Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6600&start_row=21

Rastafari nuh hail Jesus!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/27/2016 7:15:52 AM

Jah seeker the Ethiopian bible is the same babble. People foolishly put special emphasis on it because some think His Majesty translated it himself, or maybe he just recieved it via a vision like mohammed? Some say it is THE original bible. In reality, he had nothing to do with the translatory process, which came from greek and coptic sources...... No different than a any next bible

Somebody said the Bible is eternal. The only thing eternal is Ethiopian and African history. Far-I

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/27/2016 9:55:37 AM

That is very incorrect GA. The Revised Amharic Bible is not drawn from Greek sources but Ethiopic. Check out a book called Ras Tafari preliminary notes on H.I.M Revised Amharic Bible. This short book explains why it was necessary for H.I.M to personally commission and oversee this translation. Yes it is the same book with all chapters but a much more precise and original translation. Special emphasis should be placed on this book of the seven seals because Haile Selassie deem it appropriate and necessary to release it to I and I

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/27/2016 10:23:09 AM

the ORIGINAL Ethiopic probably stems from the Greek which was translated in Egypt called the septuigant and the greek gospels other than probably matthew.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/27/2016 1:27:11 PM

Exactly vdr

Also, "oversee" does not mean he had pen and paper literally translating with the team. Its like when people try and claim King James write his version personally. The King authorised it. Naturally.

As for the bible, the original ethiopian texts are derived from coptic sources and the septuagint. The thing is called HIM revised bible right? Revised from what iah? Secondary is significantly different to original which is a word often thrown around. Ethiopia does not have an original bible new testament torah or pentateuch. Only original people

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/27/2016 1:37:42 PM

And what about all the other esoteric books HIM was well versed in? Let us not forget a point often overlooked...that HIM was also a Mason,which many Christians fell contradicts the bible. Not to mention astrology, astronomy, (also not approved of in the bible), metaphysics, ancient esoteric Ethiopian texts, and so on.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/27/2016 1:39:11 PM

Reason over the background of origins of the first Ethiopian bible in Geez. Where it come from? Not so much the Amharic brethren. Whats the point in Haile Selassie team going so far out to accccurately translate the AMHARIC from the Geez, if the Geez itself was a tertiary/ another translation. You see where I come from?

Blessed - tried to link in a source journal but its a subscription only

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/27/2016 2:19:34 PM

yes i, that is what i wanted the brethren to answer me. He only authorized the translation OF AN OLDER TRANSLATION. Same words, same shit you must swallow and turn a blind eye to if you want to think it is pure and holy. It is not as if HIM wrote the revised Bible personally in his own words, now THAT is something i would gladly ready and sight up!

Fyah.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/27/2016 3:16:13 PM

It is not I that is instructing ones and ones to accept the Bible with clear conscious but Haile Selassie that says so.. On this site I read things like "When the King speaks argument done" but when what H.I.M say conflicts with personal views the argument ensues.. If you wanna say the Bible is "same shit you must swallow and turn a blind eye" then I see some major gaps in overstanding.. H.I.M is a Christian in a Christian nation yes, and just like everything, no coincidence there. JAH know that Ethiopia is THE foundation and come into that situation intentionally and by no accident. If Christ was of zero relevance and harmfully false, JAH would not go to an ancient Christian nation and teach the world of Christ and the everlasting Word during His reign as King. A one can spend a lifetime researching and referencing the Bible and still not grasp all that is within; yet I see people saying that a one or two troubling chapters or seemingly conflicting verses renders the whole document worthless, harmful, and ignorant. H.I.M teach what he teach for a reason. I refuse to think that the only reason H.I.M would endlessly uphold and defend Christ and the Bible is to appease the nation and belief system he was brought up in. He teach it because of the massive truth it holds. There are many Biblical prophecies telling of H.I.M.. Prophecies that tell of H.I.M opening the book and loosing the seals thereof.. The Revised Amharic Bible IS this book.. On and on we can go.. I just want to see Ras Tafari adhere to the teachings that JAH H.I.Mself send.

"Give us the teachings of His Majesty!"

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/27/2016 6:09:43 PM

so how do you accept with a clear conscious when it talks about killing innocent people and babies, rape, slavery....how? please teach me...

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/27/2016 6:31:56 PM

Again, I am not the one who teaches to accept with clear conscious.. That is H.I.M.'s teaching.. It is our responsibility to do our maximum in acknowledging these teachings.. The way that I see it is similar to what I say in: "If a one was to look at a recap of all earthly events, they would very likely say wtf more than wow this is good".. So H.I.M say that the Bible is eternal no matter what language or version.. An eternal document that describes the beginning of creation all the way to the final war between God and the Devil will have and has all events within.. The good, the bad, the terrible, and the pure.. Personally, I cite those gruesome verses not as a commandment that we must follow, or guidelines as how to act, but as a record of terrible events that have happened and will happen on earth. I see those descriptions and learn by reading what NOT to do.. Seen? I can completely overstand why ones and ones want to be distant from the Bible, distant from the terrible manipulations and lies that have come from it.. As with anything, the system or Babylon grabs hold of anything they can to flip, distort, and ruin what they grab.. The Bible reaches SO many people that the system has to flip, distort, and ruin it so that people are even more confused after reading it.. Even through all of this, there is a great message of the Bible. A great message that H.I.M says must be accepted, and I believe that that message is Christ. Coming to I and I in different times with the same message of salvation and righteousness...

But this is just I perspective..

Most High

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I