Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6600&start_row=11

Rastafari nuh hail Jesus!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/26/2016 3:02:30 PM

How can one expect Rasta to unify under bible when with it come oppression of Africans and the stripping way of our spirituality and llange and culture. Plus the many inconsistencies of the bible and flaws I stand with anyone who walks away from it.
One must overs that HIM was raised and taught to be a christian and have certain views of bible and Jesus!

Bless!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2016 3:18:37 PM

This is exactly what I mean in explained away...

"H.I.M. was just raised as Christian. That's why he say Bible and Jesus, there is no truth in those teachings" -- Burn That!

I never say to unite UNDER the Bible but unite perspectives via reasoning and not dismissing H.I.M CLEAR teachings on the subject.

Check out H.I.M revised Amharic Bible.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/26/2016 3:23:27 PM

Yes, the Bible should be read and explored,as i did from front to back, and by the end there were probably more "what the fucks" then "wow this is good". Of course, i am not saying in its original roots and forms the Bible is not Jah's word and that Jesus was not a prophetic Jah revolutionary and one with Jah, but it has been way too corrupted and perverted by mentally disturbed white old men and dictators. So i haffi say no-no to the Bible, you cannot accept it while turning a blind eye to so many things we all know to be wrong and backward.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/26/2016 3:31:55 PM

Yeah same with I
But its old hebrew form is where the confusion begins, then by translators. When u have 2-3 different accounts of the same event, I mean its obvious it aint to be believed. Also there was no prophecied "messiah" in the torah. A greek thing dat!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/26/2016 3:52:40 PM

LOL!!!!! @ "more WTFs" and "but it has been way too corrupted and perverted by mentally disturbed white old men and dictators"

SEEN JAH SEEKER!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2016 4:32:23 PM

That is why I say "check out H.I.M revised Amharic Bible."

H.I.M personally oversaw this revised edition. For I and I it is the purest version.. -- "But no matter what language.."

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/26/2016 5:01:00 PM

and does this version contain the barbaric verses found in chapters like Leviticus and Deuteronomy?

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2016 6:33:27 PM

If a one was to look at a recap of all earthly events, they would very likely say wtf more than they say wow this is good.... Same with the eternal Bible.. However, I do not want to get into a deep Bible vs no Bible argument here.. Enough of that already.. All I want to say and see is unity amongst ALL Ras Tafari concerning H.I.M and the teachings thereof.

Bless

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/26/2016 7:10:25 PM

That wont happen with bible pushing when dealing with African peoples for there will always be nuff a us what know Obeah and Voodoo are more original to I, even if we dont business in that. We know what come long with bible for InI and will reject it and we know Kemet/Kush/Nile Valley seniority and superiority to it. We know Itiopya been in bible (OT n NT) for long time so we overs His Majesty position on it but for most of Africa its pure'd foreign!
His Majesty religion is his religion InI a deal with freedom justice equality preservation and building and so forth teachings of our leaders, not their religion!

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/27/2016 3:11:02 AM

yeah but HH can you answer I, does it have the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy and its barbaric verses?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I