Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6595&start_row=1

New mansions

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 7/23/2016 1:49:39 AM

i am posting for those interested.

my name is Merric but people call me Mars, i posted a few things a while back but not much.

im a traveler-kid which are what hitchhiker "tribes" call themselves in america.

travelerkids are hedonistic anarchists.

im an anarchists raised in a newage family, over the past several months ive become discusted by the drug addiction terminal illness and constant stabbing and fistfighting that occurs in my nomadic community.

ive studdied hinduism buddhism and various folk beliefs.
then i met more Rastas and it cliqued although i have multiple races in me(if interested look up "melungeon" an ethic group started from mixing races in america)
because im not black i felt very self conscious about adjuncting rastaman as an identity.

but over the months ive met many people also in love with the rasta vibe.
we started doing bible study mixed with buddhist meditation and god realization typical in Hinduism.
we started greeting each other with selah(meaning take a pause from psalms) and doing the seal of solomon handsign HIM does.
we started blessing people and getting food from passers by.

we started eating for the purpose of feeding our bodies rather than pleaseing the tongue, listen to bob ziggy and damian as well as soja constantly
and started praying before smoking pot.

i had this idea, instead of saying "rasta rasta rasta" i said lets call ourselves "Nazir" which is hebrew for monk.

this is my(& our)path ive made by useing a rasta roadmap
our fathers house has many mansions.

tonight i was thinking about this we are unmistakably rasta and calling ourselves nazir wont change that perception.

so is this how sects start?...

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/23/2016 2:28:01 AM

Greetings + love Bro Mars
In the abode of JAH are many houses..
The I is not the first one to use this word NazIr as an identification of the Iself in RasTafarI.
The word Nazir means a separated one, yes I think monk is a good modern word to describe it. The Nazarite vow specifically is designed to create NazIr, and you probably already know that RasTafarI usually integrate some or all of these old testament commandments from the Nazarite vow, such as abstaining from wine and not cutting hair. So to I there is a clear Innection between NazIr Livity and RastafarI Livity. To call the Iself and the group who adhere to the livity of separation from babylon "NazIr" is an accurate statement.
Mars the I wasnt on the site yet at this time, but there was an Idren who came here regularly for a while, Ras NazIr. The I can look up his reasonings, he has a lot of Iducation to share... Wonder where he went... Ras Nazir we miss the I!
Keep up the search and passion for more purity in the I livity.. This path of purification will always lead the I in the right way.
JAH Love All

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 7/23/2016 5:48:13 PM

"so is this how sects start?..."

I would rather say, this is how CONSCIOUSNESS starts.
As I feel it, with the Is' story, there is no need to put a label on it yet, as the Is are still building on the fundament.
Being a Nazir is a very seriuos matter, an ascetic lifestyle kept for years by the most ones. Not an easy road fe real! You have to have (or work on) your inner strength. Spiritual and mental discipline is a must for a Nazir and this might collide with the hedonistic lifestyle the I used to live in before. So are you ready for it?

JAH bless and guide

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/23/2016 9:42:10 PM

A pure livity away from the beast needs no title!

Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 7/26/2016 12:26:07 PM

As streetkids and travelers labels are almost always used out here to distinguish ourselves from the "homebums" who panhandle for beer heroin and meth.

By distinguishing ourselves as "not honebums" people bless us with food for living a rightious life.
Since the majority of middleclass americans think all poor people are dangerous criminals with no ethics or morals.

Travelers(who also call themselves"dirty kids) made living on the fringes a noble thing.

We make it a good thing we say nazir but dirty kids have been calling us "spirty kids" as in spiritual dirty kids.

Labels are used out of ignorance but titles are used out of healthy pride.

This is why rasta appeals so much to the extremely poor no matter what your race because in todays america the extremely poor are lower than dogs.
Literally youll do more time for killing a dog than for killing a poor person

Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 7/26/2016 12:26:08 PM

As streetkids and travelers labels are almost always used out here to distinguish ourselves from the "homebums" who panhandle for beer heroin and meth.

By distinguishing ourselves as "not honebums" people bless us with food for living a rightious life.
Since the majority of middleclass americans think all poor people are dangerous criminals with no ethics or morals.

Travelers(who also call themselves"dirty kids) made living on the fringes a noble thing.

We make it a good thing we say nazir but dirty kids have been calling us "spirty kids" as in spiritual dirty kids.

Labels are used out of ignorance but titles are used out of healthy pride.

This is why rasta appeals so much to the extremely poor no matter what your race because in todays america the extremely poor are lower than dogs.
Literally youll do more time for killing a dog than for killing a poor person

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/26/2016 3:56:27 PM

Rasta is not to be synonymous with poverty. Though some may not be abundantly materialistically wealthy, INI represent royalty, and as such carry ourselves as kings and queens, at all times.

Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 7/26/2016 5:34:01 PM

I do not equate rasta with poverty.
I equate rasta with the original way of life ,Gods plan, one with nature.

To repatriate to nature and humans natural way of life in which all beings are respected as kings of their personal worlds, rightfully subject to no force other than God.
No pope no cop and no governer has the right to tell me or anyone how to live my life. The only will that can force anyone to do anything without oppressing them is Jah
I think royalty is as Ras is a perfect way to put that.

Since Rasta is royalty when rasta are oppressed they seem to stand with nobility.

I equate the oppression talked about in Rasta culture(in reference to Afrikans) with the oppression felt by all poor people in todays america.

Its gotten really bad lately but its been bad for decades. Everyones out of work many people are becoming drifters
And the cops abuse us on the behalf of the upper classes which incidentally are the descendents of the same white colonialists that enslaved afrikans.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I