Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6597&start_row=1

Meditation on the Presence of Messiah

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 7/24/2016 3:06:24 PM

I'll begin by stating that I believe that Haile Selassie is Yeshua the Messiah in His return. Now I will provide a meditation on His coming again.

Luke 21
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.
21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.

The destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman armies was "the abomination of desolation". Yeshua's prophecies of these events would, among other signs, prove that He is the Messiah. See the following verses:

Matthew 26
63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!”

64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

I feel that this coming on the clouds of heaven is a past event. As mentioned, it was a confirmation to the Jews that Yeshua is the Messiah.

These things were also a foreshadowing of the abomination of desolation at the end of our age. It is included in Yeshua's Olivet Discourse. I believe it was fulfilled in Nazi Germany's persecution of the Jews. So both Yeshua and Haile Selassie prophecied of World War II, which in part would confirm them being the Messiah.

"Haile Selassie addressed the League on 20 June 1936, the same time that the League officially condemned the Italian invasion and annexation. During his address he asked, "What answer shall I take back to my people?" warning further that, "It is us today, it will be you tomorrow." The Emperor was toasted and hailed around the world by anti-fascists, and Time magazine named him "Man of the Year". Today his prophetic words to the League of Nations are often cited as a foreshadowing the Second World War to the ill-prepared nations of the world."
Haile Selassie I's Prophecy

Now I will paste some excerpts from an article:

----------
An Important Greek Word

Parousia

What shall be the sign of thy parousia and of the end of the age?
—Matthew 24:3, composite

by David Rice

The Greek word parousia has attracted much attention, because of its relationship to the return of Christ. Many translations render the word “coming” when it refers to our Lord’s return, but many of our readers have long learned that the word actually means “presence.”

As the Lightning

Another telling use of this word is in Matthew 24:27, “For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the parousia of the Son of man be.” The comparison Jesus intends by the lightning is not the suddenness of its flash—as though Jesus would suddenly appear at his arrival—but the influence exerted as an evidence of his parousia, namely general enlightenment, just as lightning shines across the whole heaven.

In context Jesus was warning his disciples against any claim of a private, local, confined presence. “If they shall say … he is in the desert [or] … in the secret chambers, believe it not.” For his presence would be manifest by a broad, expansive influence of enlightenment. The point Jesus makes fits a period of presence.

Why the Imprecision?

Why, then, is the word so frequently translated “coming”? Of the twenty four instances of parousia, the King James version renders it “presence” only twice, 2 Corinthians 10:10 and Philippians 2:12, where the context forces the rendering. But why “coming” elsewhere?

The translation “coming” is not as egregious as it might first appear because the word “coming” when used as a noun can mean “presence.” If one says “at my coming we will renew our friendship,” the friendly exchange does not take place in transit, but after one’s arrival, during his presence. Parousia is in every case a noun, unlike a verb such as “I am coming” where the act of transit is the point. Parousia, a noun, “being alongside,” never refers to a transit. Though not egregious, the translation “coming” should be avoided because it is imprecise and misleading.

Arrival?

But what of the term “arrival”? Would this be a feasible rendering of parousia? Surprisingly, the King James version of the English Bible never uses the word “arrival,” in either the Old or New Testament. It is a noun, and it would emphasize that parousia does not mean transit. But it would imply the word has particular focus on the conclusion of a transit (which it does not), and fails to express the thought of a continuing presence. This would not fit well the texts that refer to events “in” or “into” the parousia of Christ. Better to render the word consistently “presence.”

The “Sign” of his Parousia

Matthew 24:3 marks the first use of the word parousia. “What shall be the sign of thy parousia, and of the end of the age?” Most agree that at this time the disciples did not understand that Jesus would die and return to his heavenly Father for many centuries before coming again to establish his kingdom. What, then, was the basis of their question about his parousia? Probably it was the closing warning of Jesus to the apostate leaders of Jerusalem before he exited the temple that last day of his public ministry. “Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord” (Matthew 23:39).

This must have seemed odd as they deliberated on these words. Jesus had walked among the Pharisees for three and a half years, shown many evidences of supernatural power, wisdom, and spoke as “never man spake” (John 7:46). What wonderful evidences of his claim to be sent of God. But if these had not convinced the Pharisees, what would? How would they come to say “blessed is he [Jesus] that cometh in the name of the Lord?” What sign [seemeion, evidence, proof] would Jesus give in order to induce this recognition? “What shall be the sign of your presence?”

They were not asking, as so many Christians assume, for signs of his approach to alert them to a sudden appearance. They were asking what sign would accomplish what the Lord predicted—to make him known as the one coming in the name of the Lord.

Jesus responded at length to their inquiry. His words were framed to fit the end of the Jewish age, which was the immediate concern of the disciples. We know, however, from the later application of his answers by Paul, Peter, and John, that the answer applies to the close of the Gospel age as well. But for now, let us consider the words as they applied long ago.

In verses 4-13 he warned them against premature expectations, showing that many years would intervene before the end would come and the sign of his authority be recognized. In verse 14 he shows that the gospel would be preached far and wide as a witness, and “then shall the end come”—the closing experiences, when the Roman armies would intrude upon the holy land and great perplexity and distress result.

