second time
To recover the remnant of His people who are left,
From Assyria and Egypt,
From Pathros and Cush,
From Elam and Shinar,
From Hamath and the islands of the sea. (Check the places, fulfilled since 1948)

12 He will set up a banner for the nations,
And will assemble the outcasts of Israel,
And gather together the dispersed of Judah
From the four corners of the earth.

Many here don't care about the Torah but I encourae you to read it or watch a film about Moses and meditate on Haile Selassie I. I prefer the animated 'The Prince of Egypt (1998) since it's not that long.

The film ends with the Israelites crossing the sea and entering the desert. I believe that pictures our time well since the Messianic Kingdom hasn't fully blossomed.

Ezekiel 20

33 “As I live,” says the Lord God, “surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you.
34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out.
35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face.
36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you,” says the Lord God.
37 “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant;
38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

There's certain things that must come to pass. Haile Selassie I is alive and well. But like Moses, no one knows where His grave is.

Deuteronomy 34

5 So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord.
6 And He buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day.
7 Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished.

In Revelation we see another appearing of Haile Selassie I at the end. That is when he openly reveals himself as Yeshua Messiah (Joshua - Moses successor who led the Israelites to the Promised Land).

I'm not sure if this is what brother Bob Marley had in mind when he wrote the following song, since he was a TTI member. But I interpret "the Prophet" to be Haile Selassie I.

Blessings in Haile Selassie I, JAH Rastafari.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/27/2016 12:57:51 PM

When INI speak of Torah and Moses, we must sight this "from behind the spectacles (perspective) of Ethiopia, and retrieve from its original Afrikan Genesis/roots:

The Torah

The Torah is a corruption of "tua Ra". This is the title of many compositions of ancient Kamit. For example, "tua" means "worship, adoration". "Tua Ra" means the "Worship/Adoration of Ra". Hence, Torah.

Moses

Moses/Moshe is a purely fictional character. The life story of this fictional character was patterned after the knowledge of the God Tehuti. The title/function/name "maakheru" is the origion of the corruption 'moshe/moses'.

The term maakher (Moses) in Kamit, meaning "true of voice", one who "speaks/voices the divine law"

...when one achieved a certain level of development in this life (and after death) they were given the title "MAA KHER" (Maa-she). In the "Book of the Cow of Heaven" (The Destruction of Mankind) Ra asks Tehuti to "Come with me to the mountainous region" where men and women would not see them (Ra and Tehuti). Ra takes on the form of a God of Light and is thus called "Ra Aakhu".

- Tehuti (Maa Kher/Maa she/Moshe) goes on the mountain to see the God of Light (burning bush).

- Ra directs Tehuti to "write down what is in the spirit-world". Tehuti is givine the title An-Maat or "scribe of the Divine Law".

- Tehuti (Maa kher/Maashe/Moshe) is instructed to become the lawgiver (ten commandments inscribed in stone) Ra makes Tehuti His Deputy on Earth.

Tehuti governs the pineal gland. We understand that Tehuti/Maakher/Moses/Pineal is stimulated by the light of the Sun (Governed by Ra).

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/kemetic-neteru/13438-kemetic-origins-fictional-characters.html

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 8/27/2016 1:24:25 PM

Yes I RG, alwaying taking it to the rootz! Blessed love.

Also, fuck Israel! Fyah bun.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/27/2016 1:37:15 PM

RastaGodess: I'm very skeptical to your idea. Just because something sounds similar doesn't mean there's a connection.

Torah is a hebrew word that means "law, instructions, teachings" and more. But you are free to believe what you want.

The following is from Hebrew Word Study: Torah

First Use
Regarding the last definition, it cannot exclusively mean 'The Law' as its first use predates the Law and is used of Abraham's obedience to God's revelation:

"...And all the nations of the earth shall be blessed because Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my torah." (Genesis 26:4-5)

So Abraham was renowned and the world blessed not because of mere 'faith' but, in agreement with the early rabbis and the apostle James, because of his obedience to God's torah.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 8/27/2016 5:28:29 PM

Jah Seeker cuts no slack huh!

