Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6619&start_row=11

I AM just a man: Haile selassie I word and Rastafari culture

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yoginya Sent: 8/28/2016 7:50:44 PM

Why would Jah study like Rastafari studied? Jah knows all. Why would Jah have to be baptized by John the Baptist? Jah is pure.
Give thanks to the most I.

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 8/28/2016 10:08:25 PM

Jah baptized ina mani wai cuz wey all Irations of Jah an a few rasta as Iyahbenghe are baptized.

Yes I Jah is so pure and high, an na direct baptized.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/31/2016 11:45:26 AM

There were times when even Jesus held his status as Messiah as secret.

Matthew 16:20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

According to Ethiopian Orthodox teaching "the incarnate Christ has one nature, but that nature is still of both a divine character and a human character, and retains all the characteristics of both" (see Wikipedia on Miaphysitism).

Therefore I think Haile Selassie spoke of his human nature which was not a lie. His human nature emanated from his parents.
As for now He is gathering His chosen people. When the right time comes, Haile Selassie I will be known to everyone as the reincarnated Christ.

Haile Selassie I:
"I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."

According to Rastafari Elders, who have quoted the newspaper Gleaner, Haile Selassie said at his visit in Jamaica:
"Traitors, Warriors, Priests - Be still and know that I am He."

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/31/2016 12:07:38 PM

Here is the quote in the newspaper... (I didn't quote it exactly right)

Listen to the intro of this reasoning:

Bongo Isaac reasons with Ras Flako (Groun'ation Day)

JAH Rastafari, Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Yoginya Sent: 9/2/2016 3:12:32 PM

That makes sense to I, even yeshua said dont call me that when people praised him as rabbi. HIM obviously was keeping his ego in check so his divinity could shine forth. Give thanks ras IanI, Rastafari.

Messenger: Theee Sent: 9/4/2016 7:57:24 PM

Ras ini 7...
Said it well.
We should all take a backstep and look at him.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 9/6/2016 4:10:32 PM

It reminds me of this scenario:

John 18
3 Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons.
4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?”

5 They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.”

Jesus said to them, “I am He.” And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.
6 Now when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground.

Messenger: Theee Sent: 9/6/2016 8:53:11 PM

That was very nice 7.
What makes you so.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 9/7/2016 5:41:18 PM

dear bredren 7, i was wondering whether there is a certain point in the interview where he talks about that specifically. if there is, could the i tell i what minute.give thanks.

Messenger: Theee Sent: 9/11/2016 9:29:58 AM

The King said, He is a man of flesh and blood. Though am not 7..
He also wants you to know other things.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I