This period and its adversities are described in verses 15-28. During this ending period the desolating armies of Rome would come into the sacred precincts (verse 15), those of faith would flee to the mountains (verse 16), and they were advised to be earnest and rapid in their flight (verses 17-19). If their flight was in the winter, or on the sabbath, or they had small children to care for, their difficulties would be compounded (verses 20 and 21). If there was no intervention, the disaster would come upon believer and unbeliever alike, sparing none, but by God’s providence there would be some interventions. Twice the threat was “shortened” —literally “cut off,” ended—before it resumed a third time after the elect had fled (verse 22). In those days false deliverers would falsely predict a good result, and the deceptions would be strong, but against them all Jesus forewarned the elect (verses 23-27). Amid the distresses, however, he would safely gather his saints (verse 28). During this time the authority and presence of the master would be recognized by his elect, though unperceived by others (verses 27 and 28).

Then the climax would come. Immediately after the tribulation of the days of siege and flight, the next wave of attack would devastate Jerusalem and the polity of Israel would collapse (verse 29). Then would they see the evidence—the sign—of Christ’s authority and majesty in the coming of the dire judgments Christ had predicted. “Then shall appear the sign [seemeion] of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory” (verse 30).

The article can be read in its entirety here:
An Important Greek Word - Parousia
----------

I will now finish this meditation by linking to Yeshua's Olivet Discourse. But first I'll quote from the preceding chapter:

Matthew 23
37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
38 See! Your house is left to you desolate;
39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Matthew 24 (The Olivet Discourse)

May JAH Rastafari guide I and I
Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/24/2016 3:20:40 PM

give thanks for the meditation, but i think it is high time InI go beyond and outside the Bible. We cannot dissect it partially but read it completely. Since it has parts saying that entire nations, women and babies be slaughtered and that if a father has a rebellious son he should take him to the elder and have him stoned to death. Shit like that makes it a big no no for InI. Anyway, nuff raspect, just some daily blowing off steam from the Jah Seeker.

Blessed love,
Selassie I

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/24/2016 7:14:58 PM

It may be high time for summa InI I, but it wont happen for others. The bible is part of some ones Icepts of the unknown, which many have a certain fear in and its part of thier comfort.
Words and ideas get confused culture gets taken and replaced and so on.

Still tho every I have they rights!

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 7/24/2016 10:38:52 PM

One additional note...

Matthew 24:27
27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

A reasoning on the Greek word "Astrape" which means lightning:
Astrape and Millenial Age

Give thanks for the replies. To each his own.
Rastafari.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 7/24/2016 11:10:17 PM

An excerpt from the reasoning Astrape and Millenial Age:

"Then Jesus tells how God's kingdom will come upon the world, by describing a light, that progresses from east to west in the sky. Many translations present this light as lightning and use the word "flash" rather simply shines, but we believe that this leaves one with the wrong idea, as we will present below.

Lightning does not generally come from the east and shine even to the west, but the sun does. The word "lightning" is a poor translation of the Greek word "astrape," which signifies "bright shining" (as given in Luke 11:36 in the KJV), and really refers here, as the context indicates, to the sunlight which shines always from the east even to the west, while on the other hand, lightning flashes in a variety of directions, wherever the electrical forces producing it may be discharged. A flash of lightning would only luminate the sky for a split second, which is not a good illustration of Jesus' return. When the word "presence" is substituted for "coming," the statement is seen to declare that the presence of Christ will be like the sunlight, gradually illuminating the world. It is not a split second of time, in which all the world sees and recognizes Jesus it the instant that he returns, as some have assumed.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/25/2016 3:12:45 AM

Dear bredren, do you believe the Bible is perfect and believe everything it says, in chapter of every book?

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 7/25/2016 11:21:08 AM

I see the whole Bible as being inspired by The Most High. But I don't read it like a flawless history book. I could describe it as searching for the Word within the word and within myself.
I feel that my views are somewhat similar to what His Majesty said:

H.I.M.: I have the highest respect for the Bible as a whole. We also recognise the rightful name the Bible bears. We find that in all the periods of the Old Testament, in the time of Patriarchs, Kings, and Prophets, great miracles were done. On the other hand, the time in which Our Lord HIM-self gave the command to go to all the world and to preach is also of high value. Then, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John,- the four gospels in which the sayings of our Lord are recorded- are pillars for all men on the earth. Therefore the Bible should not be cut into portions.

Haile Selassie Christmas Interview

I also agree with Haile Selassie when He says:

"...unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation."

Haile Selassie's Speech On The Bible

I would appreciate it if this thread don't turn into another discussion on the Bible. There's a lot of it on this site. If you're not into the Bible then it's your choice.

Rastafari Guidance.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 7/25/2016 12:27:49 PM

I don't discourage anyone from calling themself Rastafari. Rastafari has many influences and the Bible is a major one.

To each his own.
Blessed love.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/25/2016 2:34:28 PM

I don't disagree that the Bible is a major influence, of course it is, and i fully respect your beliefs and views and your right to them (i know sometimes i come off a little rough in the beginning lol). All i have trouble overstanding is why ones and ones constantly use the Bible as validation and instruction. Of course it has beautiful messages and chapters and stories which everyone should read and learn from, but i feel as if most people turn a blind eye to so many horrific,brutal and barbaric instructions and messages that are in there as well. It is clear that it is deeply flawed, so i think we shouldn't use something that we would't accept half of, it is either completely perfect or not. As a holy book, there is no partiality.

Rastafari fyah bun!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/25/2016 4:18:37 PM

One fresh fish inna di basket, add one rotten fish...and you now have 2 rotten fish

Or said differently...

One untuth can spoil a thousand truths.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I