When words are barrowed from another culture they can take on different meaning, not to negate that they were barrowed tho. "Ex. In my neighborhood we use the word 'bloody' to mean its really hot' which ww barrowed from the British (swear word i believe".

If the Hebrews spent all dem years in Egypt then there are many Kemetu words in the Hebrew language, some kept the original meaning and some applied to their own situation. Some words and meanings get translated and have no meaningful value in the original language.
Ex. Amongst Africans of the diaspora there is a saying of a greedy person as being "big eye". The words are clearly English in origin but the implied meaning has no English value because the meaning is from Igbo translated to barrowed English words amongst Africans.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 8/27/2016 5:36:36 PM

Oh, must say, occording to story I would say that prophet was Johsua! The raised up right after Moses

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 8/27/2016 5:37:19 PM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/28/2016 12:55:04 AM

The Africans Who Wrote The Bible

The Africans Who Wrote The Bible: Ancient Secrets Africa and Christianity Have Never Told

Judaism is the African way of life. Judaism was the religion developed in Africa by African people. It was adopted and adapted in a similar fashion to the Yoruba Orisha worship (Vodoun, Santeria, Lacumi, Condomble, etc) and is still being co-opted and altered by non-Africans today. To speak of an African influence on Judaism is like speaking of an African influence on Orisha Worship. It is not an African influence. It is still African and represents an African way of life.

Statistically, the Lemba people from Southeast Africa are more Jewish than European Jews. In a particular Lemba Clan known as the Buba Clan, 53 percent of the males carry the unique DNA signature of Jewish priests. Males form the Lemba Tribe carry a higher incidence of the Jewish priestly DNA signature than the European and American Jewish population.

Africans are the indigenous Native Hebrews (Jews).  The greatest secret of Africa has never been told, and Christian Europe has been seeking to conceal for the past two thousand years is the African origin of the concepts, doctrines, sacramental practices of religion, and the documents that became the foundations of Christianity in Europe. Did you know that the names of Abraham, Isaac, Esau, and Jacob were all derived from African tribal words and names? Did you know that the earliest “Hebrew” name for God, Adonai, was derived from an African tribal word?  Did you know that other name of God, Yahweh, was derived from an African tribal God? ... Did you know that the names of the authors of the Old Testament are not “Hebrew” or “Jewish” names, but transposed African tribal names?  Christian Europe has never known these because it has never known the African linguistic and cultural side of the biblical story.

The Sinai peninsula is clearly in Africa and is where the Israelites claim to receive their oral and written law.

"What a subject for meditation, just think that the race of black men today our slaves and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, science and even the use of our speech." - Volney

http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/africans_wrote_the_bible.htm

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/28/2016 1:21:38 AM

The ancient language of the Yisra`elites were that of the Ethiopians and Egyptians/Kemetic people. If you look at the language of the ancient people who lived on the land of Canaan which is where Abraham and his military of 365 men, sheep herders, their wife and children, and so forth, migrated too, their language was an Egyptian/Kemetic language. After the time of Abraham, I would say about 600 years later the language changed its form but you can still see the influence that the ancient Kemetic language had on it.

The word Abraham can be broken down into three kemetic words; Ab - Ra - Ham.

The word 'Ab' means "desire or will, divine power of the sun servant" These words combined means "The servant of Ra desire". The word Yisra`el, the grandson of Abraham has a similar meaning.

The word 'Yis' means "divine power of the sun worship" These words combined means "The place of Ra worship".

Abraham, the Semite, and Ethiopian priesthood came from Ur of Sumeria the land of the Ethiopians and moved to Kemet. He was in fact a citizen of Kemet.

http://kemetandyisrael.blogspot.com/2008/04/abraham-who-was-he.html?m=1

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I