Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6585&start_row=1

The 12 benefits of drinking beer.

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/9/2016 4:43:01 PM

1. Beer keeps your kidneys healthy A Finnish study singled out beer among other alcoholic beverages, finding that it was better for your kidneys. In fact, each bottle of beer you drink reduces the risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.

2. Beer for better digestion Beer, and especially dark beer, contains up to one gram of soluble fibre* in each 30 cl glass - unlike wine, which doesn’t contain any fibre at all. Fibre plays an important role in intestinal transit (a fibre deficiency can cause gastric and intestinal disorders such as constipation or diarrhoea).

3. Beer to lower your bad cholesterol The fibre in beer can also help reduce your levels of LDL cholesterol, i.e. the “bad” type of cholesterol.

4. Beer can increase your vitamin B levels Beer contains several B vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and B12). A Dutch study found that beer drinkers had 30 percent higher levels of vitamin B6 than their non-drinking counterparts, and levels that were twice as high as those of wine drinkers. Beer is also a generous source of vitamin B12, an anti-anaemic factor not found in many foods.

5. Beer for stronger bones! A 2009 study concluded that the elevated levels of silicon in beer can contribute to higher bone density.

6. Beer as a cure for insomnia Lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, which are both present in beer, can promote sleep!

7. Beer reduces your risk of a heart attack Beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent reduced risk of suffering a heart attack compared with non-beer drinkers.

8. Beer helps prevent blood clots The ingredients in beer help prevent blood clots from forming.

9. Beer boosts your memory According to studies, beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia than non-beer drinkers.

10. Beer helps combat stress Researchers at the University of Montreal found that two glasses of beer a day can reduce work-related stress or anxiety.

11. Beer as a cold remedy Drinking warm beer is an excellent cold remedy! When barley is warmed up it improves blood circulation and helps you breathe when you feel congested. It also provides relief for joint pain and boosts your immunity. So, how do you prepare it? Heat a bottle of beer in a double boiler and then add four small teaspoons of honey.

12. Beer makes skin more beautiful Good news for women! Certain vitamins in beer can regenerate the skin and have a positive impact on pigmentation. Your skin becomes smoother and suppler.

Of course, do not get drunk, but it is beneficial to drink moderately.

Give thanks,
Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/10/2016 1:52:29 PM

If it reduces kidney stone risk it definately increases risk of things like Gout and blood pressure. Beer is not ital bredda i cant support this

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/10/2016 4:12:39 PM

I overstand bredren, but just some info for those that do drink once in a while.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/15/2016 5:13:12 AM

So do u mean some Rastafari people drink alcohol now? I thought RASTA teaches against de use of alcohol. Alcohol is de distruction of de nation. I lerned dat from RASTA. Alcohol is also an impediment to iritical growth. Besides B12 all of de so called benefits yu stated are found in Canabis without de risks experienced with alcohol. Moreover de risks & disavantages of alcohol outweighs de little so called benefits. I & I know dat most of de time people make alcohol (tradional & cormecial brews) some ital is used as de main ingredient so some of de so called little benefits are not necessarily from de brew but from de ital dat was used. Example many of dis promoters of alcohol would tel yu dat red wine reduces risks of heart attack yet de truth is red grapes are de ones dat actualy reduces de risks of heart attack. Brother I know u were trying to prove something by posting dis alcohol advert on a RASTA websites but I man think dat was not a wise decision. If B12 was de reason, u could have used a different format. Promoting de use of alcohol & flesh eating is not something dat I expect from RASTA people. RASTA is a concious & inspirational soul. Dat is I belief. Well what can I say if Iself may not be considerd RASTA by many. But then due to I spirituality some of de Ancients of de RASTA trod who passed flesh do speak through I. I just pass de Word Sound on deir behalf. Fireburn alcohol. Oneness

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/15/2016 6:08:03 AM

Dear bredren, i overs what the i is saying and can agree with the I. I have been here for many years and most of the group knows I and knows I don't deal in advertising or promoting anything, seen? All i did is share some info on the advantages of a beer now and then. It is after all made from natural ingredients (starch,wheat..) Of course, everything is about balance, i didn't say rasta haffi drink 10 beers a day or something, but my perspective is that one beer once in a while is beneficial. Of course, i overs that beer is generally condemned by Rasta and shunned, but to inform the I, yes in fact there are a lot of rasta that drink beer, something i witnessed myself on i trip to jamaica. I am not suggesting anyone should drink or not to drink, i just share info on what i want, you do with it what you will.

Blessed love,
Selassie I

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/15/2016 8:56:57 AM

One thing I know is dat all de religious houses of de world have bn defiled by de devil through iniquity & indicipline. De house of RASTA has not bn spared. I have seen some brothers who claim RASTA starting to openly embrace iniquity after visiting some places which are known to have a many RASTA people. De point I man tryin to make is dat usually de areas (epecialy city areas) dat have a high population of RASTA tend to also have high number of wolfs in sheep clothing. These are de people who claim RASTA yet embracing iniquity. I don't mean alcohol is iniquity but I mean to a criminal dread who claims RASTA alcohol is not an issue to be avoided. Also there are many people who partialy embrace RASTA dat do not care much about de livity within de trod but they love de RASTA identity(bcos of reggea & ganja, such people tend to continue with de habits dat are shunned by teachings of de trod. However if more people who troding seriously starts to embrace alcohol then dat is a sign dat RASTA is falling. For yu as a young & rising brother I would expect to follow de light of RASTA trod instead of following de weaknes of some people. Yu travel all de way from Europe to Jamaica to copy de weakness of some people instead of geting de cream of Jamaica (ancients who are very serious about de trod). I man think dis website like reggea represents de ancients who are serious about de trod (yet don't deal with internet & reggae) to spread de upful RASTA masage & enlightenment to de world. Yu can say dat u use alcohol once in a while & yu should be clear dat its yo habbit & weakness but I think yu should not post benefits of alcohol drinking bcos dat is an advert of alcohol. Brother there some rising Igels dat need de best enlightening RASTA info, so yu can imagine when a young rising Igel surf de network fo RASTA info then they stumble upon yo alcohol promoting post on a RASTA website. De habit start with dis once in a while thing then later no more livity. Alcohol results to plenty of deaths through accidents & HIV spread ina Africa. Brother I know yu are young but since yu claim to be old in dis site then try to give de Word Sound dat yu would give as an elder to yo rising kids. I know we may not always agree with de ancients who pioneered dis trod but atleast we must try to represent dem to show dat we have spiritualy grown through some of their inspiration. Stand strong brother. Yu yo self can eliminate alcohol completely & rise to higher hights. Herb & ital is enough fo RASTA. Oneness

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/15/2016 9:05:25 AM

give thanks for the response.

I am not following anyone or anything, i spoke to both incients and younger rasta, and the point of this is not to push anyone to drink alcohol, everyone can do what they want i don't care. let's not take this thing too far, it was purely informational, the end.

Messenger: Empress Blogger Sent: 7/30/2016 1:30:57 PM

That was my question to myself. Why did this person post this information?
Rasta don't drink beer. But, people who want to be Rasta, and drink beer can drink beer.
Blessed.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I