Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6619&start_row=1

I AM just a man: Haile selassie I word and Rastafari culture

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yoginya Sent: 8/14/2016 8:29:36 AM

greetings I man. The eye has been I liberating the words of his majesty and the bondage many of our idren and sistren have find themselves in and I am hoping to clear up some of the confusion as Jah has done for me.

as we know in the days of His Imperial Majesty the Rasta hailed him as God incarnate and Haile Sellasie replied with "I am just a man". I have come to an overstanding that there is no disagreement between these two statements. as it says in the teachings of yogi and Buddha when one reaches enlightenment there is no good or bad, no you or I just one. Haile Sellasie had a well rounded enlightenment and within enlightenment one must maintain a clear mind free from ego both positive and negative, this I feel is the reason he said "I am just a man". but yet he had achieved divinity and has set a bright example for his fellow man and is therefore Jah Rastafari: one whose higher mind( The Conquering Lion) Has defeated the lower mind (the dragon) and allowed the lion to reign over the physical realm. thus making him one with the creator and God incarnate, but not to be seen as different as all men were created in gods image and therefore have the same potential as Haile Sellassie I.

This overstanding gives me great joy yet is a work in progress, any input would be welcome. give thanks to baba Kali and his book: Haile Sellassie and the concept of enlightenment: the supreme overstanding.

JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 8/14/2016 9:30:33 AM

Yes I, give thanks. Selassie I possessed the ultimate level of consciousness and was one with Jah, was a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the flesh, and showed and taught us how one should live and how to find Jah and do His work. So yes I your statement is true in InI reasoning.

Also, for I, his "refusal" to acknowledge his divine status and position is best described in the Bible, which says that Jah will send a great counselor IN HIS NAME, to lead the people to the teachings of Jah and Jesus, and will not talk about himself or draw attention to himself in that sense. In I eyes, that sounds exactly like HIM Haile Selassie I, Jah RasTafari!

Give thanks, more fyah!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/14/2016 12:06:11 PM

Ises + love
When did His Majesty say "I am just a man" ??
If the I check the actual quote and not just the paraphrase, there is even more to medItate upon in Haile I's words.

Messenger: Yoginya Sent: 8/14/2016 1:06:37 PM

Give thanks IanI
The full quote:
I have heard of that idea [i.e., of Haile Selassie being the reincarnation of Jesus Christ]. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.
Interview with Bill McNeil, as quoted in Transform Your World Through the Powers of Your Mind (2009) by Jawara D. King, p. 295.
This Is another for the I to overstand.
Jah Love

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 8/27/2016 11:54:12 AM

Blessing Lord of lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Juda, HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY HAILE SELASSIE I THE FIRST

Haile Selassie say he's just a man, cuz he's just a man. I think about that since long time. We're all just man. We're all man of Jah. We're all greatly Irators and we're all greatly Divines.

Woud I explain that Jah is de Irator of Irators, Divine of Divines, The Almighty God.

Jesus Christ are the son of God and HIM is the return of Jesus 2000 years later so Jesus Christ and Haile Selassie are two mens with a part of God.

All de prophets and messjah as Marcus Garvey, Peter Tosh, Prof I, Esaie, Joseph, Jacob, etc... Are Greatly Divines and Immense Irators.

And all de oder tings as other humans, plants, clouds, etc...Are Greatly Irators and Greatly Divines.

So yes Haile and Jesus have a part of god, but this two mens are mens, with a part of Divinity, but always mens.

And we're all Irations of Jah, Jah is in Iveryting, Iverywhere, Jah is in Ivery Irations cuz Jah Is de Irator of Irators but Haile and Jesus are the only two souls with a part of Jah in dem.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 8/27/2016 12:09:25 PM

seen except for the last part. Only Jesus and Selassie had a part of Jah in them? wrong. They DID possess the divine level of Jah consciousness and manifested the Holy Spirit into real life, but Jah is within all of InI. It's just about rising to that level!

More fyah,
Selassie I, Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/27/2016 12:24:09 PM

Indeed I-man!

KRST consciousness, "God-like man", or Divine Man is, or should be, the goal of all of INI.

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 8/27/2016 4:17:54 PM

Iman overstand yu yes Jah are in all InI but there are not a complete part of Jah in all things, just in Selassie and Jesus, But Jah give many things and place many things in InI ya know, but not a complete part.

Praises fi de Most High

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 8/27/2016 5:16:56 PM

Woud said I that Jah place little parts of him in every tings, but not a complete part of him, just in Haile Selassie and Jesus.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/28/2016 1:56:28 AM

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.'

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I